SAVEAS=HTM not saving as an HTHM File

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pvb

SAVEAS=HTM not saving as an HTHM File

Post by pvb » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Hello,

I am using iMacros to save specific serps pages to my hard drive for key word analysis. The problem is after iMacros saves the page to my hard drive, it does so WITHOUT a file extension.

The specific string I am using is:

SAVEAS TYPE=HTM FOLDER=G:\Serps FILE=+_{{!NOW:ddmmyyyy}}

I want to save it as an html file.

What is the flaw in my syntax?

Thanks for the help!!!
Tom, Tech Support

Re: SAVEAS=HTM not saving as an HTHM File

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi pvb,

Please mention what version of iMacros you are using.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
pvb

Post by pvb » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I am using VERSION BUILD=9030808 on Firefox 51.0.1 (32-bit).

Peter
IrishMacro

Post by IrishMacro » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Possibility 1 - your computer hides known file extensions

Possibility 2 - add .html in script
FILE=+_{{!NOW:ddmmyyyy}}.html
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
pvb

Post by pvb » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:26 pm

It's not that file extensions are hidden. They are configured to show in Windows Explorer. When I go to open the saved file, Windows gives me a "Windows cannot open this file" dialog box. So even if the extensions were hidden it would still open as a web page in the browser.

Oddly this syntax used to work with the SAVEAS=HTM specification. But it doesn't now.

Unfortunately the FILE=+_{{!NOW:ddmmyyyy}}.html syntax returns an (Error code: -1001). iMacros does not accept that as valid.

Thanks for the response,

Peter