Javascript page and automating caching variable number of pg

Find a consultant or advertise your services here
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
eddiew21

Javascript page and automating caching variable number of pg

Post by eddiew21 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:22 am

I am a trial subscriber.

I have a site with JAVASCRIPT that I have used iMacros' trial version to scrape. Depending on the number of results, determines the Number of "Next Pages" to grab.

I am able to tag two lines and extract them:

985 Records Found
Page 1 of 5

If I then Text to column in the extraction, I can then have a column with the number of records and the number of pages, which, should theoretically, let me know how many times to have the iMacro select Next.

I have built the extraction.

I have built the code for "Hitting Next 5 times" and caching each page.

How would you suggest I automate the "whole thing."

I am willing to pay $100 for a packaged solution - I give it a date range, it hands me the right number of pages cached for each date!!! Help!!!
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi,

With the scripting edition you can have a macro that clicks on the Next and if it is not there (or greyed out, or not a link) then it will return a message to say it was not able to click it. This will tell you that there a no more pages.

It seems you have all the macros you need for this solution, you just need to have a script to control how they are called, incorporating the above checking of the return code from the Next macro.

If you really want a solution that calculates how many times it needs to click next and only clicks it that many times, then you are looking at a more complicated script to parse the initial extracted values.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Hello,

now that you have everything in place, you should probably have a look at the example scripts that come with iMacros.
Using VBS it should not be a big deal, to call your macros in the right way (with conditionals, etc.).

If you want us to write the script, please open a support ticket (http://www.iopus.com/service/support/). We will then send you a custom quote (which will come to less than $100, I suppose).

Best,

Hannes
eddiew21

sent in a ticket

Post by eddiew21 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:48 pm

hannes,

I have sent in a ticket and referenced this board.

Please let me know what else I can send - take a look at ticket - it is pretty extensive.

Eddie