Extend Imacros with new commands?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kjemmo

Post by kjemmo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:44 am

Hi.

I really appreciate Imacros and all the options it delivers out of the box.

Still there is a few things that I would like to add and I wonder if it is possible to extend Imacros?

Here is what I want to achieve:

I need to fill some complex forms and have developed a simple FF plugin that fill in the all the fields with data from a sqlite DB. Now I wonder if I can make my workflow even easier by adding automation from Imacros.

The problem is that I can not access my plugin with Imacros.

So I wonder if I can extend Imacros with a custom command like FILLFORM, either by javascript or Imacros sripting.

Or is there any other way that I can call my plugin from Imacros.

Thanks.
chivracq

Re: Extend Imacros with new commands?

Post by chivracq » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Very interesting question in my opinion, I'm very curious what the answer by TechSupport will be and I will give you my thoughts after that...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kjemmo

Post by kjemmo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Just bumping the thread in hope for a reply.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Like 'kjemmo', any chance for a Reply / some Feedback from TechSupport on this Thread...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 am

Bumping...!
siniy

Post by siniy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm not aware about extending commands. But we can access page DOM with javascript interface.
If you run this script on this page it will search word "javascript" on this forum. I think I saw somebody here using external libs like jQuery in his script.

Code: Select all

window.document.getElementById("search_keywords").value = "javascript";
iimPlay("CODE:WAIT SECONDS=3");
window.document.getElementsByClassName("button2")[0].click()
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 pm

OK, pity TechSupport never reacted on this Thread, I will give my thoughts:

Next to Siniy's Method and using External Libraries like jQuery (which doesn't seem to work smoothly OOTB with iMacros, see a few Threads on the Forum...) my idea for kjemmo was that, if you are at the technical knowledge of writing your own Plugin for Firefox, why, if calling it from iMacros is problematic, don't you (try to) include it natively into iMacros to create your own customized iMacros Add-on...?

(Don't expect Support from TechSupport of course if anything goes wrong!, but in my experience it's usually very clear when something went wrong as the Add-on becomes straight away unusable if you make the slightest mistake and you have to reinstall iMacros from scratch.)

I use this Technique myself to customize the GUI a bit in a fun way or sometimes to revert to a previous Functionality when new Changes are introduced in a new Version that I don't like and I was thinking of implementing myself some Enhancement Request I have filled about !LOOP_MAX if it takes too long from Development to implement it...
And of course, at each new Version of iMacros, you need to reapply your Customizations...

The Method I use consists to unzip (I use 7-Zip but any "good" Zipper will do the job...) the .XPI File of the Add-on, then unzip again the 'imacros.jar' (located in the 'chrome' Directory), make the Changes I want to make using 'EDIT' from within 7-Zip, apply the Changes from within 7-Zip in order to rejar 'imacros.jar' (can be done manually but it's much easier from within 7-Zip) rezip the whole Root Directory with .XPI Extension and install my own customized iMacros to Firefox.

If locating the "raw" .XPI File before it gets installed more or less automatically by and to Firefox is problematic, you'll find the 'imacros.jar' File in the 'extensions' Folder in your Firefox Profile where you can modify it on the fly in the way I described above (and Firefox needs to be completely closed...).

jQuery Threads:
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18247
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20410
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Well-well-well...! November 2015, 2 years exactly after this Current Thread was started, it's time to bump it a bit as we've had and are still having some interest about the Subject with 2 other interested Users ('sightunseen' and 'rethinkreality') in 2 different Threads:
- Unresponsive script warning while executing iim from js file
- iim/js replay bug OR missing syntax?

In the next 2 (reserved) Posts, I will quote the relevant parts from those 2 Threads...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Reserved 1

1st Thread with relevant Info:
- Unresponsive script warning while executing iim from js file ('sightunseen', Feb 2014)
sightunseen wrote:

Hi I am using iMacros 8.6.0 in Firefox 24.

Could the developers consider setting dom.max_script_run_time to 0 maybe only when an iMacros js script is executing, and then revert it back to its original setting afterwards? or maybe could the warning be continually handled (press continue each time) when iimPlay() is called? The ONDIALOG solution in the other thread sounds great (to click continue every time) but it doesn't sound to be always reliable.

I've looked at the iMacros source but it's stripped of whitespace and newlines. Conceivably I could edit the iimPlay function myself to set the dom.max_script_run_time to 0 only when running an iim file. I just need a source file I can read and to know where the iimPlay function is so I can add some code.
chivracq wrote:Hum...!, I'm starting to like you!

And for the last part of your previous msg, see this Thread for the Technique I use myself to modify the iMacros Source Code and customize the Add-on. Welcome to the Club!! I may feel less lonely...!

sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:Other idea would be to set those 2 Settings programmaticly at the Beginning and the End of your Macro, but that's supposed to be impossible (or at least we didn't find a way and TechSupport didn't jump into the Thread...), see this Thread:
Can I edit about:config with iMacros?
Thanks I've reviewed that. Short of writing an extension to communicate with iMacros or hacking iMacros' extension I don't have any good ideas unfortunately. BTW I used to have external programs communicate with iMacros by setting the clipboard and then I'd have the external program loop GetClipboardSequenceNumber() and if change then GetClipboardData() to see if it contained my special string. Not that it's relevant for here.

chivracq wrote:And for the last part of your previous msg, see this Thread for the Technique I use myself to modify the iMacros Source Code and customize the Add-on. Welcome to the Club!! I may feel less lonely...!
Thanks. I've also done the same thing. I unzipped the jar file. I'm pretty sure you can leave them unzipped and do away with the jar. I have a js-beautifier that I could run on the javascript but it seems like a lot of work to go in and find out what's going on so I was hoping for an easy fix.

chivracq wrote:OK, Reply took a while, as I wanted to give you some structured Answer and I needed to find some older Threads for Reference...
sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:Other idea would be to set those 2 Settings programmaticly at the Beginning and the End of your Macro, but that's supposed to be impossible (or at least we didn't find a way and TechSupport didn't jump into the Thread...), see this Thread:
Can I edit about:config with iMacros?
Thanks I've reviewed that. Short of writing an extension to communicate with iMacros or hacking iMacros' extension I don't have any good ideas unfortunately. BTW I used to have external programs communicate with iMacros by setting the clipboard and then I'd have the external program loop GetClipboardSequenceNumber() and if change then GetClipboardData() to see if it contained my special string. Not that it's relevant for here.
OK, interesting Technique, and you actually gave me some interesting Idea, to palliate in a way to some imo shortcoming of iMacros (Variables Scope) and I will need to test it, but I'm nearly sure it will work...
sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:And for the last part of your previous msg, see this Thread for the Technique I use myself to modify the iMacros Source Code and customize the Add-on. Welcome to the Club!! I may feel less lonely...!
Thanks. I've also done the same thing. I unzipped the jar file. I'm pretty sure you can leave them unzipped and do away with the jar. I have a js-beautifier that I could run on the javascript but it seems like a lot of work to go in and find out what's going on so I was hoping for an easy fix.
OK, "js-beautifier" sounds interesting, the inner Code of the Add-on is indeed not very fun and easy to read, you need to get drunk or very motivated before you want to dig in it...!
I use File-Diff to check the Changes between Versions (and revert some I don't like...) and simple Text Search at the Root of the Add-on to locate the Functions I'm looking for and I slowly begin to know where most Functionalities are located...
sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:OK, "js-beautifier" sounds interesting, the inner Code of the Add-on is indeed not very fun and easy to read, you need to get drunk or very motivated before you want to dig in it...!
FYI I tried to use js beautifier and it spit out all kinds of errors trying to beautify the javascript files. If any dev is reading this it would be great if we could get them unpacked, or at least more information on the packer you guys are using.
chivracq wrote:
sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:OK, "js-beautifier" sounds interesting, the inner Code of the Add-on is indeed not very fun and easy to read, you need to get drunk or very motivated before you want to dig in it...!
FYI I tried to use js beautifier and it spit out all kinds of errors trying to beautify the javascript files. If any dev is reading this it would be great if we could get them unpacked, or at least more information on the packer you guys are using.
Maybe none!! LOL...!!

