9.0.3 Issues and Feedback

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom, Tech Support

Re: 9.0.3 Issues and Feedback

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:45 am

arun.testing3 wrote:Is the support for URL GOTO=javascript:... is completely removed from version 9.0.3?
Unfortunately, yes.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:34 am

Airmanbzh wrote:Hello,

Since this update, and due to the suppression of the imns namespace, we can't access to the path of the current macro. Is there a way to get this ?
And, maybe, some other properties ? (path of datasource, path of download, etc)

Hi Airmanbzh,

I'm afraid that the only path property that is available now is !FOLDER_DATASOURCE. This has long been one of my own complaints, that we don't provide corresponding !FOLDER_DOWNLOADS and !FOLDER_MACROS variables. I put a feature request in a long time ago for this, so I'll dig that up and blow the dust off of it to see if development considers it again now.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:44 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Airmanbzh wrote:Hello,

Since this update, and due to the suppression of the imns namespace, we can't access to the path of the current macro. Is there a way to get this ?
And, maybe, some other properties ? (path of datasource, path of download, etc)

Hi Airmanbzh,

I'm afraid that the only path property that is available now is !FOLDER_DATASOURCE. This has long been one of my own complaints, that we don't provide corresponding !FOLDER_DOWNLOADS and !FOLDER_MACROS variables. I put a feature request in a long time ago for this, so I'll dig that up and blow the dust off of it to see if development considers it again now.
Oh, yep, very good indeed...! I've included it in the List of EnhReq's that I maintain in this Thread:
- Feedback - Take the iMacros Add-on(s) Survey!
- Add '!FOLDER_DOWNLOADS' + 'FOLDER_MACROS' Built-in Vars like we have for '!FOLDER_DATASOURCE(S)' (the missing 'S' is a bit confusing btw...).
=> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26523&start=15#p70424 (Idea is from Tom...!)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Airmanbzh

Post by Airmanbzh » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi,

I think I've found a bug with imacro 9.0.3 with firefox 48.0 (multiprocess activated) and Win 64 :

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://jobs.voyages-sncf.com/offer/Ingnieur_test_et_automatisation_H_F_482d9673cf
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Postuler
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TITLE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG XPATH="id('js-cv-form')/div/label" CONTENT=EVENT:MOUSEOVER
Imacros can't extract the title of the second tab (or interact with the page) but only when multiprocess is activated.

PS : to activate multiprocess, you've to add "browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" in about:config and set it to true
Airmanbzh

Post by Airmanbzh » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:38 pm

I've found a way to access to the window element from js (by modifying iMacros).

If you define a window property (with the current window as value) to the sandbox and comment the error throw in jsplayer, you can access to this object and use functions as "eval", "setTimeout", etc.

In "JS_Player.prototype.attachWindowMethods" L. 379

sandbox.window = window;

// sandbox.__defineGetter__("window", function() {
    // throw new Error("Accessing content window is not supported in "+
             // "multiprocess Firefox")
// });

// sandbox.__defineGetter__("content", function() {
    // throw new Error("Accessing content window is not supported in "+
             // "multiprocess Firefox")
// });
DDon

Post by DDon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:43 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
arun.testing3 wrote:Is the support for URL GOTO=javascript:... is completely removed from version 9.0.3?
Unfortunately, yes.
Can you please re-add this function? I have 6 macros use this function to load website in the background, open another tab with url and and back to current tab medicate to continue run the code, let the other tab load by itself.

Thanks
George87

Post by George87 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:16 am

Hello, Tech Support!

I think I've found a bug with iimGetExtract with iMacros version 9.0.3 with Firefox 48.0 (Multiprocess windows disabled/enabled) on Windows 7 x64:

I have list of friends in `Friends.csv`:
Name_1;phone_1;e-mail_1;
Name_2;phone_2;e-mail_2;
Name_3;phone_3;e-mail_3;
Name_4;phone_4;e-mail_4;
Name_5;phone_5;e-mail_5;

