iMacros for Chrome and ABP Erroring my Macros?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
inck243

iMacros for Chrome and ABP Erroring my Macros?

Post by inck243 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:46 am

I'm using chrome (8.4.4) and iMacros for chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit). OSX 10.11.2

I use Adblocker Pro and iMacros throws an error even when I use errorignore. The error says RuntimeError: Navigation error occurred while loading url (URL) details: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT, line: 2

I can disable ABP but I don't want to because the page has a lot of ads and it SLOWS down the macro so much since it waits for the ads to load, and the whole point of this macro is to be FAST and FIRST. I don't want any ads displayed on the page. how can I continue using ABP and blocking adds and imacros not throwing an error?
chivracq

Re: iMacros for Chrome and ABP Erroring my Macros?

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:03 pm

inck243 wrote:I'm using

Code: Select all

chrome (8.4.4) and iMacros for chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit). OSX 10.11.2
I use Adblocker Pro and iMacros throws an error even when I use errorignore. The error says RuntimeError: Navigation error occurred while loading url (URL) details: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT, line: 2

I can disable ABP but I don't want to because the page has a lot of ads and it SLOWS down the macro so much since it waits for the ads to load, and the whole point of this macro is to be FAST and FIRST. I don't want any ads displayed on the page. how can I continue using ABP and blocking adds and imacros not throwing an error?
Hum, I don't know your 'ABP' which is maybe specific for CR but I know ABP (AdBlock Plus) + ABE + uBlock on FF and for all 3 you can "tune" them with what exactly you want to filter and which HTML Elements / Scripts you want to block or allow (= whitelist)...

I don't know this RuntimeError, never seen before I think, it is maybe specific to v8.4.4 for CR... Have you tried using '!ERRORIGNORE', maybe combined with a short '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' if the Page still loads a bit correctly, as iMacros will probably wait for that Element/Script to get loaded...?
And hum, it is possible that the Error comes "deliberately" from the Site itself as they detect that you are using some AdBlocker, it's a bit of a "Cat & Mouse" Game on that domain, ah-ah...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...