iMacros 8.8.5 freeze issues

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lanx

iMacros 8.8.5 freeze issues

Post by lanx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:48 am

iMacros 8.8.5 has been released as an official, stable version even if no answer nor solution at all has been given to the following thread:
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23395

Of course, now a wide range of people will be affected by such annoying issue and probably you'll be overwhelmed by dozens of complaints.

iMacros 8.8.5 is IN FACT affected by persistent unexplainable freeze and infinite loop issues and it's almost incredible that no one at iOpus could have ran into this problem.

I have tested my whole set of macros with Firefox 32 and 33 and got same results: repeatedly on hold here and there with no reason.
Switched back to 8.8.2 and all of the freeze issues magically disappeared.
Pgiani

Re: iMacros 8.8.5 freeze issues

Post by Pgiani » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 pm

I have the same problem, scripts go in to a loop when you run EXTRACT :twisted: , do you know a easy way to down grade back to the previous version?
lanx

Post by lanx » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Pgiani wrote:I have the same problem, scripts go in to a loop when you run EXTRACT :twisted: , do you know a easy way to down grade back to the previous version?
Visit the following page and install previous version (8.8.2):
https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/a ... /versions/

Then, disable automatic updates to keep that version.
stejoker

Post by stejoker » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:37 am

i can't find the automatic updates disable button.
can you help me?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 am

Hi... development team here. We tested iMacros 8.8.5 extensively with Firefox 33 and did not encounter any freeze issue.

For those of you that had/have this issue: What version of Firefox are you using? And also: Does iMacros freeze right at browser start or are you doing something, such as recording?

Sorry about the issue, and we will fix it as soon as we can recreate it.
stejoker

Post by stejoker » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:05 am

Hello TS, thanks to be at disposal.
in my case the browser works perfectly, the issue is only in some recorded macros that stop on an action and do not give timeout or else. It's just not going on with the actions, but if i put a WAIT SECONDS=1 before the freezed action or if i change the repetition speed it works
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:07 am

Tech Support wrote:Hi... development team here. We tested iMacros 8.8.5 extensively with Firefox 33 and did not encounter any freeze issue.

For those of you that had/have this issue: What version of Firefox are you using? And also: Does iMacros freeze right at browser start or are you doing something, such as recording?

Sorry about the issue, and we will fix it as soon as we can recreate it.
It's rather interesting to hear you are having issues re-creating it when there are numerous people on here across numerous threads all posting about issues they are having with 8.8.5 and how many of them have now needed to roll back to 8.8.2 just to be able to continue using the plug-in without it breaking mid-execution.

I have posted a screen cast in another thread on here with the issue in action and others have explained having similar symptoms to what I have experienced. The issue appears to be affecting both FF31/32 for me (and FF32 commonly for others) and in my case I am using OS X 10.8.5 and they appear to be primarily happening mid-execution of the scripts people are running (so not at the start mostly and AFAIK definitely not during recording). 8.8.2/8.8.3 is not exhibiting this behaviour by comparison. It appears that iMacros effectively gets stuck in an infinite loop on a single step, and the step it gets stuck on can vary from one execution of the same script to the next, so it doesn't appear to be HTML element specific in nature.
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:23 am

I have also re-pro'd this issue in FF33 with 8.8.5 today on the first attempt at executing a script.. A screencast of how it looks when it freezes..

http://www.screencast.com/t/d01MHY3xwrqf

Another thing I noted, in FF 33, the replay speed (even though it was set to FAST) was playing back at close to the SLOW speed of iMacros. When I replaced the plugin with the 8.8.3 version it returned to its normal FAST speed (and the same script that froze above now works without issue).
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi.... do still get the same issue with the new Firefox 33.0.1 release?
Cybes

Post by Cybes » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Tech Support wrote:Hi.... do still get the same issue with the new Firefox 33.0.1 release?
Most definitely do. Just re-installed 8.8.5 and re-produced the issue then.
lanx

Post by lanx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Tech Support wrote:Hi.... do still get the same issue with the new Firefox 33.0.1 release?
Yes, nothing changed after updating to FF 33.0.1.

It seems that iMacros 8.8.5 got mostly stuck at TXT elements.

I'm used to add a "virtual click" over a text element in pages where the macro should proceed only WHEN and IF certain elements are present, i.e. to automate part of the purchase process on Amazon UK I have added something like this:

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10000
TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=TXT:Choose<SP>your<SP>delivery<SP>options
So... if such TXT element is found somewhere in the page, the macro will proceed with all the rest, otherwise it will count down for so long that I'll be able to stop iMacros and proceed manually.

Well, iMacros 8.8.5 simply doesn't count down when a TAG command is issued over a TXT element which is not present in the page, and it doesn't move further if that element has been found.

For your convenience, I'm currently running stable Firefox 33.0.1 under Windows 8.1 x64
devisgood

Post by devisgood » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:49 pm

It's also stuck on clicking on DIV TAG.. where I used TXT..

I downgraded the IMacro to 8.8.2. Now it's working..

TAG POS=24 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:
lanx

Post by lanx » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:17 pm

After further cross-platform testing I can also confirm that the same issue is equally affecting MacOS, Linux and Windows versions of Firefox.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks for all the good information in this (and other) posts. -> This issue is fixed in V8.87 - available here: http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... on_History
skippyto

Post by skippyto » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks Tech Support.

I confirm that I have had no issue with the 8.8.7 addon.

I tested several scripts (js+iim) on the new version with :
- Win XP + FF31
- Win XP + FF33.0.3 (new Cache Bakend activated)
- Win 7 Pro + FF33.0.3 (both new Cache Bakend activated and desactivated)

Skippyto.