Form Filling Without =GOTOURL ?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
loverdo

Form Filling Without =GOTOURL ?

Post by loverdo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi

I understand that imacros work after you go to the URL ... filling information.

But I have some tasks that actually piece me off, and I want to automate it. But without GO TO URL

I mean .. I go to the URL by myself ... Start Recording with imacros ... filling form ... and then save the records and run it again after I go to another URL by myself

I tried, but he always forces me to go back again, because there is some file I need to upload them in every different task ...

I try to edit the script manually and remove this line:
URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/Automate/TestForm1

But seems that not working either

That type of site is like Upload your File then select The CATEGORY, TYPE, Of your file

And it's very hard to choose those option every time ...

What am I'm doing wrong

And how I can get that to work
chivracq

Re: Form Filling Without =GOTOURL ?

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:30 pm

loverdo wrote:Hi

I understand that imacros work after you go to the URL ... filling information.

But I have some tasks that actually piece me off, and I want to automate it. But without GO TO URL

I mean .. I go to the URL by myself ... Start Recording with imacros ... filling form ... and then save the records and run it again after I go to another URL by myself

I tried, but he always forces me to go back again, because there is some file I need to upload them in every different task ...

I try to edit the script manually and remove this line:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/Automate/TestForm1
But seems that not working either

That type of site is like Upload your File then select The CATEGORY, TYPE, Of your file

And it's very hard to choose those option every time ...

What am I'm doing wrong

And how I can get that to work
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Yep, removing the 'URL GOTO' Statement (that gets automatically recorded when you start recording a Macro), or commenting it out (by putting a Single Quote at the complete beginning of the Statement) will make iMacros ignore it:

Code: Select all

'URL GOTO=http://demo.imacros.net/Automate/TestForm1
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 pm

As said by chivracq - if you remove the GO TO URL or comment it out, then the macro will simply start executing on the page you are currently on (providing you are using the browser plugin)
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
loverdo

Post by loverdo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:00 pm

This solution is works for me
Thank you so much chivracq
I'm using ' now every time i need to add comment and notes also it helps me organize the scripts

Im using windows 7_64 bit
iMacros Browser (x86) Version 12.0.501.6698
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:16 pm

loverdo wrote:This solution is works for me
Thank you so much chivracq
I'm using ' now every time i need to add comment and notes also it helps me organize the scripts

Im using windows 7_64 bit
iMacros Browser (x86) Version 12.0.501.6698
:D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...