Check box issue

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

Check box issue

Post by shaves » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Our macro navigates through a series of PeopleSoft screens to create payments. This navigation works just fine. The last step in this process is the macro checking a checkbox for the appropriate records. It may go through several screens and check appropriate checkboxes but that appears to be working just fine. The issue comes at the last step. When the macro pushes the "save" button, the first check box that was checked is unchecked. Now the batch doesn't balance and a message is displayed notifying the user of this situation. If there are only a couple of checkboxes in the batch it isn't too hard to determine which one is missing. However, if there are 100 or more, it is much more time consuming and defeats the time saving efficiencies of this macro.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before with a macro and is there any solution? I have tried a number of different things and cannot get this to work. Thanks for the help........

This is the code that selects the check box:

IM = "CODE:"
IM = IM + "TAB T=1" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "SET TIMEOUT! 10" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "FRAME NAME = TargetContent" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:APD_MANDFT_WS_XREF_SELECTED$" & y & "&&VALUE:Y CONTENT=YES"

This is the code that pushes the "save" button:

IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=NAME:#ICSave" + vbNewLine

The application is PeopleSoft 9.1
We are using the Internet Explorer version of iMacros
We are running the macro with VBA from an Excel 2010 xlsm file
The operating system of the PC Windows & Enterprise
chivracq

Re: Check box issue

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:15 am

shaves wrote:Our macro navigates through a series of PeopleSoft screens to create payments. This navigation works just fine. The last step in this process is the macro checking a checkbox for the appropriate records. It may go through several screens and check appropriate checkboxes but that appears to be working just fine. The issue comes at the last step. When the macro pushes the "save" button, the first check box that was checked is unchecked. Now the batch doesn't balance and a message is displayed notifying the user of this situation. If there are only a couple of checkboxes in the batch it isn't too hard to determine which one is missing. However, if there are 100 or more, it is much more time consuming and defeats the time saving efficiencies of this macro.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before with a macro and is there any solution? I have tried a number of different things and cannot get this to work. Thanks for the help........

This is the code that selects the check box:

Code: Select all

IM = IM + "SET TIMEOUT! 10" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:APD_MANDFT_WS_XREF_SELECTED$" & y & "&&VALUE:Y CONTENT=YES"
This is the code that pushes the "save" button:

IM = IM + "TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=NAME:#ICSave" + vbNewLine

The application is PeopleSoft 9.1
We are using the Internet Explorer version of iMacros
We are running the macro with VBA from an Excel 2010 xlsm file
The operating system of the PC Windows & Enterprise
FCIM for me to read, read my Sig for Required Info..., I see some vague "PeopleSoft" (Ah-ah...!, I used to work for PS TechSup, hum, was a funny time 6-8 years ago, got bought by Oracle just after I left...), "VBA", "Excel" +"2010" => woaw!, that looks like a Version...!, but hum, not very relevant for here I am afraid...!, but nothing related to iMacros + Browser + OS with any precise Version(s), then sorry, I don't read... Read my Sig, I only read (and answer) Threads where FCI is mentioned clearly... :idea:

Sorry, don't get offended, that's my "Style"... Either I reply like "that" or I let your Thread rot until you didn't get any Answer for several days/one week and you will eventually think that stg is wrong and you might then get the great Idea of reading the Forum Rules for Required Info when opening a Thread... :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
shaves

Re: Check box issue

Post by shaves » Mon May 15, 2017 8:03 pm

When I got back to looking at this, our users got a PeopleSoft upgrade and that solved the issue. No code changes were necessary. I'll post an update on my threads in the future when the issue is resolved. thanks for your reply.........shaves