Palemoon doesn't work with imacros

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
newmember

Palemoon doesn't work with imacros

Post by newmember » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 am

Hello,

I am using firefox for imacros but firefox makes high CPU so I want to switch to palemoon. However, when I click file .iim, it doesn't run. Anyone know way to fix it ?

Thank you very much ! I am using windows 7 64 bit and latest imacros and palemoon.
chivracq

Re: Palemoon doesn't work with imacros

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:05 pm

newmember wrote:Hello,

I am using firefox for imacros but firefox makes high CPU so I want to switch to palemoon. However, when I click file .iim, it doesn't run. Anyone know way to fix it ?

Thank you very much ! I am using windows 7 64 bit and latest imacros and palemoon.
FCIM...! :mrgreen: ("latest imacros and palemoon" is vague...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
additional001

Post by additional001 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Currently Pale Moon isn't supported. Don't feel bad, neither is SeaMonkey. I have requested that all Mozilla based browsers be supported in my Feature Request and Bug Thread which is sticky'd here. I doubt TS will read it... but the effort has been made :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:49 pm

additional001 wrote:Currently Pale Moon isn't supported. Don't feel bad, neither is SeaMonkey. I have requested that all Mozilla based browsers be supported in my Feature Request and Bug Thread which is sticky'd here. I doubt TS will read it... but the effort has been made :)
Maybe not supported "officially" but it works perfectly and 30% quicker than FF and without Memory Leaks, I've been using it for more than a year I think and I'm very happy...

And it should be the same for SeaMonkey..., I replied to your Post in the SeaMonkey Thread when you posted it, pity you never replied... :mrgreen: (So "the effort has been made...", yep, but if you had followed up on that Thread, you'd already come a bit further, I think...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
newmember

Post by newmember » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:37 am

Hello,

I am using imacros 8.8.7 and Pale Moon x64 - 25.1.0. I tried some laptop but iim file still cannot be run.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:50 am

I am using imacros 8.8.7 and Pale Moon x64 - 25.1.0. I tried some laptop but iim file still cannot be run.
Yep, normal, now that you've mentioned your Config Info...

First I think it's better to use PM x32 because many Add-ons don't work on x64 I read many times...

Now if you've read the Thread I referenced to in my previous Post as an Answer to 'Additional001', you should already know the Answer to your Problem: Same Recommendation, you need to use iMacros v8.8.2 for FF and follow the Procedure I mentioned to deactivate the Add-ons Version Check if you encounter such Compatibility Problems...

I am myself still at PM v24.6.2, I haven't updated to v25.1.0 yet, but I don't expect any Improvement with iMacros for FF v8.8.3+/7, your "... but iim file still cannot be run." is vague again, if you had mentioned the RuntimeError that you are probably getting, I could have told you if that's the same RuntimeError I saw when I tested on PM v24.x with iMacros for FF from v8.8.3 and later...
newmember

Post by newmember » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:20 am

Hello,

I am reinstall with 8.8.2 version imacros. And it worked like a charm. However, when I restart PM, I cannot run any iim file. It show "download .getlist is not function" or doesn't show nothing (when click play, nothing happen). Do you know how to fix ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:03 pm

I am reinstall with 8.8.2 version imacros. And it worked like a charm. However, when I restart PM, I cannot run any iim file. It show "download .getlist is not function" or doesn't show nothing (when click play, nothing happen). Do you know how to fix ?
Ah-ah-ah...!, yep "CleverBoy", if you don't disable automatic Updates for iMacros, at the first Restart of FF or PM, iMacros will automatically be updated again to v8.8.7...! :idea: (Sorry, but I find it funny... Hum, maybe because it happened to me once, oops...!)
additional001

Post by additional001 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

chivracq wrote:
additional001 wrote:Currently Pale Moon isn't supported. Don't feel bad, neither is SeaMonkey. I have requested that all Mozilla based browsers be supported in my Feature Request and Bug Thread which is sticky'd here. I doubt TS will read it... but the effort has been made :)
Maybe not supported "officially" but it works perfectly and 30% quicker than FF and without Memory Leaks, I've been using it for more than a year I think and I'm very happy...

And it should be the same for SeaMonkey..., I replied to your Post in the SeaMonkey Thread when you posted it, pity you never replied... :mrgreen: (So "the effort has been made...", yep, but if you had followed up on that Thread, you'd already come a bit further, I think...)
Appologies chivracq. I was anxious to work on a project with a browser (FF of course) and iMacro's version I knew I could get support for on the forums here. I will test with SeaMonkey shortly to see if I can get your suggestions going and update our other thread with results! :mrgreen:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:34 pm

additional001 wrote:Appologies chivracq. I was anxious to work on a project with a browser (FF of course) and iMacro's version I knew I could get support for on the forums here. I will test with SeaMonkey shortly to see if I can get your suggestions going and update our other thread with results! :mrgreen:
Boah, no pb, good that to know that you've finally seen my Reply, I gave more more Info in the other Thread, so better follow up in the other one indeed... Try to give some Feedback on all the Points/Tricks/Caveats/Workarounds I mentioned, when testing with SeaMonkey so that the Thread can be used as a Reference for other Users coming with the same Question...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 am

