Imacros not working

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
alinn

Imacros not working

Post by alinn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am

I only see the favorite folder I cant record the paths to the macros datasource and Downloads are good I unnistaled 10 times by now
this add-on is just stupid it worked before and now what the fuck its wrong
Shital, Tech Support

Re: Imacros not working

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 am

Hello Alinn,

This looks like some exceptional case where iMacros is just not working. We would like to help you solve your problem. Can you please tell us :

-iMacros Version number
-OS
-Some details of what exactly happens when you install the add-on
-Can you see and work with the Demo-Firefox macros
-What happens when you try to record

This will help us understand where the problem is.

Regards,
iOpus Support
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:42 pm

I too am suddenly having this problem. I am not doing anything fancy, simply recording a fill-in the form and submit recording and playback. The playbacks were working flawlessly, then I upgraded/updated Firfefox and addons.. (dont remember what upgrade numbers) - imacro add on didnt work with FF upgrade, so I did an uninstall and reinstall.. playback wasnt working... SOOOOO I did a computer RESTORE to the day before the errors started. Now Some playback, others fill but will not submit.

What I found strange was if I copied and pasted the recorded code, that wouldnt submit, and paste it into the " current.iim" or another new .iim, it played back and submitted just fine! My theory was possibly my scripts were too many lines, so I tried breaking them up into 500 lines or smaller... Im still getting SOME will replay, fill in the blanks and submit just fine while others will replay, fill in the blanks but will not submit!

I am at a loss. Here is an example of just one of the codes that wont submit:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8240212 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT 120

URL GOTO=http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Win-Francis-Ford-Coppolas-Twixt-on-Blu-ray/12787
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:firstname CONTENT=(CENSORED)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:lastname CONTENT=(CENSORED)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:email CONTENT=(CENSORED)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:submit&&VALUE:Click<SP>Here<SP>to<SP>Enter
WAIT SECONDS=10
SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER=* FILE=*
Of course I have (CENSORED) my private information. But it was simply my first name, last name and email address.

The REALLY weird thing. What DIDNT submit yesterday SOME DID submit today. ???????? Yet I changed nothing!

I now am using
imacro version: 8.2.4
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
Firefox 22.00
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm

wviswildandwonderful wrote:I too am suddenly having this problem. I am not doing anything fancy, simply recording a fill-in the form and submit recording and playback. The playbacks were working flawlessly, then I upgraded/updated Firfefox and addons.. (dont remember what upgrade numbers) - imacro add on didnt work with FF upgrade, so I did an uninstall and reinstall.. playback wasnt working... SOOOOO I did a computer RESTORE to the day before the errors started. Now Some playback, others fill but will not submit.

What I found strange was if I copied and pasted the recorded code, that wouldnt submit, and paste it into the " current.iim" or another new .iim, it played back and submitted just fine! My theory was possibly my scripts were too many lines, so I tried breaking them up into 500 lines or smaller... Im still getting SOME will replay, fill in the blanks and submit just fine while others will replay, fill in the blanks but will not submit!

I am at a loss. Here is an example of just one of the codes that wont submit:

VERSION BUILD=8240212 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT 120

URL GOTO=http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Win-Francis-Ford-Coppolas-Twixt-on-Blu-ray/12787
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:firstname CONTENT=(CENSORED)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:lastname CONTENT=(CENSORED)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:email CONTENT=(CENSORED)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/sweepstakes/entry ATTR=NAME:submit&&VALUE:Click<SP>Here<SP>to<SP>Enter
WAIT SECONDS=10
SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER=* FILE=*
Of course I have (CENSORED) my private information. But it was simply my first name, last name and email address.

The REALLY weird thing. What DIDNT submit yesterday SOME DID submit today. ???????? Yet I changed nothing!

I now am using
imacro version: 8.2.4
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
Firefox 22.00
You should upgrade your iMacros installation to the current 8.3.0

That should solve your problem
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 am

Firefox 23.0.1
Imacros plugin 8.3.0
Windows 7

Still getting the same problem! Very frustrating. Some will fill one day and not the next. Copy and paste the code into an iim file all by itself and each (previously failed replay) will play fine. I shortened my file sizes to below 500 lines each with a 5 and in some cases 10 seconds wait period in between each new site... still the same thing!

Ive even went as far as to uninstall Firefox an Imacros, ran CC Cleaner and then reinstalled... still same problem!
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Yesterday 208 out of 347 did NOT "fill and submit" . I also have robo form set up to auto fill so in most cases it filled, but then failed to submit.... the url goto= command worked though. I know this because i set it up to take a screenshot 20 seconds after each submit (allowing for final page to load to get a correct picture) with a wait of 5 seconds in between each case.

I have tried re-recording using the various methods available. Still some will be fine while others are not, yet there is no discernible pattern or reason! I even tried re-recording in the same option as originally (to see if something on the page had changed) and the script is IDENTICAL in this recording as it was originally.

What plays fine today, may not play tomorrow. YET - if I copy and paste it to replay all by itself 6 out of 10 will play just fine! Grrrrr
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Further observation:

I watched it a it played through some of the ones that had not submitted correctly. Heres what its doing:

---Follows the URL GOTO= command. Page fully loads
---THEN imacros in firefox completely skips over and entire block of TAG commands

---THEN follows and carries out the TAKE SCREEN SHOT command.

---THEN moves onto the next URL GOTO....

URL GOTO={somewhere on the internet}
FRAME F=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-69989 CONTENT={personal info}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-69990 CONTENT={personal info}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-69991 CONTENT={personal info}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-69992-month CONTENT={personal info}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-69992-day CONTENT={personal info}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-69992-year CONTENT={personal info}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ACTION:/enter ATTR=ID:edit-agree CONTENT=YES
WAIT SECONDS=10
SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER=* FILE={personal info}
WAIT SECONDS=3

The others are being skipped over without so much as even a pause or halt, as if they were not even there.

LIKE so:

URL GOTO={somewhere on the internet}
SAVEAS TYPE=PNG FOLDER=* FILE={personal info}
WAIT SECONDS=3
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:29 am

????? No one?

Sept 1 update:

Last night 14 WORKED, while 168 Failed to work properly! Im going back to 8.2.4 to see if that helps... will post my findings.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:45 am

I've seen this behaviour as well, from time to time, quite randomly... and with all versions, so I don't think that reverting to previous v8.2.4 will help you... Add some logging and reporting to your Macros to check for good execution and rerun (like I do...) if anything went wrong...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:19 pm

chivracq wrote:I've seen this behaviour as well, from time to time, quite randomly... and with all versions, so I don't think that reverting to previous v8.2.4 will help you... Add some logging and reporting to your Macros to check for good execution and rerun (like I do...) if anything went wrong...
logging how? Do you mean the Profiler option?

I thought if I re recorded EVERYTHING it might help... nope.. its getting to the point I spend more time going back over what didnt run correctly. It would be LESS time consuming to just do it myself to start with, boring and repetitious but less time consuming.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes, logging with the Profiler, quite powerful tool (though last lime I used it must be some 2 years ago...), but proper function/macro execution reporting is I think more efficient... and quicker to analyse...
But for me, the random malfunctioning of a Macro happens maybe 1 out of 50 times, where all the steps seems to execute at "Timeout 1" tempo but nothing gets clicked on the webpage, when I notice it, I just stop the Macro, rerun it or maybe have to kill Firefox and start all over again... (I'm not even sure it's iMacro's fault...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...