RuntimeError unhandled confirm dialog

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

RuntimeError unhandled confirm dialog

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 pm

This is the first time I will post on the User Forum though I've been using iMacros for Firefox for several years, so I hope I will do it correctly...

iMacros v8.3.0 for Firefox, FF19 + FF20.0.1, Win7 (x32).

Since version v8.3.0 or v8.2.28 of the iMacros Plugin for Firefox, (was working fine before...), I am getting Runtime Errors about unhandled confirm dialogs although !ERRORIGNORE is set to YES at the beginning of my iim Scripts.

RuntimeError: unhandled confirm dialog detected. Dialog message: "Are you sure...? <OK> <Cancel>", line 62 (Error code: -1450)

I have a Macro running that I sometimes need to pause and manually take a few strategic decisions with Confirm Dialogs triggered by the Web-pages, before resuming the Macro execution.

If I "strategicly" dispatch a few "ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=" in my Macro, I'm then able to perform the few manual actions that trigger the Confirm Dialogs, but it is a bit of a not very straightforward workaround..., as it was working fine before without any Runtime Error...

I tried adding "ONERRORDIALOG BUTTON=YES CONTINUE=YES" or even "ONERRORDIALOG BUTTON=OK CONTINUE=YES" (because <OK><Cancel> expected...) at the beginning of my Script, but to no avail...

I considered reverting to v7 which was working fine, but I quite like the new EVENT Click Mode and I'm currently experimenting with it, or I could even reinstall a 2nd Thread of Firefox with the iMacros v7.xx Plugin, but pfff, it's a bit of a hassle...

The Website where the problem occurs is behind Login and Password but I can provide that info with a Test Account if necessary...
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Re: RuntimeError unhandled confirm dialog

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

Hi chivracq,

Thank you for taking the time to report this here and bringing it to our attention! I have logged this issue for further investigation by our development team.

Don't miss important news or notices about iMacros! Like our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/iMacros

To receive a monthly email update on all interesting iMacros developments including important updates, beta versions, and inside information, tips and tricks, please subscribe to the iMacros Newsletter:

http://www.iopus.com/newsletter/

You can also subscribe to our News and Announcements forum to be notified of future production releases:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6643
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
bongzilla

Post by bongzilla » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I also experience the same problem. I'm using Firefox 21.0

RuntimeError: unhandled alert dialog detected. Dialog message: "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0", line 17 (Error code: -1450)

This is in the line 17:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_content_ctl00_ibvote

Before IE10, the tools skip this recurring error using the much older version of IE (9 or 8).
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 pm

OK, I'm glad somebody is experiencing the same problem...

Any news from Development Team, it's now been 6 weeks since I reported this Issue, I cannot find any Issue Database on your Web-Site where I could follow the Issue...?

I've had to review all my Scripts to add many-many extra "ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=" Exceptions before all places where such an Error might occur and I still miss a few, which makes that when I discover a new one, I have to re-edit the Script and run it again...

The problem is that "!ERRORIGNORE" is euh... ignored!, and that even when the Script is Paused and you try to handle the Errors manually, the RuntimeError is leading...

(The behaviour of the 'Pause' Button has changed as well since the last Version, it used to toggle nicely in real time between 'Pause/Continue', now it toggles only after a full HTML Page has been loaded or the TimeOut Threshold has been reached, which is often quite confusing.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 am

Hi chivracq,

The issue with !ERRORIGNORE YES not suppressing error -1450 is that the error message would still be displayed in the sidebar, however, the macro would continue to execute after encountering this error using !ERRORIGNORE YES, which is the expected behavior.

The next version, 8.50, fixes this by not displaying the error message in the sidebar when using !ERRORIGNORE YES. This version is currently in QA testing and will be released to beta within the next couple of weeks.
chivracq wrote:(The behaviour of the 'Pause' Button has changed as well since the last Version, it used to toggle nicely in real time between 'Pause/Continue', now it toggles only after a full HTML Page has been loaded or the TimeOut Threshold has been reached, which is often quite confusing.)
We have confirmed this issue and continue to investigate.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Ah!, thanks Tom for the update, good news. I cannot wait for v8.50 then...! :D

In my opinion, no RuntimeErrors should occur at all when a Macro is paused and '!ERRORIGNORE YES' is meant for when the Macro is running unattended...

I'm willing to help with your QA/Alpha/Beta Testing of v8.50, if you need my help on that Issue as I know pretty well how to trigger it...!
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 am

We've released a beta version of iMacros for Firefox 8.5.1 that should resolve the !ERRORIGNORE issue.

A fix for the Pause button responsiveness is still underway and will likely appear in a subsequent release.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi Tom, thanks for the update and the Link to the latest iMacros FF v8.5.1 which I installed yesterday.

My results unfortunately are not very positive...:

The problem I reported in my original Post in this Thread, as quoted below:
chivracq wrote: I have a Macro running that I sometimes need to pause and manually take a few strategic decisions with Confirm Dialogs triggered by the Web-pages, before resuming the Macro execution.
... was that I was getting RuntimeErrors coming from "unhandled confirm dialogs" when a Macro was paused and I was interacting manually with the Web-Page for a few actions, before eventually resuming the Macro execution till the end.

