Duplicate Lines during Recording. PLEASE HELP!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
syrilram

Duplicate Lines during Recording. PLEASE HELP!

Post by syrilram » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi, I've got a problem with iOpus iMacros add on for Firefox. iMacros version 7500718; Firefox version 15.0.1; Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium version 6.1 (build 7601: Service Pack 1) English.

Just recently I've noticed that when I record a new macro, each link I click or text I enter is repeated 4 times in a row, instead of just the single entry that I wanted. Earlier today I believe it was 3 times in a row. Here is an example:

VERSION BUILD=7500718 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://www.urbandictionary.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:K
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:kickback
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:W

I know that someone below posted something very similar, but I had thought that maybe it would be better to post this one as it is slightly different. Normally I love the program, and have recommended it to people I know, but until this is fixed, I can't use it anymore, and because of that I can't work. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brett
tgandy

Re: Duplicate Lines during Recording. PLEASE HELP!

Post by tgandy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Brett,

I posted the other item.

What I've noticed is that if I start firefox and start recording it works OK for the first time, until I press Stop.

If I press Stop and it stops, then all is OK and the file is saved and single lines.

If I have to press stop more than once, then that is when I start to get multiple lines and it doesn't save.

Does yours always save the macro to the file?

Andy
syrilram

Post by syrilram » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 am

I haven't had any problems with saving the macro to a file after I name it, but I have noticed that sometimes I have to hit the Stop button twice at the most to stop it from recording, but usually it just stops the first time I hit the Stop button. Actually, after I typed that last sentence I tested it out again, again at Urban Dictionary, the same site as the other day and it worked great. I think I know why too, yesterday I had some weird thing where I couldn't access the internet for some reason so I did a system restore for 9/19/2012. I think that fixed the iMacros problem for me, at least so far.

I saw that your post with the similar problem was from a day before I posted my problem, so I think it must be some kind of update or something recently. I turned off automatic updates from Firefox unless I approve of the update first. I haven't really tested it out much yet, but so far that fixed it for me (fingers crossed). I'd give it a shot if I were you.

Also, if you haven't done a system restore before, it's really easy. Just type system restore in the Start Menu search thing. System restore has been a life saver for me many times in the past.

Good luck.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Brett,

Can you try it with the latest version of iMacros for Firefox and let us know if you still have this issue:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History

I have been unable to reproduce the issue in my tests.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm

After further testing, I was able to reproduce the issue:

http://www.screencast.com/t/OVeMKFEkayD

I have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team and we hope to have it fixed soon. Thank you for reporting it here and bringing it to our attention!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
syrilram

Post by syrilram » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Thank you for looking into that. After I did a system restore the problems have come back, and I am having the exact same problems as in the video, along with the problems of not being able to save my macros after I make them. I've been thinking about trying to downgrade to a previous version but I don't know how to do that, so I hope that it gets fixed soon.
tedb3rd

Post by tedb3rd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm

I am experiencing the same problem. I am using iMacros v 7.5.0.4 for Firefox (v.15.0.1). Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit w/SP1. The addon worked correctly for several months without any problems. Then (for reasons unknown) it started this behavior about a month ago.

When I install iMacros the first time, it records successfully one time. I can save/rename the file as usual. If I try to record another macro, nothing happens the first time I click save. If I click it again, it stops recording but nothing is saved (as far as I can find). Then, when I click record again, everything is duplicated in the recording. Each time I click stop and record again, the number of times that each event is recorded increases by one. So it's 2x the second time. 3 times the 3rd, 4 times the 4th, etc.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Ted,

Thanks for adding your details here, that will really help us troubleshoot and fix this issue!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
tedb3rd

Post by tedb3rd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm

I am experiencing the same thing that Tom posted in the 10/8 screenshot video. Except when I click stop (the second time) it goes from showing the script to showing the list of the previously saved macros... except the 'current.iim' is not listed... It's as though nothing was ever saved. When I go back to record again, it's back to just like the video... duplicate entries.

I just downloaded the most recent version I could find (build 7511006) and it does the same thing.

As soon as a solution is found, please let us know!! It's reassuring to know that this is now an identified issue and techs at iOpus have been able to duplicate the problem.

Thanks,
Ted
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 pm

This should now be fixed with version 7.6.0.0 available for download here:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History

You will need to install it manually by saving the .xpi file to your machine and then dragging and dropping it onto an open instance of Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
b0jangl3s

Post by b0jangl3s » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:03 pm

I updated as instructed, and I still get the same problem (although it seems less frequent, anecdotally). I'd be pleased to provide an example (it seems to be repeatable on a few sites), but I'm not sure of the best way.
tedb3rd

Post by tedb3rd » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Same here. I downloaded the most recent version (7.6.0.0) and sometimes it records/saves correctly but other times it has the same problem as before. Hopefully they will keep looking into this and get it corrected!

Perhaps something in a Firefox upgrade 'started' the problem?? I wouldn't know what to look for but maybe something in the KB articles about changes in Firefox updates might be helpful.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 pm

b0jangl3s wrote:I updated as instructed, and I still get the same problem (although it seems less frequent, anecdotally). I'd be pleased to provide an example (it seems to be repeatable on a few sites), but I'm not sure of the best way.
Yes, please do! If you don't want to post it in a public forum, please open a support ticket and mention this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
syrilram

Post by syrilram » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm

The update seemed to have done the trick for me. Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it.