OK, I was up to going to give it a try using Sublime Text and/or Notepad++ with some jsBeautifuler Plugin following the Tips here, but it works straight away using the online jsBeautifuler at http://jsbeautifier.org/

Example on ControlPanel.js (still from v8.60 (for FF), I haven't unpacked v8.8.1 yet...):

//*/
/*
(c) Copyright 2008 iOpus Software GmbH - http://www.iopus.com
*/
iMacros.panel = (function () {
    var scope = {};
    Components.utils.import("resource://imacros/utils.js", scope);
    var __loginf = scope.__loginf;
    var imns = scope.imns;

function iMacrosControlPanel() {
        this._statLine1 = "";
        this._statLine2 = "";
        this._statLine3 = "";
        this._statLine1Status = "";
        this._statLine2Status = "";
        this._statLine3Status = "";
        this._errorMessage = "";
        this._infoMessage = "";
        this._mboxType = "message";
        this._mboxStatus = "closed";
        this._currentLoop = 1;
        this._currentLine = 0;
        this.sidebar = null;
        this.registerObservers();
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.registerObservers = function () {
        imns.osvc.addObserver(this, "imacros-sidebar-loaded", false);
        imns.osvc.addObserver(this, "imacros-sidebar-closed", false);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.unregisterObservers = function () {
        imns.osvc.removeObserver(this, "imacros-sidebar-loaded", false);
        imns.osvc.removeObserver(this, "imacros-sidebar-closed", false);
    };
    window.addEventListener("unload", function () {
        iMacros.panel.unregisterObservers();
    }, false);
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.observe = function (subject, topic, data) {
        if (topic == "imacros-sidebar-loaded") {
            var t = document.getElementById("sidebar").contentWindow;
            var sidebar_url = "chrome://imacros/content/iMacrosSidebar.xul";
            if (t.location.href != sidebar_url) return;
            if (t == subject) {
                if (this.panelIsOpen) this.closePanel();
                this.sidebar = subject;
                this.sidebar.mainwindow = window;
                if (this.treeViewState) {
                    var mtree = this.sidebar.getMTreeObject();
                    mtree.applyState(this.treeViewState);
                }
                if (this.sidebarIsOpening) this.sidebarIsOpening = false;
                if (this.sidebarLoadedCallback) {
                    this.sidebarLoadedCallback();
                    this.sidebarLoadedCallback = null;
                }
            }
        } else if (topic == "imacros-sidebar-closed") {
            if (subject != window) return;
            this.treeViewState = JSON.parse(data);
            this.sidebar = null;
        }
        this.updateControlPanel();
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.ensureSidebarIsOpen = function (callback) {
        var broadcaster = document.getElementById("imacros_ControlPanel");
        var checked = broadcaster.getAttribute("checked") == "true";
        if (this.sidebarIsOpen) {
            setTimeout(callback, 0);
        } else if (!this.sidebarIsOpening) {
            this.sidebarLoadedCallback = callback;
            if (!checked) {
                imns.Pref.setBoolPref("close-sidebar", true);
                this.sidebarIsOpening = true;
                toggleSidebar("imacros_ControlPanel");
                setTimeout(function () {
                    if (!iMacros.panel.sidebarIsOpen) iMacros.panel.ensureSidebarIsOpen(callback);
                }, 200);
            }
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.closeSidebar = function () {
        if (!this.sidebar) return;
        toggleSidebar("imacros_ControlPanel");
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineGetter__("sidebarIsOpen", function () {
        return !!this.sidebar;
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.showPanel = function () {
        if (!this.panelIsOpen) this.panel.openPopup(document.getElementById('imacros-toggle-button'), "after_end", 0, 0, false, false, null);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineGetter__("panelIsOpen", function () {
        return (this.panel.state == "open" || this.panel.state == "showing");
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineGetter__("list", function () {
            var doc = this.sidebar.document;
            var list = doc.getElementById('listbox');
            return list;
        }
        return null;
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.showLines = function (code) {
        try {
            if (!this.sidebarIsOpen) return;
            this.clearAllLines();
            if (code) {
                var lines = code.split("\n");
                for (var i = 0; i < lines.length; i++) {
                    this.list.appendItem(imns.str.trim(lines[i]));
                }
            }
            var deck = doc.getElementById("tree-box-deck");
            deck.selectedIndex = 1;
            var edit = doc.getElementById('editname');
            var rename = doc.getElementById('im-rename-button');
            edit.collapsed = true;
            rename.collapsed = true;
            this.list.scrollToIndex(0);
        } catch (e) {
            Components.utils.reportError(e);
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.addLine = function (line) {
        try {
            if (iMacros.recording) {
                this.statLine3 = this._statLine3.replace(/(\s+\(\d+\))?$/, " (" + iMacros.recorder.actions.length + ")");
            }
            this.list.appendItem(line);
            var count = this.list.getRowCount();
            this.list.ensureIndexIsVisible(count - 1);
        } catch (e) {
            Components.utils.reportError(e);
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.removeLastLine = function () {
        if (iMacros.recording) {
            this.statLine3 = this._statLine3.replace(/(\s+\(\d+\))?$/, " (" + iMacros.recorder.actions.length + ")");
        }
        this.list.removeItemAt(this.list.getRowCount() - 1);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.highlightLine = function (line) {
        this._currentLine = line;
            this.statLine1 = imns.strings('imacrosreplaystep') + (line);
            this.list.ensureIndexIsVisible(line - 1);
            this.list.selectedIndex = line - 1;
        } else if (this.panelIsOpen) {
            this.statLine3 = this._statLine3.replace(/(\s+\(\d+\))?$/, " (" + line + ")");
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.clearAllLines = function () {
        while (this.list.getRowCount()) this.list.removeChild(this.list.firstChild);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("statLine1", function (str) {
        this._statLine1 = str;
            var stat = doc.getElementById('replaystat');
            stat.value = str;
        } else {
            var stat = document.getElementById("imacros-info-panel-status2");
            if (/^Waiting:\s+\d+/.test(str)) {
                stat.setAttribute("state", "waiting");
                stat.value = str;
            } else {
                stat.removeAttribute("state");
                stat.value = "";
            }
        }
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("statLine1Status", function (val) {
        this._statLine1Status = val;
            var stat = doc.getElementById('replaystat');
        } else {
        } if (/playing|recording/.test(val.toString())) {
            stat.setAttribute("status", val);
        } else {
            stat.value = "";
            stat.removeAttribute("status");
        }
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("statLine2", function (str) {
        this._statLine2 = str;
            var stat = doc.getElementById('delaystat');
        } else {
        }
        stat.value = str;
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("statLine2Status", function (val) {
        this._statLine2Status = val;
            var stat = doc.getElementById('delaystat');
        } else {
            var stat = document.getElementById("imacros-info-panel-status2")
        } if ("loading" == val.toString()) {
            stat.setAttribute("state", "loading");
        } else {
            stat.value = "";
            stat.removeAttribute("state");
        }
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("statLine3", function (str) {
        this._statLine3 = str;
        if (!this.sidebarIsOpen) {
            var stat = document.getElementById("imacros-info-panel-status3");
            stat.value = str;
        }
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("statLine3Status", function (val) {
        this._statLine3Status = val;
        if (this.sidebarIsOpen) return;
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineGetter__("panel", function () {
        return document.getElementById('imacros-info-panel');
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.closePanel = function () {
        if (this.panelIsOpen) this.panel.hidePopup();
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.onPanelClick = function () {
        if (this.panelIsOpen) this.panel.hidePopup();
        if (!this.sidebarIsOpen) toggleSidebar("imacros_ControlPanel");
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.showMacroTree = function () {
        this.statLine1Status = "idle";
        this.statLine2Status = "idle";
        this.statLine3Status = "idle";
        if (this.panelIsOpen) {
            if (this._mboxStatus != "open") {
                var self = this;
                this.closePanelTimeout = setTimeout(function () {
                    self.closePanelTimeout = null;
                    self.closePanel();
                }, 2000);
            }
        }
            deck.selectedIndex = 0;
            if (imns.Pref.getBoolPref("close-sidebar")) {
                imns.Pref.setBoolPref("close-sidebar", false);
                this.closeSidebar();
            }
        }
        this.updateControlPanel();
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineGetter__("selectedItem", function () {
        if (!this.sidebarIsOpen) return null;
        var mtree = this.sidebar.getMTreeObject();
        return mtree.getSelectedItem();
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.updateMacroTree = function () {
            this.sidebar.initMTree();
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.updateControlPanel = function () {
            this.updateSidebarState();
        } else {
            var __x = function (btns, state) {
                if (typeof btns == "string") btns = [btns];
                for (let n = 0; n < btns.length; n++) {
                    let btn = document.getElementById("imacros-info-panel-" + btns[n] + "-button");
                    btn.collapsed = state;
                }
            };
            var on = function (btns) {
                __x(btns, null);
            };
            var off = function (btns) {
                __x(btns, true);
            };
            if (iMacros.playing || iMacros.jsplaying || iMacros.recording || iMacros.paused == "playing" || iMacros.paused == "jsplaying" || iMacros.paused == "recording") {
                if (!this.panelIsOpen) {
                    this.showPanel();
                } else if (this.closePanelTimeout) {
                    clearTimeout(this.closePanelTimeout);
                    this.closePanelTimeout = null;
                }
            } else {
                this.statLine3 = this._statLine3.replace(/(?:\s+\(\d+\))$/, "");
                on(["play", "record"]);
                off(["pause", "stop"]);
                return;
            }
            let pause_btn = document.getElementById("imacros-info-panel-pause-button");
            if (iMacros.paused == "playing" || iMacros.paused == "jsplaying") {
                on(['pause', 'stop']);
                off(['play', 'record']);
                pause_btn.setAttribute("icon", "play");
                pause_btn.setAttribute("label", "Continue");
            } else if (iMacros.paused == "recording") {
                on(['stop', 'pause']);
                off(['play', 'record']);
                pause_btn.setAttribute("icon", "record");
                pause_btn.setAttribute("label", "Continue");
            } else if (iMacros.playing || iMacros.jsplaying) {
                this.statLine3 = this._statLine3.replace(/(\s+\(\d+\))?$/, " (" + this._currentLine + ")");
                on(['pause', 'stop']);
                off(['play', 'record']);
                pause_btn.setAttribute("icon", "pause");
                pause_btn.setAttribute("label", "Pause");
            } else if (iMacros.recording) {
                on(['stop', 'pause']);
                off(['play', 'record']);
                pause_btn.setAttribute("icon", "pause");
                pause_btn.setAttribute("label", "Pause");
            }
        }
        this.statLine1 = this._statLine1;
        this.statLine1Status = this._statLine1Status;
        this.statLine2 = this._statLine2;
        this.statLine2Status = this._statLine2Status;
        this.statLine3 = this._statLine3;
        this.statLine2Status = this._statLine3Status;
        if (this._mboxStatus == "open") {
            if (this._mboxType == "error") this.showErrorMessage(this._errorMessage);
            else if (this._mboxType == "message") this.showInfoMessage(this._infoMessage);
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.updateSidebarState = function () {
        var makeObject = function (constructor) {
            var obj = new Object();
            for (var x = 1; x < arguments.length; x++) obj[arguments[x]] = constructor(arguments[x]);
            return obj;
        };
        var butts = makeObject(function (name) {
            return doc.getElementById("im-" + name + "-button");
        }, "play", "pause", "stopplay", "playloop", "record", "save", "stoprecord", "waitreplay", "edit", "share");
        var tabs = makeObject(function (name) {
            return doc.getElementById("im-" + name + "-tab");
        }, "play", "record", "edit");
        var off = function (obj) {
            for (var x = 1; x < arguments.length; x++) obj[arguments[x]].disabled = true;
        };
        var on = function (obj) {
            for (var x = 1; x < arguments.length; x++) obj[arguments[x]].disabled = null;
        };
        var tabbox = doc.getElementById("im-tabbox");
        if (iMacros.playing || iMacros.jsplaying || iMacros.paused == "playing" || iMacros.paused == "jsplaying") {
            off(butts, "play", "playloop");
            on(butts, "pause", "stopplay");
            off(tabs, "record", "edit");
            tabbox.selectedIndex = 0;
            butts["pause"].label = iMacros.paused ? imns.strings('imacrospausestate2') : imns.strings('imacrospausestate1');
            if (deck.selectedIndex != 1) {
                if (iMacros.playing) this.showLines(iMacros.player.source);
                else if (iMacros.jsplaying) this.showLines(iMacros.jssrc);
                this.highlightLine(this.currentLine);
            }
        } else if (iMacros.recording || iMacros.paused == "recording") {
            off(butts, "record", "save");
            on(butts, "stoprecord", "waitreplay");
            off(tabs, "play", "edit");
            tabbox.selectedIndex = 1;
            if (deck.selectedIndex != 1) {
                this.showLines(iMacros.recorder.getRecordedMacro());
            }
        } else {
            on(tabs, "play", "record", "edit");
            var item = this.selectedItem;
            if (item && !item.isContainer) {
                on(butts, "play", "playloop", "save", "edit", "share");
            } else {
                off(butts, "play", "playloop", "save", "edit", "share");
            }
            on(butts, "record");
            off(butts, "pause", "stopplay", "stoprecord", "waitreplay");
            deck.selectedIndex = 0;
        }
        var rec_mode = imns.Pref.getCharPref("record-mode");
        var elem = doc.getElementById("im-record-label");
        if (elem) {
            if (rec_mode == "auto") elem.value = "Auto";
            else if (rec_mode == "conventional") elem.value = "HTM";
            else if (rec_mode == "events") elem.value = "Event";
            else {
                elem.value = "Auto";
                imns.Pref.setCharPref("record-mode", "auto");
            }
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.mboxClose = function () {
        this.mboxClearMessage();
        if (this.panelIsOpen) {
            this.closePanel();
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.mboxHelp = function () {
        if (this.mboxErrorNumber == 31415) iMacros.addTab("http://www.iopus.com/imacros/home/fx/rd.asp?helpid=macrotoolong");
        else iMacros.addTab("http://www.iopus.com/imacros/home/fx/e.asp?browser=fx&error=" + this.mboxErrorNumber);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.mboxEdit = function () {
        var macro = iMacros.currentMacro;
        if (!macro.path) {
            var t = imns.Cc["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"].getService(imns.Ci.nsIProperties).get("TmpD", imns.Ci.nsILocalFile);
            t.append("iMacros_tmpfile.iim");
            imns.FIO.writeTextFile(t, iMacros.player.source);
            macro.path = t.path;
        }
        iMacros.edit(macro, this.mboxErrorLine);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.mboxResetError = function () {
        if (this._mboxType != "error") return;
        this.mboxClearMessage();
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.mboxClearMessage = function () {
            var box = doc.getElementById("imacros-message-box");
            var deck = doc.getElementById("logo-message-deck");
            if (deck.selectedIndex == 0) {
                deck.selectedIndex = 1;
            }
        } else if (this.panelIsOpen) {
            document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-container").collapsed = true;
        }
        this._mboxStatus = "closed";
        this._errorMessage = "";
        this._infoMessage = "";
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.showInfoMessage = function (msg) {
        this._infoMessage = msg;
        this._mboxStatus = "open";
            deck.selectedIndex = 0;
            var msgbox = doc.getElementById("imacros-message-box");
            var help_btn = doc.getElementById("message-box-button-help");
            var edit_btn = doc.getElementById("message-box-button-edit");
            help_btn.collapsed = true;
            edit_btn.collapsed = true;
            msgbox.setAttribute("msgtype", this._mboxType);
            msgbox.value = msg;
        } else {
            if (!this.panelIsOpen) this.showPanel();
            var con = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-container");
            con.collapsed = null;
            var msgbox = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box");
            var help_btn = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-button-help");
            var edit_btn = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-button-edit");
            help_btn.collapsed = true;
            edit_btn.collapsed = true;
            msgbox.value = msg;
        }
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.showErrorMessage = function (msg, errnum) {
        if (errnum && !/\(error code: -?\d+\)$/i.test(msg)) {
            msg += " (Error code: " + errnum + ")";
        }
        this._errorMessage = msg;
        this._mboxType = "error";
        this._mboxStatus = "open";
            deck.selectedIndex = 0;
            var msgbox = doc.getElementById("imacros-message-box");
            var help_btn = doc.getElementById("message-box-button-help");
            var edit_btn = doc.getElementById("message-box-button-edit");
            help_btn.collapsed = null;
            edit_btn.collapsed = null;
            msgbox.value = msg;
        } else {
            if (!this.panelIsOpen) this.showPanel();
            var con = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-container");
            con.collapsed = null;
            var msgbox = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box");
            var help_btn = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-button-help");
            var edit_btn = document.getElementById("imacros-message-box-button-edit");
            help_btn.collapsed = null;
            edit_btn.collapsed = null;
            msgbox.value = msg;
        }
        this.mboxErrorNumber = errnum;
        this.mboxErrorLine = 0;
        if (/, line:\s*(\d+)(?:\s+\(.*\))?$/.test(msg)) this.mboxErrorLine = parseInt(RegExp.$1);
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.onLoopValueInput = function () {
        var textbox = this.sidebar.document.getElementById('im-loopval-textbox');
        textbox.value = textbox.value.replace(/^0+|[^\d]/g, "");
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.onLoopValueChange = function () {
        var textbox = this.sidebar.document.getElementById('im-loopval-textbox');
        if (!textbox.value.length) textbox.value = "3";
    };
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineGetter__("maxLoopValue", function () {
        if (!this.sidebarIsOpen) return this._maxLoopValue;
        var value = doc.getElementById('im-loopval-textbox');
        return (this._maxLoopValue = imns.s2i(value.value));
    });
    iMacrosControlPanel.prototype.__defineSetter__("currentLoopValue", function (val) {
        this._currentLoopValue = val;
        var value = doc.getElementById('im-curloop-textbox');
        value.value = val;
    });
    return new iMacrosControlPanel();
})();
sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:it works straight away using the online jsBeautifuler at http://jsbeautifier.org/
Interesting. I tried the python version of that script but it spit out all kinds of errors. I tried via FOREACH on every js file in chrome and its subdirectories.
chivracq wrote:
sightunseen wrote:
chivracq wrote:it works straight away using the online jsBeautifuler at http://jsbeautifier.org/
Interesting. I tried the python version of that script but it spit out all kinds of errors. I tried via FOREACH on every js file in chrome and its subdirectories.
I just got lucky I would say with that online jsBeautifuler because I was already studying the Code of the Add-on and modifying it (in its raw Version!), but that makes it now indeed a bit easier, at least to understand and to locate where I have to modify things... And I asked a while ago to have access to !LOOP_MAX in Scripts, never got any Answer, said I was going to implement it myself, that makes it closer...!

I normally don't really get excited by online Compilers and Decompilers and same kind, though I once helped a Web-Site I use a lot with my Macros to locate and get rid of a Virus that had infected one of their Flash-Objects..., yes using an online Russian Flash-Decompiler...
chivracq wrote:How to make things complicated when they can be so simple!?

I was doing some digging yesterday, looking for an Archive on Internet for older Versions of iMacros for Chrome for this Thread (and I didn't find any...) but at some point, I landed (again) on the Mozilla Archive for iMacros for Firefox (where btw I downloaded all 79 (-3 with no Link) current and older Versions of iMacros for FF when I saw the hassle it is to downgrade iMacros on CR...) and I noticed that iMacros is advertised as being "Open Source" (at least on the Chrome Add-ons Web-Store, I didn't check for Firefox), so I thought, if it's Open Source, the Source Code must be found somewhere..., with all (older) Versions..., and that's how I landed again on the Mozilla Archive for iMacros for FF where indeed all JavaScript Files are already "jsBeautified" by Mozilla or delivered in a clean State by iOpus.

Example (for the same 'ControlPanel.js' that I already jsBeautified and posted earlier, except this time from v8.8.1):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... nel.js#top
(Accessed from the "View the source" Link underneath each Version...)