What I can confirm with the latest v8.5.1 Patch is that if there are (unexpected or by faulty programming) unhandled confirm dialogs triggered during (automatic) Macro execution, iMacros skips (silently) these errors and jumps to the next instruction and keeps running (with of course "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES").
But all the actions I programmed in my Macros that could trigger a confirm dialog during unattended run of the Macro had of course confirm dialog handling, so I never had this problem...

Now in my case, if the Macro is paused and if I manually trigger a confirm dialog, the only difference with the latest v8.5.1 Patch is that the RuntimeError in the iMacros console is not displayed anymore, but the confirm dialog is silently caught by iMacros and not displayed either, which makes that I click on the button that triggers the confirm dialog (which is not displayed) and nothing happens. Which is even worse than previously with v8.3.0, because I click on a button and nothing happens with no explanation, and I still need all the extra "ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=" a bit everywhere in my Macros in case I need to pause them at some point...

I expect that when a Macro is paused, I can handle manually all the interaction with the Web-Page and that potential confirm dialogs will not be silently intercepted by iMacros (and not even displayed in the Browser), just like it was working (fine) until v8.2.4, I think.

Related somewhat to the same problem of this current Thread, there was a Bug in v8.3.0 with the EVENT-Mode when a "EVENT TYPE=MOUSExxx SELECTOR="ID_xx1"" was not found, by jumping to the next instruction and hanging the Macro with no Error at all but with no possibility to resume its execution, now with the latest v8.5.1 Patch, all "EVENT TYPE=MOUSExxx" instructions are skipped together (instead of just only 1) and the Macro hangs at the next instruction.
The final result is still the same, the Macro still hangs if the SELECTOR-Object is not found (with "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES", of course!), but the behaviour is a bit different between v8.3.0 and v8.5.1, so maybe it's worth mentioning it...
(I haven't reported it yet, as I wanted to report all my EVENT-Mode feedback in one apart Thread...)

Mini extra feedback about v8.5.1:
1- I'm not very fond of the new extra Favicon above the blue focus Object found rectangle which is only hiding content behind from the Web-Page. The blue focus rectangle and "Scroll to Object found" were doing a good job already... (And Object found doesn't work btw with SELECTOR objects in EVENT-Mode...)
Add an option in the 'Visual effects' section in the General Options to display it or not otherwise..., like that you make everybody happy...!
Talking about Favicons, I miss that very same Favicon on all Pages of the iMacros Forum and on the iMacros Wiki Pages as well which do not have any Favicon...).

2- v8.5.1 breaks something new which is quite annoying: Until v8.3.0, when loading a new Web-Page, iMacros would jump to the next instruction in the Macro when the Page had been fully loaded (logical!), the Timeout Threshold (global options or set in the Macro) had been reached or when the Page was still loading but the user clicked manually on the "Stop loading this page/Reload current page" Button in Firefox. The last method is now broken, iMacros hangs at the next instruction, pause + resume doesn't do anything, the only way to get the Macro to run further is to reload the Page completely... and wait sometimes a long time... Grrr!
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi chivracq,
chivracq wrote:I expect that when a Macro is paused, I can handle manually all the interaction with the Web-Page and that potential confirm dialogs will not be silently intercepted by iMacros (and not even displayed in the Browser), just like it was working (fine) until v8.2.4, I think.
This is a scenario that was not considered when working on the last release. I have documented this as a new issue to be investigated and considered for the next release.
chivracq wrote:Related somewhat to the same problem of this current Thread, there was a Bug in v8.3.0 with the EVENT-Mode when a "EVENT TYPE=MOUSExxx SELECTOR="ID_xx1"" was not found, by jumping to the next instruction and hanging the Macro with no Error at all but with no possibility to resume its execution, now with the latest v8.5.1 Patch, all "EVENT TYPE=MOUSExxx" instructions are skipped together (instead of just only 1) and the Macro hangs at the next instruction.
Can you provide us with a macro that demonstrates this problem?
chivracq wrote:1- I'm not very fond of the new extra Favicon above the blue focus Object found rectangle which is only hiding content behind from the Web-Page.
Thanks for the feedback! This new floating icon was introduced to solve another very common problem, especially for new users. What would happen is users would record on a page after previously playing a macro and all the blue frames would still be visible. Depending on the recording mode used, iMacros would record the style attributes for elements containing the blue frames. On playback, this would cause the macro to fail because the frames are no longer there after a page refresh. With the new method, there are no lingering iMacros "artifacts" on the page after playing the macro.

