Leading Zero Giving an Error Code -925

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
imacronev

Leading Zero Giving an Error Code -925

Post by imacronev » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:26 am

This is a simple fill-in-the-zipcode box I recorded today and it won't play back without the error below:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:CCApp ATTR=NAME:CZ_ZIP_CD1 CONTENT=02451
I get this error:
Wrong CONTENT specifier 02451, line: 2 (Error code: -925)
But I experimented a little.

Zipcode 02451 gives the error
Zipcode 12451 works fine

I added double quotes to the imacro code and it worked with the leading zero, but I'm kind of surprised that such a simple recording didn't play back correctly. Maybe the recording process should add quotes when there's a leading zero, or maybe all the time? Any opinions on this? I think I might call this a bug?
chivracq

Re: Leading Zero Giving an Error Code -925

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:39 am

imacronev wrote:This is a simple fill-in-the-zipcode box I recorded today and it won't play back without the error below:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:CCApp ATTR=NAME:CZ_ZIP_CD1 CONTENT=02451
I get this error:
Wrong CONTENT specifier 02451, line: 2 (Error code: -925)
But I experimented a little.

Zipcode 02451 gives the error
Zipcode 12451 works fine

I added double quotes to the imacro code and it worked with the leading zero, but I'm kind of surprised that such a simple recording didn't play back correctly. Maybe the recording process should add quotes when there's a leading zero, or maybe all the time? Any opinions on this? I think I might call this a bug?
Yep, probably some interesting Qt, but you never followed-up (= thanked!) on your previous Thread..., so that's not very motivating to want to help you again,sorry... :shock:

And mention your FCI in all your Threads anyway for me to answer any of your Threads... Read the Forum Rules and/or my Sig...
(=> Not too impressed by your Use of the Forum until now, sorry, I only help Users using the Forum a bit correctly. you got lucky the first time...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
imacronev

Post by imacronev » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:04 am

I was just reporting a bug. That's all. I didn't need help. I was just trying to help make the world a better place and contribute back to this handy software I use once in a while, and write up my findings in case someone else ran into the same problem.

The reply to my first question was just a couple of links. But I'll thank him now.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:21 pm

imacronev wrote:I was just reporting a bug. That's all. I didn't need help. I was just trying to help make the world a better place and contribute back to this handy software I use once in a while, and write up my findings in case someone else ran into the same problem.

The reply to my first question was just a couple of links. But I'll thank him now.
Oh yep indeed, "Bug" or "strange Behaviour" indeed, I would agree with you, but you still don't mention your FCI which is Required Info when opening a Thread, especially when reporting a "Bug", Info about your exact Config with all exact Versions is then crucial...
But nice of you anyway to have shared your Workaround... 8)

All we know it that you opened your Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, so your Thread is "probably" related to FF... (I use "probably" because 50% of Users open their Thread(s) in some "irrelevant" Sub-Forum so we can never be sure that you selected the correct Sub-Forum... :roll: )
=> Probable FCI:
iMacros for FF v9.0.3...?, FF48...?, OS...?

And the recent v9.0.3 Version turns out to be pretty buggy and to break many Commands/Scripts that were working fine in v8.9.7.

>>>

And hum, I saw your mini "Thank you" in your previous Thread, good of course, but you didn't mention/add your FCI either in that Thread and you could have reacted a bit more "explicitly" to the Suggestion(s) by the Advanced User who tried to help you, and to finish that Thread a bit neatly by sharing your Final Script with the Solution as it could help other Users... But never mind, I won't bother you anymore... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
seiryuu

Post by seiryuu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:56 pm

imacronev wrote: I added double quotes to the imacro code and it worked with the leading zero, but I'm kind of surprised that such a simple recording didn't play back correctly. Maybe the recording process should add quotes when there's a leading zero, or maybe all the time?
Thank you very much, imacronev! you saved me having to post. This is the only post I found referencing the issue, and your solution worked great.

