iMacros stop responding in Firefox

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
onsecrethunt

iMacros stop responding in Firefox

Post by onsecrethunt » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:36 am

Hi,

iMacros stop working in Firefox as whenever I click on any button it won't respond. Anyone can help me to solve this issue. I also attached the gif screenshot of the issue

iMacros Version: VERSION BUILD=8871104 RECORDER=FX
Firefox Version: 44.0b1

Thanks
Attachments
iMacros not working on Firefox
iMacros not working on Firefox
chivracq

Re: iMacros stop responding in Firefox

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:01 am

onsecrethunt wrote:Hi,

iMacros stop working in Firefox as whenever I click on any button it won't respond. Anyone can help me to solve this issue. I also attached the gif screenshot of the issue

Code: Select all

iMacros Version: VERSION BUILD=8871104 RECORDER=FX
Firefox Version: 44.0b1
Thanks
Yep..., I've approved your Post/Thread because no Spam and your Post/Thread is correctly formulated with FCI but there are already 2 Threads on the Forum about your Pb (with Solution/Explanation...), there was no real need to start a new Thread, search the Forum a bit... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
onsecrethunt

Post by onsecrethunt » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:20 am

iMacros working on 41.0 Firefox versions but not in 44.0
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:59 pm

onsecrethunt wrote:iMacros working on 41.0 Firefox versions but not in 44.0
Yep I know, it's all mentioned already in the 2 other Threads... Did you locate them btw...? One was just the next Thread in line after yours on the same Sub-Forum, I've just bumped it and referred to your Thread, so you should find it easily...

I didn't completely pay attention but there is stg a bit unclear about your FCI, as you mention using iMacros for FF v8.8.7 which is fairly old (about 1 year old maybe), Current Version is v8.9.4 and TechSup will always ask you to first update to the latest Current Version... But you'll encounter the same Pb in this Current Version as well, and in v9.0 Beta as well.

v8.9.4 works until FF43 and is broken in FF44. (But for the last 15 FF Versions, nearly each new FF Version broke stg in iMacros for FF.)

Could you clarify/confirm which Version you are really using...? (And not which Version you were using when you created your Script...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:13 pm

Hello, this issue is fixed. iMacros was using an obsolete js construction which they seem to have finally removed in Firefox v44

The new version V8.9.6 is not yet approved by Mozilla, but you can download it already from the version page:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-8.9.6

Or: Use our shiny new iMacros Version 9.0 Beta 1

And: Happy Holidays :D

Mathias
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 am

Tech Support wrote:Hello, this issue is fixed. iMacros was using an obsolete js construction which they seem to have finally removed in Firefox v44

The new version V8.9.6 is not yet approved by Mozilla, but you can download it already from the version page:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-8.9.6

Or: Use our shiny new iMacros Version 9.0 Beta 1

And: Happy Holidays :D

Mathias
Discussion and Comments in the main Thread about this Issue which contains 10 times more Info than in this current Duplicate...
Main Thread: - Inactive iMacros interface
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:39 am

That was fast: The iMacros 8.9.6 update is approved and available as regular download:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-firefox/

chivracq: topic locked as duplicate, thanks for the hint.