I'm not sure whether we will add an option to revert to the old behavior anytime soon, but I have logged your comments for further review.
chivracq wrote:2- v8.5.1 breaks something new which is quite annoying: Until v8.3.0, when loading a new Web-Page, iMacros would jump to the next instruction in the Macro when the Page had been fully loaded (logical!), the Timeout Threshold (global options or set in the Macro) had been reached or when the Page was still loading but the user clicked manually on the "Stop loading this page/Reload current page" Button in Firefox. The last method is now broken, iMacros hangs at the next instruction, pause + resume doesn't do anything, the only way to get the Macro to run further is to reload the Page completely... and wait sometimes a long time... Grrr!
Thank you for reporting this to us! I have also logged this issue for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 am

Hi Tom, no need to thank me 20 times, I love your product...

OK, for the Repro-Demo you asked me, actually the pb is about a non-existing SELECTOR-Object, so just add the following Code below to any of your Demos anywhere in your Code..., won't be found of course by Replay, and you will experience the pb...
(My mini-sample Code below is about a Slider which is not always present on the Page...)

(The "Anysite" is behing Login and Password, I can provide you access with a Test-Account if necessary, but I think the pb is generic...)
And of course with "SET !ERRORIGNORE YES"...

Code: Select all

'*****************
'URL GOTO=http://anysite...xxx
EVENT TYPE=MOUSEDOWN SELECTOR="#brThumb" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=MOUSEMOVE SELECTOR="#brThumb" POINTS="(392,874),(393,873),(395,873),(396,873),(402,873),(411,873),(421,873),(422,873),(423,873),(425,873),(426,873),(436,873),(437,873),(438,873),(448,873),(449,873),(451,873),(453,873),(454,873),(462,873),(463,873),(464,873),(466,873),(468,873),(469,873),(474,873),(475,873),(476,873),(478,873),(479,873),(487,873),(488,873),(489,873),(490,873),(491,873),(492,873),(494,873),(496,873),(497,873),(499,873),(500,873),(501,873),(502,873),(509,873),(510,873),(521,873),(524,873),(525,873),(533,874),(534,874),(535,874),(536,874),(539,874)"
EVENTS TYPE=MOUSEMOVE SELECTOR="#add_cit>SPAN" POINTS="(547,874),(551,874),(554,874),(557,874),(559,874)"
EVENT TYPE=MOUSEUP POINT="(559,874)"
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:brThumb
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:GiveTomSomeGoodspanking...!(Oups..., not found...!?)
WAIT SECONDS=3
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 am

For the "new floating icon", the "sexy iMacros Favicon", how I call it...!, honestly, consider putting an Option in the Visual Effects, with ON by Defaut for the Bug/Pb you mentioned, never had a pb myself, but for Pages with +200 Clickable Items on a Page, I do notice a 30% slowdown because of the "sexy" Favicon...

(And I use iMacros for 400-1000 Clicks per Page, so I really notice a difference in Performance, was already a bit screwed since v.8.3.0, "SET !TIMEOUT 1" Action-Action... "SET !TIMEOUT 60" doesn't act the same way anymore...(Much slower...))
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi chivracq,

You can disable the floating icon by unchecking "Highlight object when found" in the iMacros Options. Even the simpler blue frames would negatively affect performance to an extent, which is why if you really want to optimize for speed, you should uncheck this option as well as the "Scroll to object when found" option.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hi chivracq,

You can disable the floating icon by unchecking "Highlight object when found" in the iMacros Options. Even the simpler blue frames would negatively affect performance to an extent, which is why if you really want to optimize for speed, you should uncheck this option as well as the "Scroll to object when found" option.
Yes, I know Tom about those 2 Options, but I quite like them actually and especially on very long Pages, with hundreds of items to click, seeing the Focus to move on is a quick way of checking with 1 lazy eye that the Page was fully loaded and that the Macro reached the end of the Page... And this tiny loss of Performance doesn't weigh against the risk to find out afterwards that the Page was not fully processed...
I was just happy already with the way it was before this Favicon came as well, but I'll go with the democratic flow if it serves a bigger ideal... :)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi chivracq,

Once this latest version hits production and we get more feedback on the floating icon, we'll make a determination on what to do with it. Thanks again for all your input!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hi chivracq,

Once this latest version hits production and we get more feedback on the floating icon, we'll make a determination on what to do with it. Thanks again for all your input!
Yes-yes, that's what I understood and meant..., and that's why I suggested/hoped you would add an Option in Visual Effects to switch it on or off to please everybody...

But I discovered a somewhat annoying drawback related to it:
A Checkbox ticked by Script is then locked as long as some next Instruction on the same Page hasn't taken the Focus onto some other Element on the same Page somewhere else and it's impossible to untick it manually (during Macro Execution or if the Macro has been paused).
If the Checkbox was the last Instruction before clicking a CommandButton, the only Solution to uncheck it manually is to stop the Macro...

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ACTION:/do_action_xxx.php ATTR=ID:xxx_643646 CONTENT=YES

I can solve it by adding an extra Instruction in all my Macros to take the Focus to some useless Element/Object on the same Page with a WAIT, but that will require a lot of Code Review...

And already mentioned, for an Text Input Field with the CommandButton located just below it, the Content of the Field is largely obfuscated by the Favicon...

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:do_action_xxx.php ATTR=NAME:FullName CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT: