Run an automation when starting Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Oh.Canada

Run an automation when starting Chrome

Post by Oh.Canada » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:59 pm

How can I setup iMacros to allow an automation task when everytime Chrome starts? Google it online, it shows that we can create shortcut from iMacros.exe. However I can't find iMacros.exe in my Windows 10. It seems that I am only using iMacros for Chrome. In that case, how can I achieve what I expect above?

Thanks, Stephen
iimfun

Re: Run an automation when starting Chrome

Post by iimfun » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:23 am

The main idea is to create a new html file having your included macro. Check it out:
http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... ne_Support

Note: instead of using the command line you can specify this file in the Chrome Settings:
On startup > Open a specific page or set of pages
Maybe it's possible to specify not a html file but a bookmarklet which launches a macro there. I haven't yet tested that profoundly.
Oh.Canada

Re: Run an automation when starting Chrome

Post by Oh.Canada » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:23 pm

It works, thanks a lot!