Imacros Script Is Closing Firefox

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dukestravels1972

Imacros Script Is Closing Firefox

Post by dukestravels1972 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi. My imacros script keeps closing down firefox. It doesnt crash firefox. It just looks like it shuts it down.
I have tried disabling everything in the imacros options to no avail. Here is the script code. Any ideas? Does there need to be a REFRESH tag in there at the end?

VERSION BUILD=7601015 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Follow
TAB T=2
FRAME F=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Follow<SP>All
TAB T=2
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
bobis

Re: Imacros Script Is Closing Firefox

Post by bobis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:29 pm

you forgot to open tab before switching to tab 2, the issue appear when you run tab close command with only one tab open, also you can install tab mix plus firefox add-on - there is option to prevent from closing firefox when closing last tab

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7601015 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Follow
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
FRAME F=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Follow<SP>All
TAB T=2
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
Get Best iMacros scripts at http://imacrosbot.com/
dukestravels1972

Post by dukestravels1972 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Thanks a lot for narrowing it down bobis. I actually had removed this tag because it opens a new tab with every loop and doesnt close them. I then have a collection of growing blank tabs when I run the script. Is there a tag I'm missing that closes these tabs I can add? Or maybe its a firefox setting for tabs/windows? Thanks

EDIT: Figured it out. For anyone else add TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
questions

Post by questions » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:50 am

the problem for me is that I run imacros for firefox in a second window so TAB T=1 is not really tab 1, how do you get around this? my scripts never recognize tab 1, but they find and close tab 2 just fine...

i'll have to play around with it...