ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
darkice

ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Post by darkice » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi,

We use DevExpress components and are trying to record them with iMacros Chrome Extension.
In the iMacros Chrome Extension we have set that it should select by CSS selector ( On id is also not working ) with the Conventional Recording Mode ( also tried Expirimental same result )

1. We visit the url https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
2. We start a recording.
3. We then select an item from the list.
4. We stop the recording.

We have the following Macro

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(2)"

When we play the macro the page is refreshed and the selected item in the list is not restored.

Is this not possible or do we need a different setting? We need help :)

Thanks in advance.
chivracq

Re: ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 am

darkice wrote:Hi,

We use DevExpress components and are trying to record them with iMacros Chrome Extension.
In the iMacros Chrome Extension we have set that it should select by CSS selector ( On id is also not working ) with the Conventional Recording Mode ( also tried Expirimental same result )

1. We visit the url https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
2. We start a recording.
3. We then select an item from the list.
4. We stop the recording.

We have the following Macro

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditorsDemos/ASPxComboBox/MultiColumn.aspx
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(2)"
When we play the macro the page is refreshed and the selected item in the list is not restored.

Is this not possible or do we need a different setting? We need help :)

Thanks in advance.
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, all Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)
=> Probable FCI: iMacros for CR v8.44, CR52...?, OS...?

But hum, I had a look at your Script and Site using iMacros for FF (v8.8.2) which is my fav Browser/Version for which this new 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode has not been implemented yet, it is only available for iMacros for CR v8.44, I think, and using the EVENT Mode (without ID), here is what I get recorded (and which works as well on Replay):

'Row Nb 1 ('Alejandra Camino'):
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD" BUTTON=0

'Row Nb 3 ('Ana Trujillo'):
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(3)>TD" BUTTON=0

'Row Nb 6 ('Ann Devon'):
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(6)>TD" BUTTON=0
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.)

This TAG SELECTOR Mode for CR is very new and could be still a bit buggy, and I didn't have a chance to play with it yet, but you could try:

'Select Row Nb to select:
SET Row_Nb 3

URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditorsDemos/ASPxComboBox/MultiColumn.aspx

'Open DDLB:
'TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"

'Select Row in DDLB:
'TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(2)"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type({{Row_Nb}})>TD"
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
darkice

Re: ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Post by darkice » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:53 am

Hi Chivracq,

I am using iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4, Chrome version (52.0.2743.116 m) on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
But I cannot get it to work even with your macro.

FireFox Test.

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
TAG POS=193 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... 1_35-Znvbd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Familia<SP>Arquibaldo
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:The<SP>DevExpress<SP>ASP.NET<SP>Autocomplete<SP>Combo<SP>Box*

Using iMacros for FireFox 9.0.3 FireFox Version (48.0) on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
In the recording options I have unchecked Favor element Ids in selectors.

Yes I am a noob :) lol

Thanks Martijn