RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by * was not found

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nikolayjs

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by * was not found

Post by nikolayjs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi,

I am trying to automate a t-shirt upload process.

I am using iMacros (version 8.4.4) for Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87) and Windows 10.

Here is the generated code:

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Edit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:sp-preview-inner&&TXT:
TAG POS=96 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=* CONTENT=#000000
TAG POS=4 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:The<SP>design<SP>is<SP>repeated<SP>on<SP>the<SP>back<SP>Drag*
TAG POS=4 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:add-new-work ATTR=NAME:button

The error I get is:

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by * was not found, line: 4

I need to click on color picker and input #000000 as a color.

I guess I am supposed to have a class or div instead of *. Unfortunately I am a complete noob when it comes to html/css. Attached you can see a screenshot of the website code.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
imacros-min.png
chivracq

Re: RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by * was not found

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:45 pm

nikolayjs wrote:Hi,

I am trying to automate a t-shirt upload process.

I am using

Code: Select all

iMacros (version 8.4.4) for Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87) and Windows 10.
Here is the generated code:

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Edit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:sp-preview-inner&&TXT:
TAG POS=4 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:The<SP>design<SP>is<SP>repeated<SP>on<SP>the<SP>back<SP>Drag*
TAG POS=4 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:add-new-work ATTR=NAME:button
The error I get is:
RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by * was not found, line: 4
I need to click on color picker and input #000000 as a color.

I guess I am supposed to have a class or div instead of *. Unfortunately I am a complete noob when it comes to html/css. Attached you can see a screenshot of the website code.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
GOOD...!, you finally have a New User who's able to read the Forum Rules and mention all Required (Tech) Info when opening a Thread, he-he...! :D

I only miss the URL to your Site/Page which is vaguely visible from your Screenshot but I won't go and play "little Detective" to try to reconstruct it... :roll:
=> If you can post it clearly in your Thread...?

Well about your Statement:

..., hum, if iMacros doesn't find it, then it's not there, ah-ah...!
But, hum, the 'POS=96' is bad Practice, you should try to lower the 96 by re-enabling some Attribute(s) that you have apparently obfuscated with the 'ATTR=*' or maybe using Relative Positioning...
(But I'll have a look once you've posted the URL...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
nikolayjs

Post by nikolayjs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

The generic url is www.redbubble.com

I am afraid I cannot give you the proper link without giving you access to my account.

Hope that helps.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:35 am

nikolayjs wrote:Thank you very much for your reply.

The generic url is http://www.redbubble.com

I am afraid I cannot give you the proper link without giving you access to my account.

Hope that helps.
Nope, doesn't help much indeed if I cannot access the Page myself, ah-ah...!

=> So, Okay..., using the Info from your Element Inspector, grrr...! Won't be very easy, but OK, we can try...
First thing to try would be using the Class of this 'INPUT' Element:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=CLASS:"sp-input" CONTENT=#000000
If the Element is found, it might still not be the one you want if there are several Elements with the same Class, check a bit with 'POS=2/3/4/etc' if that helps...

Then, make sure the containing 'DIV' with the long Class Name (sorry, but I'm not retyping all those long Names from your Screenshot...) is found, the one with class="sp-container ... sp-palette-disabled"...
If it is found, you'll be able to use Relative Positioning for the 'INPUT' Field, Pb is that the 'INPUT' Field is located inside that 'DIV', so you'll need to use Double Relative Positioning to first get out of the 'DIV' for iMacros to be able to see inside it again, and even maybe Triple Relative Conditioning if you want to use an extra Relative Positioning Statement from class="sp-top sp-cf" for example, and not class="sp-input-container sp-cf", otherwise you need again to get out of it to be able to "see" the 'INPUT' Field.

In "Debug" Mode you could first try to do your Testing with '!REPLAYSPEED=Medium" or '!SINGLESTEP' Mode until you get your Script to work before reactivating Speed again... And of course with '!TIMEOUT_STEP' slow enough as well...

The 'EVENT' Mode if nothing else works could bring some Avail as well....
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...