Not recognising delete button

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Not recognising delete button

Post by chivracq » Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

lam wrote:Trying on the main page of the group to delete posts, but the run is not reconconising the delete post command on the pop up box, any suggestions?

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10.2.26.4235
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=https://www.facebook.com/groups/445942472116497/
TAG POS=55 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:https://www.facebook.com/groups/445942472116497/#
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>Post
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ajax/groups/mall/delete.php ATTR=TXT:Delete
Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "DIV:" with attribute(s) "TXT:Delete Post".. Line 6: TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>Post
Hum, interesting "Word"...: "reconconising"

But..., pfff..., I don't know, I'm the Admin of some FB-Group as well, but I can't really go "experimenting" with deleting Posts, we don't get Spam, and if I post some "fake" Post(s) to delete for a Test, I will get 10x10 Replies from my Group Users, oops, and I don't want that, so sorry, no idea, I need to be able to "play" myself with a Page to come up with a Solution with iMacros... :(
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
lam

Post by lam » Sat May 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Ok chivracq you may join the group, you may PM me your id so i know who you are.

I suppose i may use firefox if you are as well?

Thanks
Windows 7
Firefox 47
iMacros add on for firefox
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 28, 2016 2:40 pm

lam wrote:Ok chivracq you may join the group, you may PM me your id so i know who you are.

I suppose i may use firefox if you are as well?

Thanks
Join Group... => Pending... ('chivracq' is my real name...)

But, going away now for a 2 day Festival (Ska & Rockabilly) , back on Su. evening / Monday..., I won't have time before, I expect...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
lam

Post by lam » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:46 pm

ok im in FF now.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_0_2j

Each dropdown in a post is named different, so won't reconise the next one, even if i chance to u_0_2* its still no good?

I added you to the group chivracq!
Windows 7
Firefox 47
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:17 pm

lam wrote:ok im in FF now.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_0_2j

Each dropdown in a post is named different, so won't reconise the next one, even if i chance to u_0_2* its still no good?

I added you to the group chivracq!
Yep, I had noticed you had made me Admin of your FB-Group but I didn't find the time to have a look and I didn't know which Posts you wanted to delete, but OK, I managed now to have a look, without actually deleting any Post, so I didn't test the Final "Delete" Statement ('Cancel' in my Script), but the following Script seems to work for me, if for example you want to delete the Posts from this 'Ian Dollin' User:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO

SET Name_Poster "Ian Dollin"

'URL GOTO=https://www.facebook.com/groups/445942472116497/

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:VENICE<SP>TANNING<SP>&<SP>SUPPLEMENTS<SP>RUSH<SP>PARK,<SP>NE*

SET !EXTRACT NULL
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Ian<SP>Dollin EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:{{Name_Poster}} EXTRACT=TXT

'Use Relative Positioning (R-1) to open the 'Pin/Delete Post' DD-Menu:
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_0_73 // (Recorded)
TAG POS=R-1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:u_*
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
'PAUSE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Cancel
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ajax/groups/mall/delete.php ATTR=TXT:Delete
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.1.1 (=FF43), Win10-x64.)

I simply use the Name of the Poster as an Anchor for Relative Positioning ('R-1') and a Wildcard to open the 'Pin/Delete Post' Drop-Down Menu.

It's possible to use some part of the Text in the Post as well as the Anchor instead of the name of the Poster ('R-1' as well):

TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:VENICE<SP>TANNING<SP>&<SP>SUPPLEMENTS<SP>RUSH<SP>PARK,<SP>NE*
'Etc...
lam

Post by lam » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Aww, wanted to delete all posts.

No worries,i'm in no hurry.
Windows 7
Firefox 47
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:59 pm

lam wrote:Aww, wanted to delete all posts.

No worries,i'm in no hurry.
Ah OK, well, then simply use the Date Link of the Post as Anchor:

TAB T=1

SET Name_Poster "Ian Dollin"

'URL GOTO=https://www.facebook.com/groups/445942472116497/

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:VENICE<SP>TANNING<SP>&<SP>SUPPLEMENTS<SP>RUSH<SP>PARK,<SP>NE*

'Use Poster as Anchor:
SET !EXTRACT NULL
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:{{Name_Poster}} EXTRACT=TXT

'Use Date Post as Anchor:
SET !EXTRACT NULL
'TAG POS=3 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:22<SP>March EXTRACT=HTM
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:*&&CLASS:"timestampContent" EXTRACT=TXT

WAIT SECONDS=0.5
'PAUSE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Cancel
'TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ajax/groups/mall/delete.php ATTR=TXT:Delete
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.1.1 (=FF43), Win10-x64.)

