Upgrade to IE10 leave my iMacros icon doing nothing

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
miloshapiro

Upgrade to IE10 leave my iMacros icon doing nothing

Post by miloshapiro » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Last night before bed, iMacros was still working great for me.
Overnight, i got an automatic upgrade from IE9 to IE10 on my Win 7 desktop upon rebooting.
Apparently, i must have chosen something to update upgrades automatically.

All of a sudden, with IE10, the iMacros button does nothing when I click on it!
I cant get my list of macros up so I can run them.
Is this a common problem? What can I do to get iMacros to work again?
If reinstalling is necessary, please give me a direct URL if you can.
And if it is necessary, my macros will show up again in the list, correct?

I can't tell you what version I'm on because I can't bring it up to check.

Eager to have that back because the macros leads to work income for me sometimes,
so thank you in advance for your advice! - Milo
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Upgrade to IE10 leave my iMacros icon doing nothing

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi miloshapiro,

Please see this this forum post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Tom, please see what forum post? I think you meant to paste a link and didn't. ;-)
Thanks.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

The "this forum post" in my last post is hyperlinked to the following:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 03&p=51940
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Strange...the other day "this forum post" didn't show as a link...but now it quite obviously does.
As I see it now in blue, I would have known to click on that. Maybe something was up with my browser....sorry for what must have looked very obvious on your end! lol.

I just read that referenced post and started to go through the steps to uninstall and reinstall, but when I looked at the reinstall page,
it said "30 day trial demo". I've been using the free version and hadn't planned to change that.
Does the 30 day trial demo just turn into the free version but with fewer features?
Or will this solution leave me without iMacros in 30 days? If so, does the free version exist at another link?

Also, I could be remembering wrong, but I thought I had to install one iMacros for FF and one for IE.
Am I remembering that wrong? Or is it now one iMacros that works for both?
I don't want to lose the one I'm using in FF in the process of getting IE back up and running again.
I only see one iMacros for uninstalling, so perhaps it is that one installation supports both?

Thanks!!!!!!
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi milo,

A version of the freeware version of iMacros for IE10 has not yet been published. When it's ready, you will be able to download it from the following link:

http://www.iopus.com/download/imacros-ie/

You should also still be able to use the version you have installed now after the 30 days expire.
miloshapiro wrote:Also, I could be remembering wrong, but I thought I had to install one iMacros for FF and one for IE.
Am I remembering that wrong?
No, that's correct. You have to install iMacros for IE, iMacros for Firefox, and iMacros for Chrome separately.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Tom! You say:

"You should also still be able to use the version you have installed now after the 30 days expire."

but the version that I have now is the free version where the icon does nothing.
I'm guessing you mean that I could load the trial version and it would still work after the 30 days...and work something like a free version?

Back to installation: In previous notes, you said to uninstall the old version first, which would be the free IE version.
But all that I see in my Windows 7 uninstall list is one version: iMacros Version 7.3.6.1445.
It doesn't say IE or FF in the name.
I don't understand how that could be because, until the IE upgrade happened, I was using iMacros on both browsers, so I should
see two versions of iMacros that could potentially be uninstalled, right?
Is the iMacros Version 7.3.6.1445 my Firefox one? If so, I sure don't want to delete that!

I've skimmed the whole list of programs, hoping to find the words iOpus or iMacros somewhere in the list (perhaps there was some other word preceding it),
but the one called iMacros Version 7.3.6.1445 is the only one I see. Until I know if that's the FF one or if it's the IE one (and if the latter, what's running FF?),
I don't want to do an uninstall.

Thanks for your patience on this, Tom!!! ;-)
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't know what that last random posting was from, but it sure didn't seem to have anything to do with my set of questions.
I'm still eager to hear back from Tom about so I can move forward so I'm posting again, just in case her posting might have implied in any reporting that I had gotten some kind of answer, which her posting sure wasn't.
Lisa C

Post by Lisa C » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:46 pm

According to what I know, the free version is different than a trial. We used a trial. It has all the features. But after 30 days, it will pop-up to ask if you want to buy or continue trial for almost every command line. You actually cannot run anything meaningful. The free version on the other hand does not have all the features, but will never ask you if you want to buy. I tried the free version, but it is not enough for us. You may find the free version download here: http://www.iopus.com/imacros/compare/all/
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks Lisa. If that's the case about it asking me constantly to upgrade, it looks like I'm just going to have to wait for the free iMacros for IE v10 to come out. I believe you that it doesn't meet your needs, which may be more complicated than mine, but for the simple things that I do, the free version does suffice and I just can't rationalize the upgrade at this time, nice as it would be, I'm sure.
Lisa C

Post by Lisa C » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:41 pm

I actually got same issue. A couple of days ago, My IE8 was upgraded to IE10 automatically. Then I followed the steps from this forum to uninstall my iMacors8 and install iMacors9 which is supposed to be fully compatible with IE10. I got lot of problems to make my automation work (I have Windows 7). So I downgraded my IE to IE9 (cannot find IE8) and all the issues are solved by the downgrading except one minor issue that I cannot get the add-on icon of iMacros show on the top bar. I once got it show though, but it could not bring the left panel up. So, I uninstalled and installed again, actually couple of times. At the last step of the installation, I was able to follow the instruction and make the icon work on the page of the last step on IE. Once I close the IE and open it again, I cannot find a way to make the icon show. But, when I run my automation, it will bring my left panel up. Now, I have to run my automation first, then use my left panel to develop/edit something. Is there a way to fix this? I kind feel this is a bug introduced from iMacros9.
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 am

If you can get a solution to your troubles, I'll happily downgrade back to IE9 to have the free iMacros back (unless Tom says the IE10 support is very close to ready);
i don't see any advantages to 10.

I'm not sure what you mean by "But, when I run my automation, it will bring my left panel up."
What is "run my automation" referring to?
Lisa C

Post by Lisa C » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:28 pm

In my automation, my script has the following commands:
Set imacros = CreateObject("imacros")
iret = imacros.iimOpen("-ie", False)
These commands will open IE9 (or take the one that is already open) meanwhile make the iMacros side bar shown. In the second command, parameter True will bring the side bar up too.
Lisa C

Post by Lisa C » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 pm

A free version may not support script.
miloshapiro

Post by miloshapiro » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:58 am

i wouldn't know where to make use of a script like that, Lisa. I'm still not sure what you mean by your automation.
Is that some sort of script that you've told your program to do when you boot up?
Or click the IE launch?

Sounds like if you can't find a way to get that icon to show on the bar, going back to IE9 may not benefit me.