Can iMacros send SMS, E-Mail and mobile push notifications?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Can iMacros send SMS, E-Mail and mobile push notificati

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:01 pm

wemersonrv wrote:
chivracq wrote:My Experience is that the FF JavaScript Engine is very "Mono-Tasking" when running 2 Macros (same or different Macro(s)) in 2 FF Instances within the same FF Profile... => It works better if you use 2 different Profiles...
Well... i will do a test with it and see if works on my macro!

Thanks!
FF Profile Manager...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
wemersonrv

Post by wemersonrv » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Not works because Firefox need to run one or other profile... not two profilers at same time.
Wemerson Guimaraes
Rio Verde - GO, Brazil
Just an iMacros curious
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:21 pm

wemersonrv wrote:Not works because need to run one or other profile... not two profilers at same time.
Euh...!, nope! I constantly use FF with 3 different Profiles at the same time, well.. Pale Moon but it's forked on FF, with different Macros running concurrently in all 3 Profiles and sometimes even several Macros in different FF Instances in the same Profile if they won't interfere with each other (Cookies and so..., 'FILTER' which is Profile-wide, etc...)... According to the FAQ, you can even have 50 FF Profiles with each one 1 Macro running at the same time...

The only "tricky" part I found is when using a '.BAT' File (launched from the Task Scheduler in my case), if FF is not running already, it only works correctly with the Default Profile, and you can only have 1 Default Profile, sic...! But I can manage all my completely automated Macros with the Task Scheduler using the Default Profile and all other Macros (launched manually) using the 2 other Profiles... And it works just fine...

My Default Profile actually always runs, as I've been running for about 1.5 years 24/7 some JavaScript Script (no iMacros) doing 100 Clicks per Second on some stupid Cookie (CookieClicker), oops...! I have a Counter/Meter on that Script and I see the Performance going down when some iMacros ('.iim') Script runs in that Instance or some other Instance in the same Profile...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
wemersonrv

Post by wemersonrv » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm not understand how to do it, because when select a profile using firefox.exe -p works only with the selected profile

Then when i try to call firefox, it still remain in the selected profile... and to change the profile i need to close all firefox windows and run firefox.exe -p again to change the profile... and run only on new selected profile.

There must be some way to run two different profiles at the same time but I do not know how
Wemerson Guimaraes
Rio Verde - GO, Brazil
Just an iMacros curious
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:31 pm

wemersonrv wrote:I'm not understand how to do it, because when select a profile using firefox.exe -p works only with the selected profile

Then when i try to call firefox, it still remain in the selected profile... and to change the profile i need to close all firefox windows and run firefox.exe -p again to change the profile... and run only on new selected profile.

There must be some way to run two different profiles at the same time but I do not know how
Yep, normal, if you launch FF with 'firefox.exe -p', that means that you want to start FF with a Profile, but you don't specify which one, so FF comes up with the 'Select Profile GUI' for you to select which Profile you want... You need to specify which Profile you want after the '-p' Switch.

For myself, I actually use 3 FF Shortcuts (the first one is the Default one that I call as well from the Task Manager):
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p default
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p JFC_Main -no-remote
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p JFC_KL -no-remote

And my 'profiles.ini' (in 'Users\chivracq\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\firefox\' (Path is approx, mix of FF and PM...!)) looks like this:

Code: Select all

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/yy8yzhlq.default

[Profile1]
Name=JFC_Main
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/b4qy6p27.JFC_KL
Default=1

[Profile2]
Name=JFC_KL
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/94l4rk6i.JFC_CC
wemersonrv

Post by wemersonrv » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Not works here.

As you can see on the image below, on left is macro "server" and at right is macro "client". Macro "server" works fine till run macro "client"... then server freezes till stop macro "client".

My shortcuts:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p iMacros-Server
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p iMacros-Client
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p default-1457643438915

Code: Select all

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default-1457643438915
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/y6vu2teq.default-1457643438915
Default=1

[Profile1]
Name=iMacros-Server
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/4roaviry.iMacros Server

[Profile2]
Name=iMacros Message Client
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/gmpopaf6.Novo perfil
Wemerson Guimaraes
Rio Verde - GO, Brazil
Just an iMacros curious
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:19 am

Hum..., looks nice, and looks correct, but I don't really know...

2 things could play a Role, INPUT Fields cannot most of the time be extracted, or only using the EVENT Mode and some Workaround, and your both Macros do use the same Page but each in their own Session.
The 2nd thing is that you could try using some Temp File instead of the Clipboard for the Communication, as I discovered (and exploited for some very interesting Workaround for another Bug), iMacros has a "strange Relationship" with the OS Clipboard and I discovered one Bug but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some more...! :roll:
Here is the (interesting) Thread where I demonstrated it and "misused" it for some other Purpose:
- PROMPT Messagebox - Yes - No - Cancel (end)
The naughty though versatile Clipboard only comes in action on Page 2 of the Thread... :P