iMacros 8.6.0 Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim example not working

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sightunseen

iMacros 8.6.0 Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim example not working

Post by sightunseen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 am

I'm trying to run Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim but it says:
NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getCharPref], line: 6 (Error code: -1001)
I recall this happened to me once before with another example and I was able to fix it by switching the file to UTF8 with BOM. However line 6 references Address.csv which is already UTF8 with BOM. Can someone with iMacros 8.6.0 try to run Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim in your 'Favorites > Demo-Firefox' folder? Thanks
chivracq

Re: iMacros 8.6.0 Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim example not working

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:35 am

Works fine for me, both with iMacros v8.60 on FF27 on WinXP SP3 and FF27 on Win7 Home Premium.

The only Runtime Error I get is at the 4th Loop as there are only 3 Rows of Data in the .CSV File...

Character Encoding in your Firefox plays maybe a role...?
My Settings: Auto-detect=Universal / Unicode (UTF-8)

EDIT:
I've uploaded "my" original Address.CSV if you want to try with that one...

The File has ".ZIP" Extension but it is not even zipped, you need to change its Extension manually back to ".CSV". (The Forum Upload Functionality only allows .JPG and .ZIP Extensions...)
Attachments
Address.zip
Original File
(307 Bytes) Downloaded 577 times
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 pm

chivracq wrote:Works fine for me, both with iMacros v8.60 on FF27 on WinXP SP3 and FF27 on Win7 Home Premium.

The only Runtime Error I get is at the 4th Loop as there are only 3 Rows of Data in the .CSV File...

Character Encoding in your Firefox plays maybe a role...?
My Settings: Auto-detect=Universal / Unicode (UTF-8)
Hi thanks for helping. I am in Firefox 29 (Aurora build) and cannot reproduce this issue in Firefox 24.

I have downloaded iMacros 8.6.0 again and Address.csv does not have a UTF-8 BOM. Also I downloaded your Address.csv and it also doesn't have a UTF-8 BOM. As for why mine had the BOM maybe I added it and then forgot and/or I was looking at it in the hex editor after I had already altered it.

After replacing Address.csv with the one I know to be correct (yours) I still have the same problem but only in Firefox 29. I checked my default encoding option and in Firefox 24 (where the script runs fine) it is Western (ISO-8859-1). In Firefox 29 the encoding options have changed and there is no UTF-8 or Western, only "Default for Current Locale". Here's a screenshot:

Anyway this is either a Firefox bug or they made some intentional change in 29 that iMacros isn't functioning as it should. I have tried in a clean profile in FF29 and it's reproducible. Should I get in contact with an iMacros developer or will they see this post?

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 am

Hum, if it works fine in FF24 and not in FF29 (sorry, I'm still (just since 2 or 3 days) at FF27) with the same File, it then looks more like a FF-related Pb indeed...

But the FF Character Encoding Screenshot you provided looks freaky to me, indeed no UTF-8 (THE Standard Encoding CharSet on Internet, I thought, and comforted after reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8, especially the BOM Part, because I didn't know what "BOM" meant...! Oups!, but OK, freaky to me, because it sounds a bit to me that Browsers are going to decide probably based on your IP-Addres what's the best CharSet for you. Just like many Web-Sites already which serve you automatically and no way to choose stg else in only the Language you are supposed to speak based on your IP-Address. I am French and I live in Holland and I speak many Languages and I want to read the local Dutch News in Dutch but I read other News-Sites from other Countries that I want to read in their Language and all IT-Technical Sites I want to read in English and not in stupidly badly translated Dutch and the only way to access many of those Sites in English is to go through a Proxy... Not normal...!

OK, sorry about my rant...!
About your Question about contacting TechSupport, short Answer, I would say Yes, because, according to my Experience, sbd from TechSupport comes maybe 1ce or 2ce a week on the Forum, and mainly/mostly only to delete the many Spams on the Forum... I'm not sure they even read the Threads...

Mini-Test: Say HI, TechSupport if you read this...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 am

Hi!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hi!
LOL...!! You got me then!

Hope you react as well content-wise on the Thread... (and many other Threads waiting/hoping for some enlightened Reaction from TechSupport...)
But OK, it's already good to know that you check the Forum a little bit...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:25 am

Other User with probably similar Problem:
NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:58 pm

chivracq wrote:Other User with probably similar Problem:
NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000
Thanks for the info. It's still broken in 8.8.1 when using Firefox Aurora. Aurora isn't used by the general public so maybe this is just a sign of what's coming. Works ok with Firefox 24 and 8.8.1.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm

One more User joining the club...!:
Unknown error -1001 when opening any source

It is going to be funny when Firefox will update to FF28...! :mrgreen:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 am

Hi SightUnseen, more and more Users getting impacted as FF v28.0 is starting to be deployed, more Info in the other Thread I first mentioned, but I was able to experience the Problem myself and I found that re-saving your .CSV File with UTF-8 Encoding takes the Error Msg away...
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 386#p57386
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 pm

chivracq wrote:Hi SightUnseen, more and more Users getting impacted as FF v28.0 is starting to be deployed, more Info in the other Thread I first mentioned, but I was able to experience the Problem myself and I found that re-saving your .CSV File with UTF-8 Encoding takes the Error Msg away...
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 386#p57386
Thanks for the hint but mine is already in UTF-8 format. I'm using Firefox 30 now (Aurora build) so maybe that's the problem? I don't know.
fastviper

Post by fastviper » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:19 pm

The upgrade to Firefox 28 immediately causes this problem (iMacros 8.8.1).
No iim could be read/played, editor shows empty code..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 pm

fastviper wrote:The upgrade to Firefox 28 immediately causes this problem (iMacros 8.8.1).
No iim could be read/played, editor shows empty code..
The only Problem I experienced when upgrading from FF v27.0.1 to FF v28.0 (with iMacros v8.8.1) on WinXP SP3 was that I had to re-save the Demo Address.csv in UTF-8 for Demo-Loop-CSV...iim to work, otherwise all my Macros still work fine and I don't have any Problems with the Editor... (except Performance Problems that I have already reported in some other Thread...)
FF28 is painful anyway as it constantly consumes 40-80% CPU and increases constantly its Memory Consumption so I prefer to use Pale Moon (v24.4.1) which I find much more stable and reliable.

More Info in this Thread:
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22494
fastviper wrote:No iim could be read/played, editor shows empty code..
How did you solve your Problem then...?