And I have javascript code for extract data from `Friends.csv`:

var s_n = '\n';
var macros;

for (line = 1; line <= 5; line++) {
  macros = 'CODE: SET !REPLAYSPEED FAST'+s_n;  
  macros += 'SET !DATASOURCE_DELIMITER ";"'+s_n;
  macros += 'SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 3'+s_n;
  macros += 'SET !DATASOURCE "Friends.csv"'+s_n;
  macros += 'SET !DATASOURCE_LINE '+line+s_n;
  macros += 'ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL1}}'+s_n;
  macros += 'ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL2}}'+s_n;
  macros += 'ADD !EXTRACT {{!COL3}}';

iimPlay(macros);

alert('Testin iimGetExtract:'+s_n+'Name: '+iimGetExtract(1)+s_n+'phone: '+iimGetExtract(2)+s_n+'e-mail: '+iimGetExtract(3));
}

With iMacros version 8.9 with Firefox 47 I had normal extraction. There was my testing alerts, for example:

Testin iimGetExtract:
Name: Name_1
phone: phone_1
e-mail: e-mail_1

Testin iimGetExtract:
Name: Name_2
phone: phone_2
e-mail: e-mail_2

BUT
now with iMacros version 9.0.3 with Firefox 48.0 I have incorrect extraction:

Testin iimGetExtract:
Name: Name_1[EXTRACT]phone_1[EXTRACT]e-mail_1
phone: Name_1[EXTRACT]phone_1[EXTRACT]e-mail_1
e-mail: Name_1[EXTRACT]phone_1[EXTRACT]e-mail_1

Testin iimGetExtract:
Name: Name_2[EXTRACT]phone_2[EXTRACT]e-mail_2
phone: Name_2[EXTRACT]phone_2[EXTRACT]e-mail_2
e-mail: Name_2[EXTRACT]phone_2[EXTRACT]e-mail_2
:(

So, I know the solution of this problem.
I can add in my javascript code `for (column = 1; column <= 3; column ++) {...}` for extracting data from each column.
:D

:!:
BUT:
1. This code will be more difficult!
2. If such result of `iimGetExtract` is normal for iMacros version 9+, it will be necessary update `iimGetExtract` description on page http://wiki.imacros.net/iimGetExtract by removing the following strings:
`iimGetExtract(1) - returns 1st extracted data
iimGetExtract (2) - returns 2nd extracted data (and so on)`.
rmiller5349

Post by rmiller5349 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
rmiller5349 wrote:I am using iMacros version 9.0.3 with Firefox 48.0 on Windows 10 x64.

I have seen this problem before and it seems the latest version has brought it back.

I am starting an iim file via a batch file and the code continues to loop. I DO NOT have any loops in the program code. Here is the basic structure to the code:

Sample code 1
Sample code 2
Sample code 3
URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Sample.js

The code iteration loops around Sample code 1,2,3. URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Sample.js DOES NOT ever call Sample.js
Hi rmiller5349,

I couldn't reproduce this, but you do not provide any details about how you are performing the looping. As a test, I used the following macro, which I then called from the command line:

#Current.iim:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/
WAIT SECONDS=2
URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Demo-Firefox%5CSI-Send-Macro-Code.js
Command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=#Current.iim
I didn't provide information about performing the looping because I am not trying to loop. Imacros is looping on it's own. As I said before, I DO NOT have any loops in the program code.

Your attempt does have some key diferences from mine. I make a multiple profile call to firefox from my batch file and the files are in a subfolder:

start /wait firefox.exe -P 1st -no-remote imacros://run/?m=SubFolder/Sample.iim

URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=SubFolder/Sample.js

Multi-process is ON.
I have tried starting from scratch with a new firefox profile.
Doesn't matter if files are in the default folder or a subfolder.
This problem is not happening on 1 macro. It is happening on multiple ones.
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 pm

I have multiple Firefox profiles on my computer (each for a different thing), and I slowly started upgrading each to 9.0.3. With Firefox 48.0.2 on Windows 10.

I have to say, 9.0.3 is Horrible. I've downgraded all of them back to the previous version.

I had a problem on one profile that the script wouldn't really click anything unless the window was centered (so if I minimize the window or have it in the background, the script wouldn't click).

Another script where I had an EVENT line to click something - stopped working.

The countdown thing has become a count up, which is also bullshit honestly. While before you just look how many seconds it takes for the script to move onto the next action, now you have to look where the count is at, and how many seconds it's supposed to spin, and calculate how long it will take it to finish. Seriously, which genius came up with this? :?