Good excuse to bump this Thread, with some other User longing for more Support for iMacros for FF (current Version(s) in Novb 2015 for iMacros for FF is v8.9.4 (+ v9.0.b1), my personal current FCI is: iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v24.6.2 (=FF31), Win7-x64, 4Gb RAM.):
- Firefox Crash.
rethinkreality wrote:FIREFOX VERS: 42.0
IMACROS VERS: 8.9.4
Occurs on these OSs: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE SP1 || Snow Leopard || Mountain Lion || Mavericks

Firefox crashes when playing a long javascript and that is with and without any other plugins. Even on a fresh install without adobe flash player. My scripts need to run for 50-90 days uninterrupted while i'm overseas or traveling. Obviously iim scripts are not a solution for me.

Palemoon and SeaMonkey can not install iMacros.

It (Firefox + iMacros) will run for a few days before the addon will crash. It takes longer to crash on a machine that has more ram, so its copying memory repeatedly and not clearing it out over time. (My guess)
chivracq wrote:...

2- Yep, FF crashing with iMacros Script(s) running is "nearly" normal :roll: , FF is very bad with Memory Leaks, that's why I use Pale Moon...!
2 or 3 days is I think the most you can get with FF on a clean Install..., forget about 50-90 days...! But there are a few other Solutions...

4- "Palemoon and SeaMonkey can not install iMacros."
=> Wrong Assumption, my FCI: iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v24.6.2, Win7-x64, 4Gb RAM.
This is since about 1 year the best Config with iMacros, I use it with 3 PM Profiles, several Scripts run automatically (.BAT Files from the Task Scheduler) + a JavaScript Script (not iMacros) running 24/7 since 11,819 hours (= 492 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes, 1 second) doing about 60-100 Clicks per Second on a stupid Cookie, and I have numerous other Scripts that I launch "manually" or that get called by my "automatic" Scripts, I usually reboot once every 3 weeks, the longest I "tested" without a Reboot was about 6 weeks. I tend to reboot a bit more often since a few months because I'm a DJ and I DJ from my Laptop and I always force a complete Shutdown with minimal CPU Use at Restart when I play somewhere, which is now about once a week on average... :oops: 8)
Oh..., and I have around 500 Tabs opened in PM, with at least 50 really loaded after 1 week...
Search my Posts on "Pale Moon + SeaMonkey", there is a complete Thread (well x2 actually I think...) dedicated to installing iMacros for FF on Pale Moon... (and getting it to work, of course...!).

rethinkreality wrote:...

2- I tried installing imacros on pale moon and it said it couldn't be installed as an add-on in the latest version. Download but couldn't install. So, clarify? Or do you mean the older versions?

4- The only iMacros version that is working for Pale Mooon is 8.8.7.1-signed. 8.8.8.1 fixes some frame issues that I might run into. Why won't the latest versions work ? You're a DJ? Cool, i'm a drummer. Guess musicians are a cut above.

5- I, for the most part, like to stay up to date on software except when it fulfills a specific purpose. Will there be Pale Moon compatibility for 8.9.4 in the future?
chivracq wrote:...

2-4-5- For Pale Moon (Installation) related Pb's/Questions, have you located the (main) Thread about Pale Moon I mentioned? Post them in that Thread, I am not going to repeat everything in this current Thread, and that's not your Original Question here, and that's a good Opportunity to bump that Thread to show Interest for Support for Pale Moon next to FF for the Dev Team.

5- Pale Moon is just an idea because it is better than FF in my Opinion for Performance and Reliability, but you could still meet your Needs using FF and the latest Versions for FF and iMacros, even if FF or iMacros gets automatically updated while you're away for 50-90 days and your Script gets broken, you'll have a Problem...! OK, that you can solve with TeamViewer or Remote Desktop, that's one Element already for a Solution.

rethinkreality wrote:...

2- I do like that Pale Moon handles memory leaks better, but it can not run js scripts, or I'm using unsupported js commands. (This error "Downloads.getList is not a function (Error code: -1001)") I was searching for posts of yours containing pale moon and there are ... pages. Do you have a link? If we can set a little fire under their butts, I'd gladly help. Maybe they would support it a little better.

rethinkreality

Post by rethinkreality » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:55 am

Update, it also happens on my WINDOWS 10 box (32gb), I'm going to try it on on my debian linux next.

my win 7 ultimate is 16gb (intel chip i7)
Snow Leopard is 8gb (intel chip i7)
Mountain Lion is 16gb (intel chip i7)
Mavericks is 16gb (intel chip i7)

PS: @chivracq, why are you not a moderator on this website? You're clearly more active than anyone else from IPSWITCH. They should hire you.

PSS: On another note, it's pretty annoying that the only way to use imacros with PaleMoon or SeaMonkey is to use a very old version instead, you would think this could be fixed relatively easily.

PSSS: I thought that I would add, This is my annoying work around for the memory leak of FF (which could be avoided by simply UPDATING a PALEMOON PLUGIN/EXTENSION.

