x/y not working anymore?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
questions

x/y not working anymore?

Post by questions » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 pm

I just tried to record a macro using the x/y record option and it recorded tags and html code instead of the x/y position... can anyone else confirm this?
Legalien

Re: x/y not working anymore?

Post by Legalien » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 pm

I ran into the same problem today while trying to fix a script for someone.

Then I downgraded to iMacros 8.9.7 and it worked again :)
Buy Social Media Services - https://Socialesale.com
questions

Post by questions » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:33 pm

sure I can downgrade to rocks and sticks too, but what's the official answer to why XY isn't working? And why is it available as a recording option if it doesn't work?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:52 am

questions wrote:I just tried to record a macro using the x/y record option and it recorded tags and html code instead of the x/y position... can anyone else confirm this?
Legalien wrote:I ran into the same problem today while trying to fix a script for someone.

Then I downgraded to iMacros 8.9.7 and it worked again :)
questions wrote:sure I can downgrade to rocks and sticks too, but what's the official answer to why XY isn't working? And why is it available as a recording option if it doesn't work?
Well, 'Official" Answer is that this Thread will eventually get deleted (or merged with your (original) Duplicate) as I reported it 2 months ago to get deleted, ah-ah...!:
Report reason: Other

Reported by chivracq on 01 Apr 2017, 08:17
Duplicate...!
User from 2008 still behaving like a Newbie with Duplicates, never follows up on his previous Threads, grrr...!!!
But hum, looks like the Forum Admin doesn't check the Forum very often, ah-ah...

But hum, even your "original" was a Duplicate-Duplicate-Duplicate..., due to not searching the Forum... :roll: and not being able to read the Release Notes... :idea:
=> What more of an "official answer" do you expect if the "official answer" is simply documented in the Release Notes...!? :roll:

(Quite impressed by the Follow-up on this current Thread, I have to admit... :D , hum even if it's only 2 months later, oops...! :shock: )
Mini-Guess: Next Reply/Follow-up, if any, will come in Octb/Novb 2017...!? :lol:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
dewix

Post by dewix » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:34 pm

I just made an account to say this was the first link in my search results. Instead of finding a helpful answer, I found a 50 year old man behaving like a child which seems to be a reoccurring theme. Here for his actual answer.

Quite impressed by the helpful moderation on this current thread, I have to admit... A little advice, next time just link your previous answer and then lock the thread. It is less effort for you and much more helpful for everyone else.

Also, IYGIATBH, stop giving people puzzles to follow in order to understand what you are saying. I really don't get it, you aren't even saving time because your explanation is longer than your signature. It honestly just seems like some kind of incredibly petty power play rather than a time/effort saver.

"CIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)"

"What version operating system, web browser, and imacro are you using?"

Much shorter and easier to understand without making someone reference a freaking glossary. That guy might not have even known sig meant signature. Moral of the story stop UWANU, see my sig.
- (I)YGIATBH = (If) Your Goal Is Actually To Be Helpful
- (U)WANU = (Using) Weird Abbreviations Nobody Understands
- I usually don't even read what you are saying if you refuse to communicate clearly.
- SIG = Signature
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 pm

dewix wrote:I just made an account to say this was the first link in my search results. Instead of finding a helpful answer, I found a 50 year old man behaving like a child which seems to be a reoccurring theme. Here for his actual answer.

Quite impressed by the helpful moderation on this current thread, I have to admit... A little advice, next time just link your previous answer and then lock the thread. It is less effort for you and much more helpful for everyone else.

Also, IYGIATBH, stop giving people puzzles to follow in order to understand what you are saying. I really don't get it, you aren't even saving time because your explanation is longer than your signature. It honestly just seems like some kind of incredibly petty power play rather than a time/effort saver.

"CIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)"

"What version operating system, web browser, and imacro are you using?"

Much shorter and easier to understand without making someone reference a freaking glossary. That guy might not have even known sig meant signature. Moral of the story stop UWANU, see my sig.
- (I)YGIATBH = (If) Your Goal Is Actually To Be Helpful
- (U)WANU = (Using) Weird Abbreviations Nobody Understands
- I usually don't even read what you are saying if you refuse to communicate clearly.
- SIG = Signature
OK, Septb is still young, I guess we can have some Fun with a new Troll for this month, LOL... 8)

(Sorry but I disapproved your Duplicate in the original Thread to avoid polluting it, this one is supposed to get deleted completely if one day the Forum Admin will take the time to review the Delete Reports, so you/we can have some Fun in this one, ah-ah...! :oops: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...