[V9B1] iMacros 9.0 beta 1 doesn't work (no icon) in Aurora

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sightunseen

[V9B1] iMacros 9.0 beta 1 doesn't work (no icon) in Aurora

Post by sightunseen » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:02 am

I'm using Firefox Aurora with iMacros. Recently it stopped working so I upgraded to 2015-11-05 V9.0 BETA 1. Now no icon appears. I've checked and double-checked and also installed in a clean profile. "Enable multi-process" is disabled in my regular profile but I tried it with multi-process enabled and there was no difference. If there is a beta thread to report these issues please let me know, I wasn't sure where to post this. Thanks
sightunseen

Re: iMacros 9.0 beta 1 doesn't work (no icon) in Aurora

Post by sightunseen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Can Tom or someone on the iMacros team give a response on this? Any chance we'll get a workaround or fix? I have no problems with editing the xpi I just need someone to tell me exactly what to do to get it working. Thanks
Tech Support

Re: iMacros 9.0 beta 1 doesn't work (no icon) in Aurora

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:58 am

Sorry for the delay, but the issue is noticed now. Once we have a fix for it I will update this post.
sightunseen

Re: [V9B1] iMacros 9.0 beta 1 doesn't work (no icon) in Auro

Post by sightunseen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:34 am

I know you said you'd update the post but I just want to make sure you didn't forget about this.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:44 am

Hi sightunseen,

Thanks for the reminder! The latest v9 beta has just been published to our wiki, read more about it here in this post.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Hi sightunseen,

Thanks for the reminder! The latest v9 beta has just been published to our wiki, read more about it here in this post.
Tom, Tech Support wrote:iMacros for Firefox V9 BETA 2 released

by Tom, Tech Support on 12 Feb 2016, 12:40
Hi everyone,

As some of you may already know, the transition from iMacros for Firefox 8.x to iMacros for Firefox 9 is a major upgrade to add compatibility with the upcoming "multi-process" version of Firefox (codename Electrolysis, e10s). iMacros is no longer a "legacy add-on" but a modern restartless add-on. :D

:arrow: Click here to download

Fixes in the beta 2 release:

iMacros icon is back on the Firefox toolbar and works
"Scroll to object when found" option works properly

See the version history for additional information.

Please report any found issues in the iMacros for Firefox Forum and use [V9] as part of your subject line. Note that this version also works just fine in the regular, classic Firefox mode. But then, there is no advantage as compared to the current V8.94 production version.
Quoting the Announcement from the 'News and Announcements' Sub-Forum here as it's not possible to reply in the other Sub-Forum..., but "the current V8.94 production version" is incorrect... Current Prod Version is v8.9.6 (and not v8.9.4) even if this (v8.9.6) Version is not even mentioned on the Version History Page. (v8.9.6 brought FF44 Support.)

And it's a pity that Info (+ Date) for v9 Beta 1 has disappeared, it will be interesting in a few years to know when v9 was introduced... and to see what is changing between each (Beta) Version(s)...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi chivracq,

Nice catch! I was not aware that version history was not yet published for 8.9.6, I'll take care of that straightaway. As far as historical beta information, we typically don't keep the history for it (only the current beta, if any). Once the production version is released, then we only document the history for that version.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:01 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Thanks for the reminder! The latest v9 beta has just been published to our wiki, read more about it here in this post.
Thanks, I will be sure to try it. There is no way to download it encrypted https and it doesn't appear to be signed so can you confirm the sha256 hash please? This is what I get:
f625f0cbc9928073d4e9ca7ae1d4e354e0f8d13edcd81949c5b1e38a975df8f6
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:22 am

sightunseen wrote:There is no way to download it encrypted https and it doesn't appear to be signed so can you confirm the sha256 hash please? This is what I get:
f625f0cbc9928073d4e9ca7ae1d4e354e0f8d13edcd81949c5b1e38a975df8f6
Can staff confirm this hash please?
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello, before I can use your beta I need someone at the company to confirm that hash is the right one for the beta you released. Thanks