(config info: iMacros for FF 9.03 Build 9030808, Firefox 49.0.1, Win10 version 10.0.14393)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:48 pm

seiryuu wrote:
imacronev wrote: I added double quotes to the imacro code and it worked with the leading zero, but I'm kind of surprised that such a simple recording didn't play back correctly. Maybe the recording process should add quotes when there's a leading zero, or maybe all the time?
Thank you very much, imacronev! you saved me having to post. This is the only post I found referencing the issue, and your solution worked great.

(config info: iMacros for FF 9.03 Build 9030808, Firefox 49.0.1, Win10 version 10.0.14393)
Mini-Feedback, perfect Post @seiryuu, with FCI mentioned, wow!, I'm impressed...! Welcome to the Forum, ah-ah...!!
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:27 pm

I get this error now too
Only change (I think) was moving from Win7 to Win10

Using Firefox 51 and the free browser plugin

Double quotes works for me too
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:form-shipping-guest-user ATTR=ID:txtZip CONTENT=02909 NOK
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:form-shipping-guest-user ATTR=ID:txtZip CONTENT="02909" OK
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:18 pm

IrishMacro wrote:I get this error now too
Only change (I think) was moving from Win7 to Win10

Using Firefox 51 and the free browser plugin

Double quotes works for me too
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:form-shipping-guest-user ATTR=ID:txtZip CONTENT=02909 NOK
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:form-shipping-guest-user ATTR=ID:txtZip CONTENT="02909" OK
Pfff..., "free browser plugin - last version" is always vague and won't mean anything to sbd reading the Thread a few weeks/months/years later...
"Latest Version for iMacros for FF" is currently v9.0.3, but I would be surprised that an Advanced User like you @IrishMacro is really using v9.0.3 as this Version is pretty unusable for "serious" Users and that you didn't go back to v8.9.7...? :?

And posting a mini-Macro with a concrete Web-Site to test on and to reproduce the Pb would be more handy rather than just some loose Statement... :idea:
But OK, I don't have v9.0.3 installed, only v8.8.2 and v8.9.7 and I tested on several Sites but I cannot reproduce the Pb on my 2 Environments, so the Pb might be related to ONLY v9.0.3 then... Script I used on one of the Sites I tried:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:ziplookup1 ATTR=ID:Zzip CONTENT=01234
Tested on:
- FCI_1: iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.
- FCI_2: iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v51.0.1, Win10-x64.

Works fine for me on both FCI's..., => Probably related to v9.0.3 only...
sightunseen

Post by sightunseen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:14 am

Is anyone at iMacros reading this and going to fix this issue? It's been 6 months now. I'm using 9.0.3 in Firefox Aurora (53) and have the same problem. I record something and the zero in the beginning causes an error. For example:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=ID:dobMonth CONTENT=09
Wrong CONTENT specifier 09, line: 2 (Error code: -925)

The workaround of double quotes works though.
ToniT

Post by ToniT » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 am

I have tried passing the leading-zero number through a variable and it worked in my case.

SET !VAR2 02909
... CONTENT={{!VAR2}}

Hope this help.

FIC: iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3, Firefox for PC 52.2.0 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 SP2
Not sure I am doing FIC right.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 am

ToniT wrote:I have tried passing the leading-zero number through a variable and it worked in my case.

SET !VAR2 02909
... CONTENT={{!VAR2}}

Hope this help.

FIC:

iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3, Firefox for PC 52.2.0 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 SP2
Not sure I am doing FIC right.
Then I guess the "02909" is seen as a String because of the leading "0" if you use a Var...
Thanks for sharing...

It's "FCI" and not "FIC" (=> "Full Config Info"), but the Intention is perfect, ah-ah...!
Hum..., never knew btw there was a x64 Version for WinXP, oops...!

And yep, can easily be tested:

SET !VAR2 02909
ADD !VAR2 1
PROMPT _{{!VAR2}}_
=> Gives "_029091_" (and not "02910" or "2910" if "02909" had been "seen" as a Number by iMacros...)

Tested on:
- FCI_1: iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.
- FCI_2: iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v53, Win10-x64.