best CPU/MB/RAM for iMacros for FireFox in background/multit

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
questions

best CPU/MB/RAM for iMacros for FireFox in background/multit

Post by questions » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:52 am

I'm getting a new PC running Ubuntu and I would like to know which is the best CPU for running iMacros for FireFox in the background while I do other things like:

1) ssh connections to servers
2) firefox, chrome, opera with a lot of tabs open
3) watch videos on YouTube
4) run text editors, wordprocessors, Gimp, sometimes edit a video
5) running python, perl, and php scripts from terminal
6) having a lot of applications open at the same time (graphics editors, word processor, video editor, 3 or more different browsers, ssh and vpn connections, vmware instances)

My biggest problem with my old PC was that it couldn't take the number of tabs and other programs that I would open (I could get 100 tabs open easily and 10 or more programs/apps open) and it would be nice to have my PC be doing stuff with iMacros while I write emails and do other stuff without bogging down my system.

So I want to know what is the best CPU/RAM setup for this kind of multitasking... is the CPU more important or the amount of RAM? I'm basically looking at the 6700k, the 4770k, and the 5960k.
Cobra99

Re: best CPU/MB/RAM for iMacros for FireFox in background/mu

Post by Cobra99 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:09 pm

i think 32gb ram is minimum for your purposes
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331