9.0.3 Issues and Feedback

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rmiller5349

Post by rmiller5349 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:20 am

I am using iMacros version 9.0.3 with Firefox 48.0 on Windows 10 x64.

I have seen this problem before and it seems the latest version has brought it back.

I am starting an iim file via a batch file and the code continues to loop. I DO NOT have any loops in the program code. Here is the basic structure to the code:

Sample code 1
Sample code 2
Sample code 3
URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Sample.js

The code iteration loops around Sample code 1,2,3. URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Sample.js DOES NOT ever call Sample.js
DDon

Post by DDon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 am

Windows 10 Firefox 48.

Ctrl + C show the imacro pannel - I don't need this, my work require me to copy all day long.

I didn't test properly but I found my code didn't work properly. I roll back immediately as I fell everything just broke down.

Edit: I use 2 profile, another profile ( not many addon) doesn't have Ctrl C issue. The main profile still have ctrl c issue after I try the new update again. Please advise what information you need to fix this?

Thank you.
Last edited by DDon on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
josecuervo

Re: 9.0.3 Issues and Feedback

Post by josecuervo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:29 am

I cannot use imns, always give me error callback: imns is not defined

And when i use toFixed() with integer variable, it always display NaN..

Please fix it
jpwags

Post by jpwags » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:34 am

Also using 9.0.3 with FireFox 48.0 Win 10 x64.
Just upgraded to FIreFox 48.0

Using Autoit ShellExecuteWait($iMacroSCRIPT)
Where $iMacroSCRIPT = 'imacros://run/?code=' & _Base64Encode($sImBedMacro)
This code has been running for some time in many scripts with different IMacro scripts imbedded.
Firefox does open, but the iMacros run command is never invoked.

Any suggestions on using back level FIreFox or IMacros?
Thanks for any input
jpwags

- Downgraded Firefox to 47.0.1 and still will not run is not invoked. Forgot to note that just upgraded to Windows 10 build 14393 in addition to FireFox 48.0 upgrade.

- Temp solution - downgraded to Windows 10 pro 10586, FF 47.0.1 and iMacros for FF 8.9.7
All user code now working as before.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:05 pm

DDon wrote:Windows 10 Firefox 48.

Ctrl + C show the imacro pannel - I don't need this, my work require me to copy all day long.

I didn't test properly but I found my code didn't work properly. I roll back immediately as I fell everything just broke down.

Edit: I use 2 profile, another profile ( not many addon) doesn't have Ctrl C issue. The main profile still have ctrl c issue after I try the new update again. Please advise what information you need to fix this?

Thank you.
Hi DDon,

We haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. I would recommend reinstalling iMacros in the profile that is having the issue, or using a different profile altogether. Perhaps it is another add-on in that profile that is conflicting with iMacros?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:08 pm

josecuervo wrote:I cannot use imns, always give me error callback: imns is not defined

And when i use toFixed() with integer variable, it always display NaN..

Please fix it
Unfortuntaly, the iMacros namespace is no longer available due to constraints of the new Firefox multiprocess architecture. Please see the release announcement for more information.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

When posting issues here, please let us know whether Multiproces Windows is enabled in your Firefox.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:35 pm

jpwags wrote:Where $iMacroSCRIPT = 'imacros://run/?code=' & _Base64Encode($sImBedMacro)
This code has been running for some time in many scripts with different IMacro scripts imbedded.
Firefox does open, but the iMacros run command is never invoked.
Thanks for the report jpwags! I've logged this one for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:51 pm

rmiller5349 wrote:I am using iMacros version 9.0.3 with Firefox 48.0 on Windows 10 x64.

I have seen this problem before and it seems the latest version has brought it back.

I am starting an iim file via a batch file and the code continues to loop. I DO NOT have any loops in the program code. Here is the basic structure to the code:

Sample code 1
Sample code 2
Sample code 3
URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Sample.js

The code iteration loops around Sample code 1,2,3. URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Sample.js DOES NOT ever call Sample.js
Hi rmiller5349,

I couldn't reproduce this, but you do not provide any details about how you are performing the looping. As a test, I used the following macro, which I then called from the command line:

#Current.iim:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/
WAIT SECONDS=2
URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Demo-Firefox%5CSI-Send-Macro-Code.js
Command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=#Current.iim
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
DDon

Post by DDon » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:19 am

All profile have no E10S.

For the 2nd profile, only 2 add on install - iMacro and ReloadEvery.

I have bookmark the .js file on the bookmark toolbar, the first run from the bookmark works fine, but It doesn't work then, I have to completed restart Firefox if I would like to run the code from bookmark. It can run if I open from the iMacro panel if I don't want to restart FF. Also, shift F2 doesn't open the Firefox console to restart Firefox, instead it pop out iMacro panel.

Thanks
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:09 pm

DDon wrote:All profile have no E10S.

For the 2nd profile, only 2 add on install - iMacro and ReloadEvery.

I have bookmark the .js file on the bookmark toolbar, the first run from the bookmark works fine, but It doesn't work then, I have to completed restart Firefox if I would like to run the code from bookmark. It can run if I open from the iMacro panel if I don't want to restart FF. Also, shift F2 doesn't open the Firefox console to restart Firefox, instead it pop out iMacro panel.

Thanks
Hi DDon,

Would you please open a support ticket for your case and send us your .js file. You won't be able to send the file when you submit the ticket, but after you get the auto-reply you can reply and attach the file. Please give the file a .txt extension so that it does not get blocked by email filters.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
cpeab

Re: 9.0.3 Issues and Feedback - Pb with data extraction

Post by cpeab » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 am

Windows 7
Firefox 48.0
Multiprocess windows disabled

I'm having problems with data extraction.

When the extraction anchor is not found, an error is returned by the TAG COMMAND (Retry timeout, line: 12 (Error code: -1001)) and nothing is stored in the !EXTRACT variable while with the older versions of imacro the !EXTRACT variable used to hold the string #EANF#?

With !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP is YES, the popup shows first EANF and then the error occurs

I didn't read any change about this in the release notice.

Thank you for your help...
arun.testing3

Post by arun.testing3 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:57 am

Is the support for URL GOTO=javascript:... is completely removed from version 9.0.3?
I am getting a page load time-out when running the following script.

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://mywebpage.com
URL GOTO="javascript:console.log('hello');"
Airmanbzh

Post by Airmanbzh » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:51 am

Hello,

Since this update, and due to the suppression of the imns namespace, we can't access to the path of the current macro. Is there a way to get this ?
And, maybe, some other properties ? (path of datasource, path of download, etc)

Tom, Tech Support

Re: 9.0.3 Issues and Feedback - Pb with data extraction

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:25 am

cpeab wrote:Windows 7
Firefox 48.0
Multiprocess windows disabled

I'm having problems with data extraction.

When the extraction anchor is not found, an error is returned by the TAG COMMAND (Retry timeout, line: 12 (Error code: -1001)) and nothing is stored in the !EXTRACT variable while with the older versions of imacro the !EXTRACT variable used to hold the string #EANF#?

With !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP is YES, the popup shows first EANF and then the error occurs

I didn't read any change about this in the release notice.

Thank you for your help...
Hi cpeab,

Thanks for reporting this here! I've confirmed that this is a legitimate bug in 9.0.3 and have logged the issue for further investigation by the development team.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support