Need help for a script

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
wiilcorrea

Need help for a script

Post by wiilcorrea » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi guys.

In a script that I'm running, I put to click a link (a button with a name xyz) in a loop every time.
But for reasons of site in which I use the imacro, this button is not always available, and I put to refresh the page at the end of loop forever appear this button (in which it has a name).

It would be possible to put the Macro to update only "if" the button is not on the page?
skippyto

Re: Need help for a script

Post by skippyto » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:49 am

Hi wiilcorrea,

Yes it's possible if you are calling your iim from a js.

In that case you can extract the name of the button at the end of your iim macro (http://wiki.imacros.net/TAG#The_EXTRACT_Parameter).

Then eval it in the js in a if condition with iimGetExtract (http://wiki.imacros.net/iimGetExtract) to play or not a second macro to refresh the page.

You d'ont gave too much information (any example ?) !

Skippyto.
chivracq

Re: Need help for a script

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:28 am

wiilcorrea wrote:Hi guys.

In a script that I'm running, I put to click a link (a button with a name xyz) in a loop every time.
But for reasons of site in which I use the imacro, this button is not always available, and I put to refresh the page at the end of loop forever appear this button (in which it has a name).

It would be possible to put the Macro to update only "if" the button is not on the page?
CIM and useless Thread Title, I won't be helping on that Thread, but there is a much more simple Solution than 'Skippyto''s... (Pure .iim...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...