Help with IF ERROR WAIT, THEN RELOAD.

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Kaytha

Help with IF ERROR WAIT, THEN RELOAD.

Post by Kaytha » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Hello, as someone who doesn't know any programming languages relevant to imacro, exempt php (I know to little to be useful) I've gotten confused. Now from what I understand there is no way to do a solid IF statement, which is somewhat sad.

What I need is a script that will do; If !ERRORIGNORE is set to NO, then it should wait X amount of seconds (160) and then instead of breaking the script, it should just reset it from the beginning.

!ERRORIGNORE YES wont work because I need the script to WAIT 160 seconds if an error appears?

Why?

Because if an error appears, that means a captcha has loaded. And the anti-captcha service needs time to solve it.
chivracq

Re: Help with IF ERROR WAIT, THEN RELOAD.

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Kaytha wrote:Hello, as someone who doesn't know any programming languages relevant to imacro, exempt php (I know to little to be useful) I've gotten confused. Now from what I understand there is no way to do a solid IF statement, which is somewhat sad.

What I need is a script that will do; If !ERRORIGNORE is set to NO, then it should wait X amount of seconds (160) and then instead of breaking the script, it should just reset it from the beginning.

!ERRORIGNORE YES wont work because I need the script to WAIT 160 seconds if an error appears?

Why?

Because if an error appears, that means a captcha has loaded. And the anti-captcha service needs time to solve it.
Hum..., after your "amount of seconds" got me grammatically confused, I decided to follow your Script more or less:
- IF ERROR: Yep...: CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
+ Thread opened in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum while I reckon your Case has nothing specific to only 'iMacros for CR', especially if you don't even mention your FCI....! :roll:
- WAIT: Yep, I waited 6.66666666666666 days = 160 Hours, waiting for you to bump your Thread, which didn't happen... :shock:
- THEN RELOAD: Yep, kind of, me bumping your Thread... :wink:

I don't know which Programming Languages you consider "relevant to iMacros", but if you already have some notions of 'PHP', the iMacros Language is much more simple and intuitive to understand than 'PHP', in my Opinion... And in most cases, you don't even need to write a single Line of Code, you simply record your Actions and replay your Script...

Hum, and "solid IF Statements" sounds funny to me, especially with "solid" as a "qualifier", gets me wonder if you then have "soft IF Statements", well you can achieve all Conditional Logic in iMacros either using JavaScript '.js' Scripts if you use iMacros for FF or even in pure '.iim' Scripts like I've explained in this Thread for example:
- Workarounds for Conditional Logic in Macro Code

But OK, concerning your Qt, I think simply using '!ERRORIGNORE=YES' and '!TIMEOUT_STEP=160' and looping your Script will achieve the Result that you want... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...