Select Cell in Google Sheets in iMacros?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
taimysho0

Select Cell in Google Sheets in iMacros?

Post by taimysho0 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello

Im trying to get the macros to create a support ticket in another tab based off the info i have in a specific cell on google sheets. See my code below. Everything works but how do i get imacros to only use the content from the cell i click on before i run the macros, and in the "description" field of my support ticket to just lookup cell 10 in the same row i clicked on before running the macros? See bold parts below for areas in question. Thanks!

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://SOME_DOC
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=TICKET_CREATOR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:create_link
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:More
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:project-field CONTENT=team
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:summary CONTENT=[Current cell in shared spreadsheet]
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:description CONTENT= [Cell 10 of the current selected row above]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:create-issue-submit
chivracq

Re: Select Cell in Google Sheets in iMacros?

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:38 pm

taimysho0 wrote:Hello

Im trying to get the macros to create a support ticket in another tab based off the info i have in a specific cell on google sheets. See my code below. Everything works but how do i get imacros to only use the content from the cell i click on before i run the macros, and in the "description" field of my support ticket to just lookup cell 10 in the same row i clicked on before running the macros? See bold parts below for areas in question. Thanks!

Code: Select all

TAB T=2
URL GOTO=TICKET_CREATOR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:project-field CONTENT=team
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:summary CONTENT=[b][Current cell in shared spreadsheet][/b]
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:description CONTENT=[b] [Cell 10 of the current selected row above][/b]
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:create-issue-submit
Yep, but sorry, I'll pass on that one, I'm tired of asking you for your FCI each time you open a Thread, and you never finished your 2 previous Threads, while I already asked you in your previous one about the first one... (+ some hassle about a Duplicate Thread... which finally got deleted...), sorry but try to use the Forum a bit correctly if you want (Advanced) Users like me to want to help you again... :idea:

But, OK, mini-Hint, if you search the Forum a bit, I've already answered similar Threads like this one... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
taimysho0

Post by taimysho0 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 pm

chivracq wrote:
taimysho0 wrote:Hello

TAB T=2
URL GOTO=TICKET_CREATOR
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:ticketcreator_form ATTR=ID:summary CONTENT=[b][Current cell in shared spreadsheet][/b]
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:jiraform ATTR=ID:description CONTENT=[b] [Cell 10 of the current selected row above][/b]
Yep, but sorry, I'll pass on that one, I'm tired of asking you for your FCI each time you open a Thread, and you never finished your 2 previous Threads, while I already asked you in your previous one about the first one... (+ some hassle about a Duplicate Thread... which finally got deleted...), sorry but try to use the Forum a bit correctly if you want (Advanced) Users like me to want to help you again... :idea:

But, OK, mini-Hint, if you search the Forum a bit, I've already answered similar Threads like this one... :idea:

Hi, Sorry about that - I must have totally lost track of my posts and didnt get a chance to solve them out. Thanks for the help in the past, I went ahead and closed all the 2 previous old posts. Regarding this one, I searched the forums and search your posts for answers but could not find one that applied to mine.

Can you still help if possible?

CIM:

Version imacros :8.4.4
Browser: Chrome v56.0
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:21 am

taimysho0 wrote:Hi, Sorry about that - I must have totally lost track of my posts and didnt get a chance to solve them out. Thanks for the help in the past, I went ahead and closed all the 2 previous old posts. Regarding this one, I searched the forums and search your posts for answers but could not find one that applied to mine.

Can you still help if possible?

CIM:

Version imacros :8.4.4
Browser: Chrome v56.0
OK for FCI, wow!, CR56 already, I thought current CR version was CR54, ah-ah...!

But Ok, for the rest, pfff, not really impressed by your "totally lost track of my posts and didnt get a chance to solve them out.", I think I have about 5000+ Posts on this Forum in probably 3000-4000 different Threads, and I still keep Track of all of them, you are talking about 2 (previous) Threads in your case, sorry but I get some automatic Smile... :shock: , and yep you just posted in both previous Threads with stg like "Thread SOLVED - Closed", well, post your Solution for both then... :roll: , even if you here say that you "didn't get a chance to solve them out.", this is a bit contradictory...!, either you solved them and you are expected to share your Solution, or you still have the Pb then we can work on it until some Sol gets found, and your 2 previous Threads were not very "complicated", there is evidently some Solution... 8)

Well, concerning then this current last Thread, as I said, I've already answered this Qt several times, sorry but I don't feel like repeating/typing my Answer(s) again, especially as I was not "impressed" by your Use of the Forum until now..., what Keywords did you use to search the Forum, and which Threads did you already find..., which were not useful thus...!?
There are maybe 10 Threads Max on the Forum about "Googledocs"/"Googlesheets", it shouldn't be very difficult to find related Threads, I would think... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...