Extracting Attributes

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ericwoo

Extracting Attributes

Post by ericwoo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 pm

It is to my understanding that Imacros can extract parameters now as explained here: http://wiki.imacros.net/TAG#Extract_Custom_Attributes

However, it doesn't explain much about this. After testing on Firefox and not getting it to work, I realized it said it only works with 10.2 which isn't a Firefox version. Does it work with Internet Explorer Imacros?

I hear it can be done with scripts but I don't have a lot of knowlege on so if someone can point me in the direction, the below content in the "value" attribute is what needs to be extracted.

Code: Select all

<input name="bullet_point1" value="CONTENT TO BE EXTRACTED">
chivracq

Re: Extracting Attributes

Post by chivracq » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:28 am

ericwoo wrote:It is to my understanding that Imacros can extract parameters now as explained here: http://wiki.imacros.net/TAG#Extract_Custom_Attributes

However, it doesn't explain much about this. After testing on Firefox and not getting it to work, I realized it said it only works with 10.2 which isn't a Firefox version. Does it work with Internet Explorer Imacros?

I hear it can be done with scripts but I don't have a lot of knowlege on so if someone can point me in the direction, the below content in the "value" attribute is what needs to be extracted.

<input name="bullet_point1" value="CONTENT TO BE EXTRACTED">
Hum..., wanted to help you but refraining for the moment after checking your previous/older Threads as I was a bit surprised if you joined the Forum in 2012 that you never had the time (hum...!?) to read the Forum Rules for Required Tech Info to include in your Threads (or posting for the first time in some existing Thread)... :shock:
=> (F)CIM for this current Thread...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

+ About your previous Thread, 5 of them (=50%, you handled and finished the 4 or 5 other Threads correctly) are still waiting for some Follow-up from your Side, uh...!? :shock: :
2 never got any Reply, then you should have bumped them after a while and/or shared your Solution once you managed to solve them...
3 got some Reply/Replies from other (Advanced) Users (among those myself once, pfff, more than 3 years ago already, ah-ah...!), but you never followed up / thanked them(/us) a bit.

=> I would ask you to finish those 5 Threads "a bit neatly" (and useful for other Users searching the Forum) and sharing your Solution if you solved them by yourself + mentioning your FCI in this current Thread (I never asked you before so I drop that "Condition" for your older Threads, I'm not sure I would be able myself to remember which exact Config I was using 3-4-5-8-10 years ago, ah-ah...!) before I would be willing to help you again in this current Thread...
(Sorry but I only help Users using the Forum "a bit correctly" = Correct Sub-Forum + Descriptive Thread Title + FCI mentioned + Neat Follow-up in all (previous) Threads and Sharing Solution.)

Oh...!, and if that can motivate you a bit, I know the/some Answer/Solution to your Qt('s), ah-ah...! :twisted:
(Would have taken me 1 min to simply post the Answer, instead of typing this much longer Post that should have never been necessary, ah-ah...!)

Well the Qt about iMacros for IE v10.2+ is not difficult for you to test...
But the Sol I would have for your 2nd Qt would work in all Browsers..., hum, and I've already posted it several times, you could find it easily if you searched the Forum a bit... And with a little bit more Info about the Page (= posting the URL) and your Scenario, there is probably an even easier Solution, I would think...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ericwoo

Post by ericwoo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:41 am

@chivracq, I appreciate your reply. I didn't intend to offend you. Regarding the (F)CIM, I didn't include that because I am asking for what (F)CIM works for that tag
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Hum, seems like you got "lucky", some new User tried to post a Reply but Post was not approved because of religious Comment...

Posted by MuslimPerson on 15 Mar 2017, 19:26

TAG POS=1 TYPE=input ATTR=name:bullet_point1 EXTRACT=HTM
    SET !EXTRACT EVAL("'{{!EXTRACT}}'.match(/value=[\"'](.+?)[\"']/)[1];")
now !EXTRACT = CONTENT TO BE EXTRACTED

[Religious Comment removed by Moderator.]
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...