SyntaxError: wrong format of URL command, line 3 (Error code

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cteran224

SyntaxError: wrong format of URL command, line 3 (Error code

Post by cteran224 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 am

SyntaxError: wrong format of URL command, line 3 (Error code: -910),

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://polldaddy.com/poll/8336485/AG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL ATTR=TXT:Staples<SP>Boys<SP>Cross<SP>Country
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:formPoll ATTR=ID:PDI_answer37923125
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Vote
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
CLEAR
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSE

I've asked many people and they don't know what is wrong with the third line. Any help would be appreciated
skippyto

Re: SyntaxError: wrong format of URL command, line 3 (Error

Post by skippyto » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 am

Hi cteran224

Did you try to put the URL (https://polldaddy.com/poll/8336485/AG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL ATTR=TXT:Staples<SP>Boys<SP>Cross<SP>Country) you are using in your URL GOTO command in a browser to test its validity ?
It really seems that you have a piece of a TAG command at the end of it.

I've nothing to do with that, but I'm not sure it is a great idea to use iMacros to distort a poll.

Skippyto.
chivracq

Re: SyntaxError: wrong format of URL command, line 3 (Error

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:50 am

cteran224 wrote:SyntaxError: wrong format of URL command, line 3 (Error code: -910),

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://polldaddy.com/poll/8336485/AG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL ATTR=TXT:Staples<SP>Boys<SP>Cross<SP>Country
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=NAME:formPoll ATTR=ID:PDI_answer37923125
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Vote
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
CLEAR
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSE

I've asked many people and they don't know what is wrong with the third line. Any help would be appreciated
FCIM...! :mrgreen:

I don't know what those "many people" are that you asked, but I guess they didn't want to offend you as your Problem is obvious...: You cannot do a proper Select&Copy&Paste and you squeezed 2 Lines of Code into one...

I would agree with 'skippyto' about using iMacros to fake-vote on a Poll, but the Content of that specific Poll is so stupidly hilarious that using iMacros should actually be mandatory for that kind of fun...! And the Site should anyway check and record at least the IP Address of the Voter to prevent Cheating...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...