IN FF:
go to about:config
search for "toolkit.startup.max_resumed_crashes "
set value to -1 (aka infinite)

create a bash file with this content.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
{
	sleep 72000
	ps -ef | grep -v 'grep' | grep firefox | awk '{ print $2; }' | xargs kill
	kill $$
} &
while true 
do
	/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin imacros://run/?m=1.iim
	sleep 1
done
In iCal set the bash script to run every day at the same time.
If you want help, make sure to add this information. If you don't, answers may not work for your specific setup.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:31 pm

rethinkreality wrote:Update, it also happens on my WINDOWS 10 box (32gb), I'm going to try it on on my debian linux next.

my win 7 ultimate is 16gb (intel chip i7)
Snow Leopard is 8gb (intel chip i7)
Mountain Lion is 16gb (intel chip i7)
Mavericks is 16gb (intel chip i7)
Nice to follow-up... :D

By "it", I guess you refer to your other Thread with FF leaking and crashing after some more or less extended time, depending on the amount of RAM..., not sure if you refer to PM here...
rethinkreality wrote:PS: @chivracq, why are you not a moderator on this website? You're clearly more active than anyone else from IPSWITCH. They should hire you.
Well, I am actually (since a few weeks), you can see it from the Blue Colour on my Pseudo... The main purpose is to combat Spam on the Forum that was being flooded regularly especially during the WE, and first time Posters now need to get their Post/Thread approved before their Post/Thread will be visible on the Forum, like I had to approve your first Post...
=> In the last 4 Weeks: 150 new Posters, of which about 50% were Spam.

iOpus/Ipswitch offer a wonderful Free Product for 3 Major Browsers, they cannot allocate Resources to constantly monitor the Forum and answer all Questions, the Forum is more meant as "Users helping other Users", paying Customers (for the iMacros Browser and the Enterprise Edition) have access to another Support Desk where TechSupport do respond IRT and help them thoroughly.
rethinkreality wrote:PSS: On another note, it's pretty annoying that the only way to use imacros with PaleMoon or SeaMonkey is to use a very old version instead, you would think this could be fixed relatively easily.
iMacros for FF v8.8.2 (which is the last Version to work on PM v24.6.2 that I use) was/is a very stable Version and the later Versions v8.8.3 and later v8.9.x were forced (major) Rewrites of the Add-on because of (big) Changes in FF31/32 and later FF35/36 that each time completely broke iMacros, introducing each several Regression Bugs that were solved in subsequent Releases. There is hardly anything new or better in the current v8.9.4 (+ FF42) compared to v8.8.2. The new Beta v9.0 Version might be another story, I haven't installed it yet...
rethinkreality wrote:PSSS: I thought that I would add, This is my annoying work around for the memory leak of FF (which could be avoided by simply UPDATING a PALEMOON PLUGIN/EXTENSION.

IN FF:
go to about:config
search for "toolkit.startup.max_resumed_crashes "
set value to -1 (aka infinite)

create a bash file with this content.

#!/bin/bash
{
	sleep 72000
	kill $$
} &
while true 
do
	/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin imacros://run/?m=1.iim
	sleep 1
done
In iCal set the bash script to run every day at the same time.
Boah, "annoying", this is exactly the Solution I meant for your other Thread to make sure that iMacros can run reliably unattended for a very long period (and I use it myself). I didn't know about this 'about:config' Setting.

A big Thanks for sharing your 'bash' File, I think that's the first Example I see on the Forum of a Batch File for MacOS, that will certainly be useful for other Users... I will quote the relevant parts to your other Thread where they belong rather than in this Pale Moon Thread if you haven't done so already...
rethinkreality

Post by rethinkreality » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:03 am

chivracq wrote: Boah, "annoying", this is exactly the Solution I meant for your other Thread to make sure that iMacros can run reliably unattended for a very long period (and I use it myself). I didn't know about this 'about:config' Setting.
I use the about:config because of the way I force firefox to close. It's to avoid the "safe-mode" and FF refresh. But now I would like to amend this code for something better. This is for Mac, it uses a ff profile named macros so make sure you create that. If you don't need to close firefox, remove the line starting with ps.

Same, make sure you edit the about:config string named 'toolkit.startup.max_resumed_crashes;' to -1
Optional, you can also change 'browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash;' to false

#!/bin/bash
function runmymacro {
     /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -p "macros" imacros://run/?m=1.iim
     sleep 23h
     kill $$
}
trap runmymacro EXIT
The only issue is there is no communication between FF and Terminal when the macros is finished. You can force FF to close, or just prepare accordingly when you're creating your iMacros script.
chivracq wrote: A big Thanks for sharing your 'bash' File, I think that's the first Example I see on the Forum of a Batch File for MacOS, that will certainly be useful for other Users... I will quote the relevant parts to your other Thread where they belong rather than in this Pale Moon Thread if you haven't done so already...
Yes BASH files. It's a UNIX shell processor, Windows obviously isn't built on unix so those shells (for windows) are baTCH. The languages are slightly different. I'll quote the update on my post.
If you want help, make sure to add this information. If you don't, answers may not work for your specific setup.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions