Read data from Website?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
marcomo

Read data from Website?

Post by marcomo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:48 pm

iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Windows Vista SP2 x64 German
Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m

Hi,
is it possible that iMacros for Chrome or FF is reading data from a website and then start a macro?
A simply if --> then macro.

To better explanation i added a picture in attachments.

somethink like, if there stands "4 Gold je 1 Einheit" then put in the Box before "9999999999"...

sorry for my bad english.
Thanks for help.
Attachments
screenshot_00119.png
screenshot_00119.png (38.54 KiB) Viewed 8792 times
chivracq

Re: Read data from Website?

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:31 pm

marcomo wrote:

Code: Select all

iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Windows Vista SP2 x64 German
Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m
Hi,
is it possible that iMacros for Chrome or FF is reading data from a website and then start a macro?
A simply if --> then macro.

To better explanation i added a picture in attachments.

somethink like, if there stands "4 Gold je 1 Einheit" then put in the Box before "9999999999"...

sorry for my bad english.
Thanks for help.
Euh..., no you cannot have "if stg appears or changes" => "then start a Macro", the Macro must be already started from the beginning...

But it is possible to have a Macro started, that will be waiting and checking your "4 Gold je 1 Einheit" Field with 'WAIT' + 'REFRESH' or 'URL GOTO' if you need to refresh/reload the Page for your Field to appear/change or with a long '!TIMEOUT_STEP' Setting if that Field will appear/change dynamically without requiring a Refresh/Reload of the Page, combined in both cases with "Relative Positioning" to fill in the "9999999999" Value in the Input Field.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
marcomo

Post by marcomo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:34 am

Hi,
yes I meant that what you say. I start the macro and it is checking for change (the change is every 15 Minutes), then if the "prices" are good it fill the input field.

So, how can I do that? I know how to fill the input field, but I dont know how can I check for change etc.?
Can you give me an explanation?

Thank you.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 am

marcomo wrote:Hi,
yes I meant that what you say. I start the macro and it is checking for change (the change is every 15 Minutes), then if the "prices" are good it fill the input field.

So, how can I do that? I know how to fill the input field, but I dont know how can I check for change etc.?
Can you give me an explanation?

Thank you.
Well, I already gave you the "Explanation" about the 2 Cases depending on how you "find out" for Changes...
Without being able to look at your Site and without any Script posted, I cannot be more precise... You need to understand the Principle and/or give more Info if you get stuck...

And to be honest your overall Post is very vague, I only answered because you perfectly mentioned your FCI (read my Sig...) which many (new) Users don't do, as an "Encouragement" for you, but the rest of your OQ (Original Question) is pretty vague and of "low quality" (in technical terms for a Technical Forum)...

Hum, and "if you get stuck..." means "if you REALLY get stuck, after you've tried your best", and you mention what you've tried and where exactly you get stuck, nobody will be writing your Script for you, ah-ah...! (Which anyway is impossible without access to the Page/Site...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:25 am

chivracq wrote:(Which anyway is impossible without access to the Page/Site...)
I don't need any access to the page for solving this issue, because it seems to be coded just with few lines.
@marcomo, leave your mail and I will send you my suggestion.

P.S. I am not a spammer and ready to help, but this is the reason why I don't want to share some solutions here so far.
marcomo

Post by marcomo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:47 pm

sorry chivracq, I am just a noob at this tool and writing macros. I dont understand your explanation, i even cant find it.

I can give you the link to the website, but you need to register to have access.

Thanks iimfun, my email addy is:
Thank you for help :)

Yes I think its a very simple coded site.
Last edited by marcomo on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:40 pm

iimfun wrote:
chivracq wrote:(Which anyway is impossible without access to the Page/Site...)
I don't need any access to the page for solving this issue, because it seems to be coded just with few lines.
@marcomo, leave your mail and I will send you my suggestion.

P.S. I am not a spammer and ready to help, but this is the reason why I don't want to share some solutions here so far.
Yeah-yeah... :roll:
marcomo wrote:sorry chivracq, I am just a noob at this tool and writing macros. I dont understand your explanation, i even cant find it.

I can give you the link to the website, but you need to register to have access.

Thanks iimfun, my email addy is: [EDIT: Removed...]
Thank you for help :)

Yes I think its a very simple coded site.
Well my "Explanation" was here:
But it is possible to have a Macro started, that will be waiting and checking your "4 Gold je 1 Einheit" Field with 'WAIT' + 'REFRESH' or 'URL GOTO' if you need to refresh/reload the Page for your Field to appear/change or with a long '!TIMEOUT_STEP' Setting if that Field will appear/change dynamically without requiring a Refresh/Reload of the Page, combined in both cases with "Relative Positioning" to fill in the "9999999999" Value in the Input Field.
... which gives:

CASE 1: Change from Refresh or Reload:

... and checking your "4 Gold je 1 Einheit" Field with 'WAIT' + 'REFRESH' or 'URL GOTO' if you need to refresh/reload the Page for your Field to appear/change...
OR

CASE 2: Dynamic Change :

... with a long '!TIMEOUT_STEP' Setting if that Field will appear/change dynamically...
AND

Both CASE 1 + 2:

...combined in both cases with "Relative Positioning" to fill in the "9999999999" Value in the Input Field.
But I guess you don't care that much anymore about (trying to understand) any Explanation and trying anything to find a Solution by yourself as it's of course much easier to get the/a Solution served on a plate like @iimfun is offering... Fair enough... :roll:

(Trying their best to find a Solution by themselves and sharing their Solution once they get it to work are btw 2 "Criteria" for me about "using the Forum a bit correctly" to keep helping Users (in future Threads) on the Forum... (+ Descriptive Thread Title + FCI mentioned + Neat Follow-up that you all 3 do/did perfectly...))
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marcomo

Post by marcomo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Believe me, I really want to understand that. I tried to find a solution for this many hours, but i dont get it.
I know about wait, url go to, refresh, and relative postioning commands, but I dont know how can I get the macro done that its check the lines for change.
Which command I must use for that? I cant find it anywhere...

PS: can you please remove my email from your Quote, thank you.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:04 pm

marcomo wrote:Believe me, I really want to understand that. I tried to find a solution for this many hours, but i dont get it.
I know about wait, url go to, refresh, and relative postioning commands, but I dont know how can I get the macro done that its check the lines for change.
Which command I must use for that? I cant find it anywhere...

PS: can you please remove my email from your Quote, thank you.
Yep, E-Mail Address removed...
(But I guess you probably already have a working Script by now if your E-mail Address can be removed, so I find it a bit "fake" to still "pretend" to want to understand and come to a Solution if you already have one...)

Hum, and I'm a bit skeptical about the "tried for many hours" if you couldn't even find my Explanation... And you should then mention what you've tried and where you get stuck... :roll:

But OK when I "analytically" visually reorganize my "Explanation", I mention again 2 Cases, Case_1 OR Case_2, this is actually an (indirect) Question which you don't answer, which Case applies to you...? How does the Site/Page behave as we cannot have a look at it...? :roll:

And post the 2 Lines that get recorded if you tag the '4 Gold je 1 Einheit' Field that you will use as Anchor for Relative Positioning (and might need to extract) before filling the "9999999999" in the Input Field...? And yep Advanced Users like @iimfun and me can probably guess those 2 Lines but that's not our role, this Info should have been posted already in your Opening Post... :shock: