iMacros JS Demos fail to run

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
additional001

iMacros JS Demos fail to run

Post by additional001 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:55 pm

When I run the demos Self-Test.js, SI-Get-Exchange-Rate.js, & SI-Run-Test.js I get the following error code.

Code: Select all

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsILocalFile.initWithPath]"  nsresult: "0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://imacros/utils.js :: imns.FIO.openNode :: line 203"  data: no], line 29 (Error code: -991)
Can someone break this down as to what is actually failing here and maybe how to fix it? I know these are just demos. But if I can't even get the demos working I don't want to spend hours recoding and hand tweaking code just for it to fail with this obscure error that I could have avoided to begin with.

The SI-Send-Macro-Code.js seems to run fine so I don't think its a problem with my installed JavaScript... but I'll list my platform none the less.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Firefox 33.0
iMacros FF Plugin 8.8.7
Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U25 Version: 11.25.2.18

Thanks in Avance!
skippyto

Re: iMacros JS Demos fail to run

Post by skippyto » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi

I think it's a folder problem. Verify that your demos are in the subfolder "Demo-Firefox" of your iMacros installation.

SI-Send-Macro-Code.js workw beacause it plays CODE, not iim files.

Skippyto.
additional001

Post by additional001 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:59 pm

They are not hosted locally on my machine. They are actually hosted on my Microsoft CloudDrive.
I'm not having problems running (macros I record) to or from the cloud drive... just the demos seem to have an issue (and only those three .js ones). The paths are set in my iMacro's plugin settings to the cloud drive. If there is a folder issue I don't know what it could be.
additional001

Post by additional001 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:19 am

The confusion continues. After writing a few .js macros I've come across one that seems to have no syntax issues but it's giving me this. It doesn't happen on all scripts just certain ones... and only them.

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsILocalFile.initWithPath]"  nsresult: "0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://imacros/utils.js :: imns.FIO.openNode :: line 203"  data: no], line 29 (Error code: -991)
FireFox Developers Edition 35.0a2
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
iMacros for FF 8.8.7
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi additional001,

Do the .js samples work if you run them from a local folder on your machine?

Please note also that we don't officially provide support for using iMacros with non-production releases of Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
additional001

Post by additional001 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Hi additional001,

Do the .js samples work if you run them from a local folder on your machine?
Yes they run locally fine.
Please note also that we don't officially provide support for using iMacros with non-production releases of Firefox.
Duely noted but I'm not only useing Developer Editions. I use muliple versions of Firefox at home and work. Currently using FF 33.1.1 here... as well as multiple versions of Windows. I thought it would a simple to just us a Microsoft Cloud drive to work from both work and home with iMacros. This does not appear to be the case. My question is why?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 am

We'll have to setup our test environment to test this scenario.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
additional001

Post by additional001 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks Tom,

If I can be any help let me know. Please keep me informed of any findings.

UPDATE: Enlight of this problem I thought it best to move my scripts to the local drive and if need be cart them around on USB. In working with a .js that is local I've hit the same error as before.

Now again these looks like a path error so here are my paths.... When I had them on the skydrive...

C:\Users\john.floyd.WCBOE\SkyDrive\Public\iMacros
Now they are local so they are stored here (temporarily I hope!)

C:\Users\john.floyd.WCBOE\Documents\iMacros
I do not believe this issue is limited to MS Skydrive (or any type cloud drive). Perhaps it has something do with the multiple dots in the paths? a bug in utils.js?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi additional001,
additional001 wrote:Now they are local so they are stored here (temporarily I hope!)

C:\Users\john.floyd.WCBOE\Documents\iMacros

I do not believe this issue is limited to MS Skydrive (or any type cloud drive). Perhaps it has something do with the multiple dots in the paths? a bug in utils.js?
I created the same file path on a test machine and did not have any problem playing regular macro (.iim) or .js files from this location. I tested with the demo files included with iMacros.

Have you tried it yourself yet in a different folder on your local machine with a simplified name, perhaps C:\MyMacros?

Have you tested the demo scripts using a local path? Perhaps the error is specific to your script(s).
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support