Anyone else having issues with recent Firefox V31?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
westonreed

Anyone else having issues with recent Firefox V31?

Post by westonreed » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

My firefox updated from V30 to V31 last week and since then I have been having a recurring issue.

I have several hundred macros that I run each day. I link them all together using the URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m= command. I have been doing this for several months with no issue. However, since my firefox automatically update to V31, some of the macros will not play. This seems to be random as I cannot determine any specific sites that are causing the macro to freeze. The first macro will play all of the way through and then link to the next macro via the URL GOTO command listed above. The script for that next macro then shows in the iMacros window, but freezes. I have tried to pause and resume, but nothing happens when I hit pause. Even if I stop the current macro, I am unable to play another. It acts like it is frozen and I have to close out of firefox to run another macro.

I have checked the code at the end of each macro that links to the next (listed below) and they are all correct. Also, the macro runs perfectly once I restart firefox. It just will not run the next macro for some reason.

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Successful_Macros%5CUser2%5CWeek-2%5CBoard_3.iim
Is anyone else having this issue? I am considering a downgrade back to V30 if I cannot resolve this issue. Thanks!

Browser: Firefox 31.0
VERSION BUILD=8810214 RECORDER=FX
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Anyone else having issues with recent Firefox V31?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm

westonreed wrote:I have checked the code at the end of each macro that links to the next (listed below) and they are all correct. Also, the macro runs perfectly once I restart firefox. It just will not run the next macro for some reason.

I wouldn't recommend this approach for "linking" macros together. Instead, you should use the built-in Javascript scripting interface and create a Javascript and to play each macro using iimPlay (see the Self-Test.js demo script included with iMacros for one example of how to do this).

With that said, I was able to reproduce the issue in Firefox 31 by playing the Self-Test.js script - it always hangs at the start of step 9 (attempting to playback SaveAs.iim) and you have to restart the browser before you can play any other macro.

I have logged this issue for further investigation by the development team. Thank you for taking the time to report it here and bringing it to our attention!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
MaxGM11

Post by MaxGM11 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am

Hello,

I am facing the same issue since I am using firefox 31.0
I can run several macros but iMacro freezes at a moment with the same behavior.

I am also using js to run several macro at a time. But even if I do it "by hand" the freeze will occur.
bluehairdude

Post by bluehairdude » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm seeing the same thing. I scheduled macros using Windows Task Manager using the URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m...

Was working great until my FF updated to 31. I am presently doing a system restore on my system to roll back pre-31 to see if the issue persists.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 am

Oh ja, sorry, I didn't publish my Results (all done with Self-Test.js with iMacros v8.8.2 for FF)...

Pale Moon v24.6.2 (=FF30) and v24.7.0 (=FF31) both on WinXP and Win7 is/are not impacted...!
So that's a Workaround already...!

(On my slow WinXP Laptop, I do have to click once "Continue" at some point about "Unresponsive Script", for the Script finishes, and that's only because I haven't extended some Default Setting in "about:config"...)

For "pure" Firefox, yep, I can reproduce Tom's findings, Self-Test.js works perfect with FF30, both on WinXP and Win7, but fails at Step 9 with FF31 (only tested on Win7)...
Commenting Macros out in the .js Script doesn't really make a difference, I have the feeling that extending some "about:config" Timeout Setting could bring some avail...
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
westonreed

Post by westonreed » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:26 pm

I wouldn't recommend this approach for "linking" macros together. Instead, you should use the built-in Javascript scripting interface and create a Javascript and to play each macro using iimPlay (see the Self-Test.js demo script included with iMacros for one example of how to do this).
Thank for you for the quick reply, Tom! I decided to downgrade Firefox to V30.0 and it is working fine now.

I'm curious though, why you do not recommend using the code below to "link" multiple macros together. I have created a .js file using the Self-Test.js demo and it works but I prefer using the code below at the end of the script in each macro. Reason being, let's say I have 10 macros that I want to run consecutively and one or more of the macros encounters an error and fails to finish. Using the code below, I can then run that particular macro again after fixing the error and it will then continue the sequence from there. However, If I use the .js file, I either have to start from the very first macro, starting the entire sequence over, or run all subsequent macros one at a time, regardless of which board failed to finish.

Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:58 am

Hi westonreed,

I can see how that is a convenient way to play a series of macros together and to quickly resume playback of the series from any macro. My point was that the URL GOTO command was never intended to be used for launching another macro, and so there could be other side effects. I'm not saying not to use it, and by all means if it is working for you please continue to do so, but just remember it's not officially supported.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:24 pm

I use this Technique as well myself to kind of quickly "concatenate" several Macros together when needed, I just need to add/remove a Comment Tag to control the Workflow of several Macros.

:idea: One more HUGE Advantage of this Technique is that it allows you to loop a Macro without using the 'Play (Loop)' Button, which is very handy for example when launching an .iim Macro from a .BAT File (+ Windows Task Scheduler) for which it is normally not possible to loop a Macro. :idea:

Only Drawback I've found is that trying to loop Macro1 (which calls Macro2 at its end) will not go back to Macro1 after Macro2 has been executed and the Looping stops after 1 Run.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
cloullin

Post by cloullin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Yes I do have the same issue and also had to downgrade to FF 30.0.
jewelu

Post by jewelu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

I do not use the URL GOTO, but a Javascript to call a simple iMacros script for downloading several images in a loop. However, with FF31 the script freezes after the first download. I downgraded to FF30 and the script runs again without problems as before. Could iMacros be adapted to FF31?
improvius

Post by improvius » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi, I'm having similar problems with FF31 and iimPlayCode in javascript. It's locking up right after a file download. Any chance of a fix rolling out any time soon? Downgrading to FF30 is working as a temporary fix for me.
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:09 am

Hi !

I had the same issue with some of my macros. All the macros impacted on my side use the ONDOWLOAD command.

I don't have issue with the SAVEAS command, but I never use * for naming folder and file as I prefer definine the full path and name in the js with iimSet.

To solve the issue I had to use WAIT=NO in my ONDOWLOAD command which is not the ideal way as sometimes the download doesn't happen.
As far as i tried, if the paramater WAIT is not set or set to TRUE the macros will freeze.

I hope these details could help analysing the issue.

Thanks for working on !

Skippyto.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:47 am

Hi Everyone,

We've just posted a beta version of iMacros for Firefox 8.8.3 that includes a fix for the replay issue with macros using ONDOWNLOAD since Firefox 31.

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History

Please upgrade to this version and provide feedback here as to whether it resolves the issue for you!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
jewelu

Post by jewelu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi,

This new version works perfectly for me and solves the "freeze" problem I had.

Thank you very much!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Hum..., mixed feelings...!:
It works indeed on FF v31.0 (Win7-64) but it doesn't work at all on my favorite Browser, Pale Moon v24.7.1 (both on WinXP SP3 and Win7-64) and trying to run any .iim Macro triggers the following RuntimeError:

TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function (Error code: -1001)
Running 'Self-Test.js' runs in 1 sec and gives the following Report:

Self-Test Report 
Demo-Firefox/FillForm.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Frame.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Filter.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Tabs.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Javascript-Dialogs.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/SlideShow.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/TagPosition.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Download.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/SaveAs.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/SavePDF.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Stopwatch.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/ExtractAndFill.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/Extract.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/ExtractURL.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function Demo-Firefox/ExtractRelative.iim: TypeError: Downloads.getList is not a function
I had to revert to v8.8.2. :mrgreen:

The Link to download v8.8.2 has been removed from the Firefox Version History Page, which is a pity, consider putting it back, as I'm not the only User using Pale Moon instead of Firefox...
v8.8.2 can otherwise be downloaded from the Mozilla Firefox iMacros Add-on Archive. Direct Link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... latest.xpi

The same Download Problem exists as well for iMacros v7.03 for CR which is the latest Version working on Commodo Dragon (after the CR35 Changes and issuing iMacros for CR v8.x), for which the Link to v7.03 has been removed from the Chrome Version History Page... (And there is no Chrome iMacros Add-on Archive on Internet...) I have secured it but it's a complete hassle for other Users to find it a to download it. See this Thread on the Chrome Sub-Forum...:
- Trouble Getting Started
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.