iMacros 8.8.5 freeze issues

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lanx

Re: iMacros 8.8.7 freeze issues

Post by lanx » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Tech Support wrote:This issue is fixed in V8.87
Yeah, but... not entirely.

Well, let me explain the remaining freeze issue: I'm working with two different and separate Firefox sessions (profiles), each one running its own set of macros.

The first one does the its own job and then it writes a text file with some important data that will be picked up lately by the second session.

In the meanwhile, the second Firefox session does its own job and at the end of the process it looks for the above mentioned text file and if found it will be opened (displayed in the browser) and scanned with a SEARCH SOURCE=REGEXP command to extract some strings that will be saved in another text log file.

Well... with iMacros prior to version 8.8.5 if the second Firefox session completed all the tasks before the first one, it simply didn't found the text file, the browser showed the "not found" page and the macro continued to search for a specific string (specified by the RegEx command) for as long as specified in !TIMEOUT_STEP.
When the first session of Firefox completed the job, the text file became available for the second one that could have been restarted exactly where it was on-hold by simply clicking the "retry" button into the "not found" page.
So, the text file was loaded and the macro completed the few remaining steps.

In such a circumstance, with 8.8.7 version, clicking the "retry" button in the second Firefox session (when the text file from first session becomes available) simply shows that file but the macro keeps being stuck at the SEARCH SOURCE=REGEXP command for indefinite time.
newmember

Re: iMacros 8.8.5 freeze issues

Post by newmember » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:51 am

Hello,

I am using the latest imacros and firefox but the freeze still appear. Please help me fix it ! Thanks !
lanx

Post by lanx » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:46 pm

newmember wrote:Hello,

I am using the latest imacros and firefox but the freeze still appear. Please help me fix it ! Thanks !

Please, report DETAILED informations regarding your specific freeze issues in the following thread:
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23685

Version 8.8.5 is outdated and I recommend to discuss everything related to a newer version in a separate thread to avoid confusion and misunderstandings.
Programlover

Post by Programlover » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:58 am

Confirm that the issue disappears with me in version 8.8.7
I Love iMacros :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:06 am

Programlover wrote:Confirm that the issue disappears with me in version 8.8.7
Euh...!, we are now 4 Versions furthers, at v8.9.1...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...