I downgraded back to the previous version and now everything works again.
Buy Social Media Services - https://Socialesale.com
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:03 am

Another issue I encountered with 9.0.3 is that even though all of my scripts have the ERRORIGNORE command, whenever the script would come up to the following lines, it would simply freeze and stay frozen.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:favorite_btn_form ATTR=NAME:commit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:retweet_btn_form ATTR=NAME:commit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:update-form ATTR=*
So not only would it not do the action/click, it would also freeze. And then I'd have to stop the script and restart it. But it's pointless because the script basically stops working with 9.0.3 since it won't click on the above.

So anyway, I downgraded iMacros addon on each of my Firefox profiles to the previous version. I also then went and turned updates to OFF, because it seems to me that the addon would simply update itself after I restart the browser, even if I click NO when asked if I want to update or not.

Seriously you guys, 9.0.3 update is the worst update ever, ever, ever, ever...
Legalien

Post by Legalien » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:45 am

Also, sometimes I open a Firefox browser and I click the iMacro icon, and it opens the window on the left, but the iMacros won't show. If I let it sit for some time, sometimes they appear and sometimes not.

On the previous version 8.9.7 such problem does not exist.

So there's another problem.

Seriously, remove 9.0.3 from circulation and forget about it like a bad dream.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:23 am

@Legalien, I like you (with your last 3 Posts...!), I completely agree...! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I already tried to convince TechSup to never release a Version without some Beta-Testing before, they agree with me I think (@Tom from TechSup at least) but I guess they get/got overruled by Dev... who panicked a bit I have the Feeling about FF48 with Multi Processor...

And the whole thing is completely stupid I think, v9.0.1 and v9.0.2 both Beta were released about 1 year ago and got some quick very negative Feedback, and we never heard any more about those 2 Versions for 1 year and about any Feedback about all Bugs that had been found and suddenly v9.0.3 got released out of the Blue and directly to the FF Add-on Gallery, no (Beta-)Testing at all, then sorry, I knew it from the beginning, just like from watching some "Jerry Springer" Show, you know in advance that everything is a bit fake and quite funny in the end...!

Btw, I'm still using iMacros for FF v8.8.2 which was the last very stable iMacros for FF Version... (And the last Version working on Pale Moon... (currently at v36.3.3, =FF47))
I do have v8.9.7 installed (on FF47) but I didn't bother installing v9.0.3, would be only useful for me to confirm all Bugs already reported to the Forum (and I would find some more I guess...!)...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Lightja

Post by Lightja » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:53 am

chivracq wrote:Btw, I'm still using iMacros for FF v8.8.2 which was the last very stable iMacros for FF Version... (And the last Version working on Pale Moon... (currently at v36.3.3, =FF47))
I do have v8.9.7 installed (on FF47) but I didn't bother installing v9.0.3, would be only useful for me to confirm all Bugs already reported to the Forum (and I would find some more I guess...!)...
Are there any commands supported on 9.0.3 that aren't supported on 8.8.2? I'm considering just going to the free version instead of going paid since I can't seem to get scripting with the enterprise version working, plus there seems to be most support for the firefox version anyways, and Pale Moon appeals to me due to its efficiency. Just want to know what all I'd be missing out on by using Pale Moon vs Firefox.

Also, will Pale Moon ever support any higher versions of iMacros? Or is it forever stuck at 8.8.2 because Pale Moon is based on Firefox 24 (or 26 or whatever it is)?

Does Pale Moon support profiles?

Also, I see in addition to access to window and URL GOTO=Javascript:.... being cut-off for the latest version is a huge crutch. Is there still a way to do file uploads?
Latest System Information:
iMacros 11.1
Windows 10 Enterprise
Firefox v48.0.2 - iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7
Chrome v53.0.2785.89 - iMacros for Chrome v8.4.4
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:45 am

Lightja wrote:
chivracq wrote:Btw, I'm still using iMacros for FF v8.8.2 which was the last very stable iMacros for FF Version... (And the last Version working on Pale Moon... (currently at v36.3.3, =FF47))
System Information:

iMacros 11.1
Windows 10
Latest Chrome/Firefox/IE browser and iMacros extension versions
Are there any commands supported on 9.0.3 that aren't supported on 8.8.2? I'm considering just going to the free version instead of going paid since I can't seem to get scripting with the enterprise version working, plus there seems to be most support for the firefox version anyways, and Pale Moon appeals to me due to its efficiency. Just want to know what all I'd be missing out on by using Pale Moon vs Firefox.