And I guess you probably don't even need to specify an Anchor to use with Relative Positioning if you want to delete all Posts...
The Purpose of using Relative Positioning was precisely to be able to specify precisely which Posts to delete to avoid deleting Posts that you wanted to keep...
lam

Post by lam » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:05 pm

I got this far, but still did not get it to work;

error 921 for this line ; TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>Post
-----------

TAB T=1

'SET Name_Poster "Ian Dollin"

'Use Poster as Anchor:
'SET !EXTRACT NULL

SET !EXTRACT NULL

WAIT SECONDS=2.5
'PAUSE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Delete
Windows 7
Firefox 47
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:24 pm

lam wrote:I got this far, but still did not get it to work;

error 921 for this line ; TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Delete<SP>Post
-----------

TAB T=1

'SET Name_Poster "Ian Dollin"

'Use Poster as Anchor:
'SET !EXTRACT NULL

SET !EXTRACT NULL

WAIT SECONDS=2.5
'PAUSE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Delete
Hum, I had noticed that some (recent) Hidden Post(s...?) was/were sometimes found by iMacros with 'POS=1' for this Line:

=> So maybe using 'POS=2' (or even 'POS=3'...) might be more reliable than 'POS=1', you will only have to delete the very first Post manually after the Script has finished running...
And using '!ERRORIGNORE' will keep the Script running, if the Problem is just temporary that the Page didn't reload correctly...
lam

Post by lam » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Added the error ignore.

Changed the POS to 2, 3 and even 8 (if 8 even works anway) still nothing.
Windows 7
Firefox 47
VERSION BUILD=8970419
lam

Post by lam » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Been reading other posts, and i've added my data. You can also delete at will, posts on my group if needed!
Windows 7
Firefox 47
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:48 am

lam wrote:Been reading other posts, and i've added my data. You can also delete at will, posts on my group if needed!
Yep sorry, was a bit sick for the last 3 days, slept 55h out of 60h, could only find the "Energy" to approve New (Legit) Threads, but not to answer any..., I'm back to normal if you are worrying, no need then...!, but just back now from a whole evening DJ-VJ'ing (my main IRL "Occupation" (DJ CaptainSpank on FB), I'll have a look "tomorrow" after some sleep again...!

Oh and perfect if I can DELETE a gogo, because indeed until now, I could only "fake" delete ONE Msg, without really deleting it, so I didn't really know how the FB-Group Page behaved after a "real" Delete... OK, will investigate that a bit further tomorrow...
(But to be honest, I don't expect it to be very difficult, a bit surprised actually you didn't come out by yourself, I would think I already gave you all the "Tools-and-Tricks" to use... Oky...!, I always have some extra-hidden-Tricks-in-case-you-never-know, but I didn't think any was needed in this Case...)
lam

Post by lam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:22 am

So i got it done in the end, with the X & Y. So thanks again to chivracq for the suggestion.

Although what i know now what i didn't know then (at the start of this thread) is, if i had used a wait step to wait on the pop-up it may have worked.

So deleting posts from the FB group, i got macro to do a round of 10 deletes then start the loop again, but after about 80 or so deletes i got locked out. FB hid all the rest of the posts. They appeared back after 24 hours, so then i made my macro a lot slower and with different wait times so as to imitate a human. I set it up for 100 loops, but it did approximately 56 of those loops and i got locked out again.The other posts still have not re-appeared after about 5 days. They are there, hidden, if i do a simple search for "Car", several dozen or more posts appear. O well at least the most recent posts are gone which was my objective.

Learning more from this, i just used a different macro to fill the same form a few times, sweet.
Windows 7
Firefox 47
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 am

lam wrote:So i got it done in the end, with the X & Y. So thanks again to chivracq for the suggestion.

Although what i know now what i didn't know then (at the start of this thread) is, if i had used a wait step to wait on the pop-up it may have worked.

So deleting posts from the FB group, i got macro to do a round of 10 deletes then start the loop again, but after about 80 or so deletes i got locked out. FB hid all the rest of the posts. They appeared back after 24 hours, so then i made my macro a lot slower and with different wait times so as to imitate a human. I set it up for 100 loops, but it did approximately 56 of those loops and i got locked out again.The other posts still have not re-appeared after about 5 days. They are there, hidden, if i do a simple search for "Car", several dozen or more posts appear. O well at least the most recent posts are gone which was my objective.

Learning more from this, i just used a different macro to fill the same form a few times, sweet.
Oh yeah, sorry I had let you a bit down, I had had another look at your Group after my last Post but that was not very concluding and new Threads kept coming in on the Forum and I never dug again into the mud, which is maybe a good thing because my Scripts are always optimized for Efficiency and Speed so I would have been locked as well and you could have blamed me, oops...!

But I have a Link saying "See all 95 sale posts", but clicking on it only shows (the last I guess) 6 of them...

And I see a:
57 posts need approval
157 people want to join this group
But good to know about getting locked, I had already heard about it...