Simple Imacro Question (I think)

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
DYINGBREED

Simple Imacro Question (I think)

Post by DYINGBREED » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:52 am

I simply dont know what I'm doing. If This has been answered somewhere somehow, i appoligize. I can not find it.

SET !REPLAYSPEED MEDIUM
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:menu1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:menu3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:START
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:menu10
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:REFILL

I need line 5 ad only 5 to repete itself 5000 times without sticking 5000 lines in, freezing imacros. (yes iv tryed many times,no laughing).
anyone willing to help me with this? I do not believe there is a way for imacros with the tools it comes with. I am useing the chrome add on for this.

ps: Im not lazy and have spent many hours trying to research or figure it on my own with no success. even if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awsom. thank you
chivracq

Re: Simple Imacro Question (I think)

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:33 am

DYINGBREED wrote:I simply dont know what I'm doing. If This has been answered somewhere somehow, i appoligize. I can not find it.

Code: Select all

SET !REPLAYSPEED MEDIUM
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:menu1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:menu3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:START
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:menu10
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:REFILL
I need line 5 ad only 5 to repete itself 5000 times without sticking 5000 lines in, freezing imacros. (yes iv tryed many times,no laughing).
anyone willing to help me with this? I do not believe there is a way for imacros with the tools it comes with. I am useing the chrome add on for this.

ps: Im not lazy and have spent many hours trying to research or figure it on my own with no success. even if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awsom. thank you
Useless Thread Title... :mrgreen: No wonder you didn't find an Answer to your Question if you searched the Forum using "Simple Imacro Question"...

FCIM...! :mrgreen:

I don't understand what you mean with "I need line 5 ad only 5 to repete itself 5000 times..."...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
DYINGBREED

Post by DYINGBREED » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Thank you for your responce.

I did not search the forums with "simple imacro question" as I was clear upfront, I am ignorant, but not stupid.
I tried many varations of "how to loop a single line in imacros" . all I found was the obvious "use the loop button" but only wanted to loop a single line of the macro, not the entire thing.

I posted this exact same question elsewhere. the result was "You can use VBA with Imacros to achieve this." confirmed by another member with a pm.

I will try to refrain from posting my "useless threads" about imacros here, and contuine to use the other forums that seem willing to guide new users with helpful information and direction, rather then to take the opportunity to make them look stupid.

Good day
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:00 pm

DYINGBREED wrote:Thank you for your responce.

I did not search the forums with "simple imacro question" as I was clear upfront, I am ignorant, but not stupid.
I tried many varations of "how to loop a single line in imacros" . all I found was the obvious "use the loop button" but only wanted to loop a single line of the macro, not the entire thing.

I posted this exact same question elsewhere. the result was "You can use VBA with Imacros to achieve this." confirmed by another member with a pm.

I will try to refrain from posting my "useless threads" about imacros here, and contuine to use the other forums that seem willing to guide new users with helpful information and direction, rather then to take the opportunity to make them look stupid.

Good day
Your Thread is not useless, only the Title... which you can still edit to make it descriptive in order for other Users with a similar Question/Pb to find it...

This is a Technical Forum here, new Users are asked to read the Forum Rules which obviously you didn't do to know what required (Config) Info is needed to post on the Forum if you hope for any Answer...

Good luck with VBA and CR then, if that's an Answer you are happy with... :roll:
You could have mentioned the Link to your Thread on the "other" Forum, I checked Stackoverflow (that I rarely answer as I find the Quality of the Threads very poor... (for iMacros I mean...)) but couldn't find it...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
DYINGBREED

Post by DYINGBREED » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:55 pm

I didnt want to post another site here but since you asked.. http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-s ... lease.html Give em a try :p
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:41 pm

DYINGBREED wrote:I didnt want to post another site here but since you asked.. http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-s ... lease.html Give em a try :p
Yep, no Pb to post Links to other (Technical) Sites here with the purpose of providing a Solution/Answer to a Pb/Question asked on the Forum...

OK, I knew this Site, good that you managed to get some Answers, even if the first a bit proper Answer came from Post Nb6 ('THUNDERELVI') about using a .js Script, even if "Looping only a specific line is impossible in iMacros." is not exactly true (though it's a bit cumbersome to achieve, and I guess I'm the only one using that way...), but using a .js Script is the "normal" way to do so...
If you had used a Descriptive Title and mentioned your FCI, you would have had this Answer straightaway on this Forum... Remember that for a next time... :idea:
(But I still won't answer until you've corrected the things I mentioned for this current Thread..., as I answer Threads not only for the Person asking the Question but also for other Users in the future with a similar Pb who must be able to find the Thread... and the Solution. But even if you managed to find a Solution ("I am all set 'xxx' but thank you!" after 'xxx' offered you to make your Script...), you didn't share it, which is another Show-Stopper for me... :idea:

Another untrue thing mentioned in that Thread (on your BlackHat Forum) is the "Limit" about 5000 Lines... I use daily a 12,000 Line .iim Macro that just runs fine (even if I've recently split it in 4 .iim Macros (3,500 + 4,500 + 3,500 + 500 Lines (each Macro calling the next one directly)) because I sometimes need to run either part separately... But a 12,000 Line .iim Macro will be loaded (=parsed) in about 3-8 sec (8 sec because I have some other independent .js Script (not iMacros..., running 24-7 since 10 months and doing 80-120cps (Clicks per Sec)) and just runs fine.
For the fun, I even tested a few months ago in some Thread on this Forum with a 50,000+ Line .iim Macro, and it runs just fine, even if loading/parsing it takes about 45 sec (using iMacros for FF (v8.8.2) on my about 6 years old Pentium Dual-Core 2.1GHz Laptop with 4Gb RAM running Win7-x64... (Oh...!, and I had 500+ Tabs open (about 50 loaded...) when I did my Test, so I guess the 45 sec could probably be drastically reduced with a "fresh" Browser...)