recording righ clicks in imacros

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pratiksha27.jain

recording righ clicks in imacros

Post by pratiksha27.jain » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am

Firefox : 49.0.2
plug in : imacros_for_firefox-8.9.7-fx
------------------------------

Hi,

Is this possible to record the right click and further options generated on right click through imacros in firefox.
am trying to copy data through this option.
so is it possible to copy the data and write its value to csv. ( i know we can extract data to csv but getting formatting issues through firefox)
snapshot of what am trying to do
snapshot of what am trying to do

Thank you.
chivracq

Re: recording righ clicks in imacros

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:27 am

pratiksha27.jain wrote:

Code: Select all

Firefox : 49.0.2
plug in : imacros_for_firefox-8.9.7-fx
------------------------------

Hi,

Is this possible to record the right click and further options generated on right click through imacros in firefox.
am trying to copy data through this option.
so is it possible to copy the data and write its value to csv. ( i know we can extract data to csv but getting formatting issues through firefox)
right_click.JPG

Thank you.
Yeah, the 'EVENT' Mode is able to record some "basic" Right-Click with "BUTTON=2" instead of "BUTTON=0" (Left-Click), but it stops there, you cannot select any Menu Option...

A more "promising" way to investigate is, still using the 'EVENT' Mode, I see all Copy Options from your Add-on have some Shortcuts that usually work with the 'EVENT' Mode, except that in your case, those Shortcuts all look like they need a Combination of 'Ctrl^Alt^c^LeftClick' for example, which is Keyboard + Mouse, but Mouse Actions are recorded as 'CLICK' Events and Keyboard Actions are recorded as 'KEYPRESS' Events (+ 'MODIFIERS' eventually), but I would think you cannot combine them together, but you can try of course... Maybe it will work with 2 Statements...

Or maybe those Shortcuts are customizable and you can modify/"simplify" them...

But, I would still think it would be easier to let the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism handle the Extraction (and the Save), I gave you all Options to explore in your previous Thread but you didn't do/try anything with those...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
pratiksha27.jain

Post by pratiksha27.jain » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm

many thanks for a swift response

I have tried things and nothing seems to be working to get the extracted data in proper format.

If you can have a look at what all i have tried so far.

Thank you
techimac

Post by techimac » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 am

how to simulate right click -save link as?
Download button is not showing download prompt

tried on this link
https://www.y8.com/games/billiards
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#details>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>A:nth-of-type(5)>SPAN" BUTTON=2
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#details>DIV:nth-of-type(4)>DIV>A:nth-of-type(5)>SPAN" CHAR="k"

or

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Download
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts