Does not record actions on popup window

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
luigico889

Does not record actions on popup window

Post by luigico889 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi,

I am trying to record an instance where I would be clicking a link, a popup will appear and I will select something from the popup. However, the think I am clicking in the popup does not record. Any ideas?
chivracq

Re: Does not record actions on popup window

Post by chivracq » Thu May 29, 2014 6:00 pm

luigico889 wrote:Hi,

I am trying to record an instance where I would be clicking a link, a popup will appear and I will select something from the popup. However, the think I am clicking in the popup does not record. Any ideas?
Yep: CIM...! :mrgreen:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
luigico889

Post by luigico889 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 am

Sorry, what's CIM?
luigico889

Post by luigico889 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:26 am

I am using iMarcos for Firefox 8.8.2, Windows 7 Enterprise
luigico889

Post by luigico889 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi chivracq,

I have found a similar post. http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... pup#p54449

But this post seems to be unanswered yet.

I am trying to automate the CRM WEB UI of SAP, and it seems to be using javascript popups.

So here are the steps I have done:
1. Go to the WRBUI and click on Normal Change under Create:
2. After clicking a Popup appears, and I should select SMMJ <- This step does not get recoreded

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Browser Info still missing..., and it's confusing, because you mention using iMacros for FF but your PrintScreen shows Google Chrome...?

If using Chrome, Popup and Dialog Recording on Chrome is limited, it will work better with FF or IE (or the iMacros Browser). When dealing with tricky Popups, you should try to grab the URL of the Popup and open it "manually" with 'URL GOTO' (in a 2nd Tab), and that was indeed the Workaround as well in the other Thread that you mention (I had done some Testing on that other Thread, so I know the Case quite well).

There is a Wiki Page about dealing with tricky Popups and Windows...

I don't have access to any CRM WEB UI SAP System, so I cannot do any Testing for you..., but I would say, try recording in FF and IE (both Browsers handle Popups differently) or in the iMacros Browser and try to grab the URL (if any) of that Popup...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
luigico889

Post by luigico889 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:19 pm

sorry for the confusion.. screenshot was from Chrome, but I am using firefox iMacro. anyway, thanks! will try that one out. apparently, that does not seem to work.. when I try to paste the link on a new tab, it prompts an error.

But thanks! I will just look into this and try to find something I can do.

Luigi
thugmoney

Post by thugmoney » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Another option is to install an extension in Chrome to open popups in a new tab (instead of window). You could then use the "TAB T=[x]" command in iMacros to direct your macro to the new tab. Start your macro by clearing all tabs and add the tab selector command after the TAG that opens the popup.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAG [open popup]
TAB T=2
TAG [actions in new tab aka popup]
If the popup would normally disapear after you complete your actions in it (click Ok/Submit/Save), it will close the new tab and you'll be back to one. If not, you may have to add another "TAB" command to get back to 1 and "CLOSEALLOTHERS".

Hope that helps!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

luigico889 wrote:Hi chivracq,

I have found a similar post. http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... pup#p54449

But this post seems to be unanswered yet.

I am trying to automate the CRM WEB UI of SAP, and it seems to be using javascript popups.

So here are the steps I have done:
1. Go to the WRBUI and click on Normal Change under Create:
2. After clicking a Popup appears, and I should select SMMJ <- This step does not get recoreded

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks!
Oh...!, very bad but nearly good, prefect Demonstration of me trying to convince Users to post their Screenshots directly in the Thread innstead of using any external Pix Hosting as they all either go kaboum-disappear after a few months/years, or commercial like this one...

[JFC-TAG]: Screenshot - Commercial - Disappear - External - Image - Hosting - [I was right...!]
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:04 pm

thugmoney wrote:Another option is to install an extension in Chrome to open popups in a new tab (instead of window). You could then use the "TAB T=[x]" command in iMacros to direct your macro to the new tab. Start your macro by clearing all tabs and add the tab selector command after the TAG that opens the popup.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAG [open popup]
TAB T=2
TAG [actions in new tab aka popup]
If the popup would normally disapear after you complete your actions in it (click Ok/Submit/Save), it will close the new tab and you'll be back to one. If not, you may have to add another "TAB" command to get back to 1 and "CLOSEALLOTHERS".

Hope that helps!
Sub-Forum and Thread were about FF and not CR, and Sub-Forum=FF means that the Pb was specific to FF only and @OP had tested in other Browsers where they didn't encounter the PB..., even if your Method sounds very Legit to me and can very probably be applied to FF as well..., chances are there is some similar Add-on for FF as well...

Would be interesting though if you could mention the name of your CR Add-on, and a direct Link would then be wonderful... :wink: