Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
garyst1981

Re: Feature Requests & Bug Fix Requests. ADD YOURS!

Post by garyst1981 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Windows 7 Firefox 32.0.1 and iMacros for Firefox 8.8.2
CLEAR command is not working it shows an error
NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED: Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsICacheService.evictEntries], line 11
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:36 pm

garyst1981 wrote:Windows 7 Firefox 32.0.1 and iMacros for Firefox 8.8.2
CLEAR command is not working it shows an error
NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED: Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsICacheService.evictEntries], line 11
A fix is coming soon! Please follow http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=23321
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Thais

Post by Thais » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Tom,

Is there a bug fixe for the ONDOWNLOAD pb with Firefox 30.0.2 and imacro 8.8.2 (cf. previous post)
I got the same pb as @garyst1981 and @drone

Thanks by advance for your help

Thais
Mac Os : 10.13.3 (17D102)
Firefox : 48.0.2
iMacros for Firefox : 8.9.7
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 am

Hi

Could we PLEASE PLEASE! drop the requirement for CSV source documents to be encoded as UTF-8 with BOM.

This frequently causes a hassle as any document that is created/maintained with MS Office, Open Office, LibraOffice, etc always reverts to UTF-8 without BOM when saving. Additionally they don't even support the option to use BOM encoding on the document itself.

Only the likes of Notepad++ (Windows), TextWrangler/BBEdit (OS X) support saving documents with UTF-8 with BOM, otherwise it's very difficult to find an application that supports it.

To quote Wikipedia: "The Unicode Standard permits the BOM in UTF-8,[2] but does not require or recommend its use.[3] Byte order has no meaning in UTF-8,[4] so its only use in UTF-8 is to signal at the start that the text stream is encoded in UTF-8." - So it is neither required nor recommended. I realise that iMacros feeds in CSV as a data stream, but if iMacros expects it to be UTF-8 then there isn't an issue with requiring BOM to detect that it's UTF-8 anyhow (and if it isn't then it can fail in the way UTF-8 without BOM documents now fail).

I do remember earlier versions of iMacros plug-in never had this requirement for documents to maintain BOM encoding, so I am hoping that you can re-introduce support for UTF-8 without BOM CSV documents once again.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:34 am

Cybes wrote:Hi

Could we PLEASE PLEASE! drop the requirement for CSV source documents to be encoded as UTF-8 with BOM.

This frequently causes a hassle as any document that is created/maintained with MS Office, Open Office, LibraOffice, etc always reverts to UTF-8 without BOM when saving. Additionally they don't even support the option to use BOM encoding on the document itself.

Only the likes of Notepad++ (Windows), TextWrangler/BBEdit (OS X) support saving documents with UTF-8 with BOM, otherwise it's very difficult to find an application that supports it.

To quote Wikipedia: "The Unicode Standard permits the BOM in UTF-8,[2] but does not require or recommend its use.[3] Byte order has no meaning in UTF-8,[4] so its only use in UTF-8 is to signal at the start that the text stream is encoded in UTF-8." - So it is neither required nor recommended. I realise that iMacros feeds in CSV as a data stream, but if iMacros expects it to be UTF-8 then there isn't an issue with requiring BOM to detect that it's UTF-8 anyhow (and if it isn't then it can fail in the way UTF-8 without BOM documents now fail).

I do remember earlier versions of iMacros plug-in never had this requirement for documents to maintain BOM encoding, so I am hoping that you can re-introduce support for UTF-8 without BOM CSV documents once again.
I agree with you, but as far as I understood, the "Forced UTF-8 with BOM" didn't come from iMacros but from Firefox (FF29 or FF30)...
You don't mention anything about your Config, but I reckon you are using iMacros for FF... (Yep, I'm clever, this Thread is located in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum...! :oops: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:46 am

You are correct! I am using the iMacros Firefox Plug-in :-)

It may be a Firefox related issue but I seem to recall the BOM requirement pre-dating FF29? (I could be wrong on that though!). I did some reading and there have been charset related issues, but apparently some of them are solved / modified in the current release.

Another quote on UTF-8 with BOM but from http://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#bom2:
"Yes, UTF-8 can contain a BOM. However, it makes no difference as to the endianness of the byte stream. UTF-8 always has the same byte order. An initial BOM is only used as a signature — an indication that an otherwise unmarked text file is in UTF-8. Note that some recipients of UTF-8 encoded data do not expect a BOM. Where UTF-8 is used transparently in 8-bit environments, the use of a BOM will interfere with any protocol or file format that expects specific ASCII characters at the beginning"
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Cybes wrote:You are correct! I am using the iMacros Firefox Plug-in :-)

It may be a Firefox related issue but I seem to recall the BOM requirement pre-dating FF29? (I could be wrong on that though!). I did some reading and there have been charset related issues, but apparently some of them are solved / modified in the current release.

Another quote on UTF-8 with BOM but from http://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#bom2:
"Yes, UTF-8 can contain a BOM. However, it makes no difference as to the endianness of the byte stream. UTF-8 always has the same byte order. An initial BOM is only used as a signature — an indication that an otherwise unmarked text file is in UTF-8. Note that some recipients of UTF-8 encoded data do not expect a BOM. Where UTF-8 is used transparently in 8-bit environments, the use of a BOM will interfere with any protocol or file format that expects specific ASCII characters at the beginning"
I know, you are completely right, I did all that Research already in February (2014), I think, when the Problem first arose, have a look at this Post where I mentioned all the Relevant Threads with Background/Chronological Info...:
- Re: Firefox 32.0.1 broke csv reading
The first Link mentioned was the main Thread...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Im now having UTF-8 issues also but not just with CSV. In my following config

windows 7 64 bits
imacros beta 8.8.4
firefox 32.0.1

Clear issue was fixed but new problems were introduced

little video
http://www.screencast.com/users/garyst1 ... eb0269c938

it flickers and stays @ that step forever
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Please also try iMacros 8.8.5 with regard to the ANSI/UTF encoding issues. Some more changes were made in this version to address the issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:15 pm

garyst1981 wrote:Im now having UTF-8 issues also but not just with CSV. In my following config

windows 7 64 bits
imacros beta 8.8.4
firefox 32.0.1

Clear issue was fixed but new problems were introduced

little video
http://www.screencast.com/users/garyst1 ... eb0269c938

it flickers and stays @ that step forever
I've re-produced this issue too.. http://www.screencast.com/t/EddIZSihlS6Y (Firefox 32.0.2/iMacros 8.8.5/Mac OS X 10.8.5)

PS. The card no. shown on screen is a test card number ;-)

PPS. I've re-produced this twice now with the same script but at different points. The first time was on a text input field, the second time was when it was trying to extract text from a P tag. I've also re-produced it with entirely different scripts at different points too. So it doesn't appear to be such a difficult issue to re-produce.
garyst1981

Post by garyst1981 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Still replicating on

Windows 7 64 Bits
iMacros 8.8.5 Beta
Firefox 32
www.gustavorivera.com.mx
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 am

Is there any chance the iMacros team could please post a link to 8.8.3 again as 8.8.2/8.8.5 are far too unstable for me to use (and keeps dying or freezing in Firefox 32). 8.8.3 seemed comparably more reliable (even if CLEAR was broken in it!)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:23 am

Cybes wrote:Is there any chance the iMacros team could please post a link to 8.8.3 again as 8.8.2/8.8.5 are far too unstable for me to use (and keeps dying or freezing in Firefox 32). 8.8.3 seemed comparably more reliable (even if CLEAR was broken in it!)
You are lucky, the Link for iMacros v8.8.3 Beta for FF still works, even if it's been removed from the Firefox Version History Page...
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks for that chivracq :-)
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi,

I experiment some issues to follow some link with both 8.8.4 and 8.8.5 addons with both Firefox 31 and Firefox 32 on Win XP and Win 7 64 systems.

Here are some examples :

This

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://www.google.co.uk/?hl=en
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:gbqf ATTR=ID:gbqfq CONTENT=test
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:gbqf ATTR=ID:gbqfb
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:"Speedtest.net*"
PROMPT "finished"
never prompt "finished" (got
RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:"Speedtest.net*" was not found, line 4 (Error code: -921)
instead)

And this

VERSION BUILD=8850919 RECORDER=FX
URL GOTO=https://www.google.co.uk/?hl=en
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:gbqf ATTR=ID:gbqfq CONTENT=help
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:BBC<SP>-<SP>Help<SP>-<SP>Home
PROMPT "The end"
never prompt "the end" (
RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:BBC<SP>-<SP>Help<SP>-<SP>Home was not found, line 5 (Error code: -921)
instead)

Also this

VERSION BUILD=8850919 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.google.fr/?hl=fr
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:gbqf ATTR=ID:gbqfq CONTENT=test
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Test<SP>*
PROMPT "finished"
just loop reloading the page again and again so the macro never ends...

Thanks to have a look.

Skippyto.