Tag with Direct Screen, Open in new tab

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Spini

Tag with Direct Screen, Open in new tab

Post by Spini » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:09 am

I try make a comande for open a x,y direct click on a new tab, am not realy good for program

So my question is how Tag a element with
IMAGESEARCH POS=1 IMAGE=sample.png CONFIDENCE=85
DS CMD=MOVETO X={!IMAGEX} Y={!IMAGEY}

OR

How extract a HREF from a image validation for open in a new tab :)

Ty for help
Edoctoor

Re: Tag with Direct Screen, Open in new tab

Post by Edoctoor » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:40 am

If you don't say your browser, your operating system, or your version of iMacros... some of the forum members will be just as lazy.. and won't provide you with an answer as quickly as you would wish.. this is the first thing I have learned about forums... that said.

Try recording ... and locate Record options/mode and try all the different modes.. you can change modes in the one macro... so you can test all the modes... just click on image, change mode... and repeat... other than that I have never done what you have done .. but it should be so easy... but you can also try watching a video tutorials and locate help.. there is so much well documented help that is written with clear examples.. it would be hard not to learn... best regards.

Code: Select all

SET !VAR1 {{!URLCURRENT}}
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!VAR1}}

Code: Select all

' open a webpage in the first tab 
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com 
' open a new tab 
TAB OPEN 
' get new tab to foreground 
TAB T=2 
' load another page 
URL GOTO=http://www.google.com 
' close the second tab 
TAB CLOSE 
TAB T=1
Here are two examples...
iMacros Version 11.0.246.4051
Browser FireFox 42.0
OS Windows 7 Home Premium - Service Pack 1

Before starting a topic please read the following; thank you!
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331#p8799
Spini

Re: Tag with Direct Screen, Open in new tab

Post by Spini » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:23 am

Ok am using imacro browser 10 and the problem is because i have no choise to use image wizard because name, url, x/y position of target is never same

so it is possible to use Dc cmd=click for open in new tab ?

copy HREF of target to a var and open new tab URL goto={{!VAR1}} or similar method

i cant use html attributes to identify target :S

maybe with javascript argument