it seams that using variables are still not working ?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
roneny1

it seams that using variables are still not working ?

Post by roneny1 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:09 pm

is it correct ?

I'm trying to fill form by using work i.e. skill and number
every time the loop starts again i want to add the number +1
but when I'm trying to use the !LOOP variable or regular variable it's not working.

any ideas how can i accomplish it ?

thanks in advanced
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:17 am

Hi,

Could you send us the macro you are using. That may help us to understand what you are trying to achieve and enable us to help you with this.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
roneny1

Post by roneny1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:53 am

Hi

first i tried using the 'iLOOP' option with no success
i.e.
VERSION BUILD=5200814 RECORDER=FF
URL GOTO=https://.......
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=NAME:button&&VALUE:New<SP>Skill<SP>Group
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:skillDetails ATTR=NAME:name CONTENT=Skill<SP>{{iLOOP}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:skillDetails ATTR=NAME:description CONTENT=Skill<SP>{{iLOOP}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:skillDetails ATTR=NAME:button&&VALUE:Update

is there a way i can do it with variables ?

thanks
roneny1

Post by roneny1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:39 pm

another thing that I tried:

VERSION BUILD=5200814 RECORDER=FF
SET !VAR1 2
URL GOTO=https://....
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=NAME:button&&VALUE:New<SP>Skill<SP>Group
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:skillDetails ATTR=NAME:name CONTENT=Skill{{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:skillDetails ATTR=NAME:description CONTENT=Skill{{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:skillDetails ATTR=NAME:button&&VALUE:Update

still with no success
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 am

Hi,

There is a built-in variable '!LOOP' which should be used rather than 'iLOOP'. More on this can be found in our online user manual:

http://www.iopus.com/imacros/help/var_loop.htm

There have been some issues with the use of variables in the Firefox version. These should be resolve in the new version that will be available for download shortly.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support