Can I edit about:config with iMacros?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Daemon23

Can I edit about:config with iMacros?

Post by Daemon23 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm using iMacros for Firefox.

I'm trying to toggle print.always_print_silent from false to true in about:config.
Is this possible with iMacros for Firefox? I can't seem to figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
chivracq

Re: Can I edit about:config with iMacros?

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:56 am

Interesting question, I thought..., I give it a try, "about:config" is indeed just a TAB with content and interaction from the Firefox perspective, iMacros should be able to catch the interaction in REC-Mode, but it doesn't come any further than ... see below... in all REC-Modes...:

Code: Select all

ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=_New-Value_
URL GOTO=about:config
Search => "Print" is not caught by any REC-Mode...
EVENT-Mode doesn't record any Scrolling, nor does X/Y-REC-Mode...

Double-Click/Enter/Right-Click+Modify on the selected Setting are not recorded...

(And btw, I didn't have your "print.always_print_silent" Setting in my FF 'about:config' (FF v22), so I tried with some other Setting...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Daemon23

Post by Daemon23 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:36 pm

chivracq wrote:Interesting question, I thought..., I give it a try

Thanks for trying. print.always_print_silent is a setting I added as a work around because imacros for firefox can't handle the print pop up box. Set it to true and it skips the pop up. Only problem is it will always use the last printer settings and the computer is used by several people to print from different printers. Guess I'll just have to remember to change the settings when the macro is done. Just thought it would be nice to have it done for me :)
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 am

for what is worth, about:config doesn't work with Imacros because it is not a website. It doesnt have HTML code at all and due iMacros work with that, that's why
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
Daemon23

Post by Daemon23 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:12 pm

If anyone else cares, all I had to do was create a new firefox profile and set it to ignore print popup, add a desktop shortcut pointing to the profile and have iMacros close the browser when the macro is done. I really love iMacros!
wviswildandwonderful

Post by wviswildandwonderful » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:27 am

Daemon23 wrote:If anyone else cares, all I had to do was create a new firefox profile and set it to ignore print popup, add a desktop shortcut pointing to the profile and have iMacros close the browser when the macro is done. I really love iMacros!

I CARE!!! Can you toss me the instructions and code?