Also, I see in addition to access to window and URL GOTO=Javascript:.... being cut-off for the latest version is a huge crutch. Is there still a way to do file uploads?
Quoting/hard-coding your FCI like you should do when opening a Thread or posting for the first time in some existing Thread as you only have one Dynamic Sig for the whole Forum, so mentioning your FCI in your Sig denotes from a good "Intention" but it only indicates your Current FCI and it might even be confusing for some User reading your Thread/Post in a few weeks/months/years when you'll probably have updated your Sig after some Update(s)....

v9.0.3 shouldn't be the Reference as several Commands have been dropped or are not supported anymore or got broken in that Version, but rather v8.9.7, and afaik, confirmed from reviewing the Change Log (Version History) since v8.8.2, not one single new Command/Functionality has been added to iMacros for FF since v8.8.2.
All Versions since v8.8.2 have only been Fixes for Commands that got broken in the previous Version because of Changes introduced in some later FF Version (since FF28...!).
Lightja wrote:Also, will Pale Moon ever support any higher versions of iMacros? Or is it forever stuck at 8.8.2 because Pale Moon is based on Firefox 24 (or 26 or whatever it is)?
Hum..., I'm afraid it's not "will Pale Moon ever support any higher versions of iMacros?" but rather "will iMacros ever support any higher versions of PM?", ah-ah...! I've already filled in an EnhReq about that but I didn't get much Support from other Users, so I'm afraid it will stay that way... Even if later Versions of PM keep working fine with iMacros for FF v8.8.2.
- Feedback - Take the iMacros Add-on(s) Survey!

In one of the 2 Threads related to PM that I will mention a bit below, some User mentioned once that they managed to get v8.8.7 to work with PM but I never bothered to check (again).
As no new Functionality was introduced to iMacros for FF since v8.8.2, I never bothered anymore to try to get some newer Version of iMacros for FF to work with PM, I was waiting for some new Functionality to be implemented to see if I could get it to work with PM or I would try to implement it myself to iMacros by making my own Fork on v8.8.2. Interesting Thread about customizing your own Version of iMacros:
- Extend Imacros with new commands?
Lightja wrote:Does Pale Moon support profiles?
Yep...! PM is completely based on FF, v24/26 indeed, with the same Profile Import/Create Tool like for FF, you can even import/copy your existing FF Profile(s) with all Passwords/History/Bookmarks/Add-ons directly (in)to PM. I have about 60 FF Add-ons that all work perfectly with PM. You need to disable the 'Add-ons Compatibility Check' for that, see the following 2 Threads for extended Info:
- Palemoon doesn't work with imacros
- Problem installing imacros in Seamonkey

Well, good luck and I'll be happy to assist you if you encounter any Pb's, maybe rather follow up in one of those 2 Threads related to PM in order not to "pollute" too much this current Thread... And make sure to read those 2 Threads carefully and completely before "shouting" "it's not working!", ah-ah...!
Lightja

Post by Lightja » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:43 am

Not sure what's challenging the dev team to make iMacros work with the same commands the older versions of it work with. I can understand the e10s compatibility issue, but even in the newer version of iMacros, those functions should just operate (or not) based on if e10s is enabled/disabled. Adding functionality to iMacros myself seems pretty appealing, it might just be user-led development that keeps iMacros working because it seems like they're having a hard time keeping up with the updates. I imagine they're more focused on support for their paid products.

I just put my info in my sig just in case I forget to include it initially so people can still answer my questions, and I can add it later if I forgot. Not as a replacement for putting it in the thread.

If I have more questions about those topics I'll post somewhere else.
Latest System Information:
iMacros 11.1
Windows 10 Enterprise
Firefox v48.0.2 - iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7
Chrome v53.0.2785.89 - iMacros for Chrome v8.4.4