Automatically open imacros sidebar when opening IE

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zirjeo

Automatically open imacros sidebar when opening IE

Post by zirjeo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:11 pm

WIndows 10, IE11, VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403

As Subject suggests how can I make this happen? Can't seem to find any clear info about this, seems it should be simple.
IrishMacro

Re: Automatically open imacros sidebar when opening IE

Post by IrishMacro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:46 pm

I'm not sure, you would probably have to use some desktop macro tool to make this happen
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:57 am

zirjeo wrote:WIndows 10, IE11, VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403

As Subject suggests how can I make this happen? Can't seem to find any clear info about this, seems it should be simple.
IrishMacro wrote:I'm not sure, you would probably have to use some desktop macro tool to make this happen
Yeah, I didn't react to this Thread because I didn't have any real Answer/Solution, and it was maybe 1 year ago last time I did some Testing on IE on my previous Laptop (Win7-x64) which died a few months ago, even if hum, it's Winter now, it might want to start again, ah-ah...!, Ventilo/Cooler was dead and it was heating up too quickly and switching itself automatically during the Summer and I'm not even sure if I had v10 or already v11 installed, and I didn't bother to reinstall IE on my new Laptop (Win10-x64)... (And I don't know IE's (Internal) "Guts" that much anyway, like I know FF's, ah-ah...!)

But hum, @IrishMacro gave me an idea..., ah-ah...! 8)
Yep, possible...!, if you start IE from a Windows Shortcut (or a '.BAT' File) on your Desktop for example from which you launch as well automatically some mini-Macro triggering 'F8' with the 'EVENT' Mode which is now supported in iMacros for IE v11.
This Approach could be "problematic" on FF which remembers if the iMacros Side-Panel was open or not and will toggle it open/close but it should work on IE, I think, if IE always starts with iMacros deactivated...! 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:18 am

Figured I was over thinking this. Just went in and made a desktop shortcut for..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacros.Sidebar.exe"

It opens IE and the sidebar.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 am

zirjeo wrote:Figured I was over thinking this. Just went in and made a desktop shortcut for..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacros.Sidebar.exe"

It opens IE and the sidebar.
OK, so the mini-Macro with 'F8' is not even needed, and actually it is definitely not needed as it would close the iMacros Side-Panel again, ah-ah...! :cry:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...