"This webpage is not available" message

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
leonardevens

"This webpage is not available" message

Post by leonardevens » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm

I am using google chrome under Fedora Linux 14. I added imacros, and the icon for it appears in my toolbar.
But when I click on it, I get

This webpage is not available
The webpage at chrome-extension://invalid/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

What is going on?

I have been using imacros with Firefox, but I am having trouble entering a macro and saving it, so I decided to start fresh with google chrome.
JLuc

Re: "This webpage is not available" message

Post by JLuc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

I have exactly the same issue, but on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I install it on Chrome and when clicking the button it displays an error message in chrome's side-window, stating that "chrome-extension://invalid/" url is not available.
Plus an "Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED) : Unknown error".

Could it be that chromes iMacro cant exist both on Firefox and Chrome ?

I am using IMacro 6.0.1

There are error logs in the iMacro Extension 'Console' tab.
It begins with
"Denying load of chrome-extension://cplklnmnlbnpmjogncf....longkey..../sandbox.html. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by web pages."
followed with "Could not instatiate SI plugin im_SI.js:272 im_SI.startServer im_SI.js:272" and loads more

When specified as an url, this "chrome-extension://cplklnmnlbnpmjogncf....longkey..../sandbox.html" adresse leads to the same <<"chrome-extension://invalid/" url is not available>> message, but in chrome's main window.
JLuc

Re: "This webpage is not available" message

Post by JLuc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am

Searching on internet i found that only version > 20 of chrome would support some features so i updated to version 23 and now it is OK !

I used :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:a-v-shkop/chromium
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser