Drop Down question

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dubflakes

Drop Down question

Post by dubflakes » Tue May 16, 2017 10:01 am

This is site specific. I was wondering if there is a way to code the drop down menu for this site without knowing the actual text in the drop down.
https://shop.marqspusta.com/collections ... 2526659142
For instance, on this page the three drop down options in order are:
"Gray Edition"
"Charteuse Edition of 150"
"Auburn Edition of 80"

Is there a command line in which I could use a numerical option? Like grey would be 1, Charteuse would be 2, and Auburn would be 3? Or is there a way I can set the tag position to correlate with the drop down? The HTML seems to only have options for the text, but I won't always know what the exact text will be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
chivracq

Re: Drop Down question

Post by chivracq » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm

dubflakes wrote:This is site specific. I was wondering if there is a way to code the drop down menu for this site without knowing the actual text in the drop down.
https://shop.marqspusta.com/collections ... 2526659142
For instance, on this page the three drop down options in order are:
"Gray Edition"
"Charteuse Edition of 150"
"Auburn Edition of 80"

Is there a command line in which I could use a numerical option? Like grey would be 1, Charteuse would be 2, and Auburn would be 3? Or is there a way I can set the tag position to correlate with the drop down? The HTML seems to only have options for the text, but I won't always know what the exact text will be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
CIM...! :mrgreen:

And hum..., not impressed...!, your previous Thread has been waiting for some Follow-up from your Side for nearly 4 years...! :shock:
=> This doesn't motivate much to want to help you (again), sorry... => Finish first your previous Thread a bit "neatly", mention your FCI for this current Thread (read my Sig...) and maybe you can bump this Thread in 4 years...!? :idea:

The Answer to your Qt is in the Wiki btw... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
dubflakes

Post by dubflakes » Wed May 17, 2017 4:10 am

CIM
Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Windows 10 64 bit
And hum..., not impressed...!, your previous Thread has been waiting for some Follow-up from your Side for nearly 4 years...! :shock:
=> This doesn't motivate much to want to help you (again), sorry...
I'm just sayin', when someone asks for audio engineering help on a MB, I help, because I want to and have the knowledge to do so. I don't do it for some need for personal validation. If no one replies, I just assume they found their answer and move along and I especially don't use my knowledge to be patronizing to the people that need that help. I found the answer to my question almost immediately after my first post and never received an email of a response, so I simply forgot about it. I promise that vengeance and malice against you was not remotely close to being my motive. :roll:
and maybe you can bump this Thread in 4 years...!?
That's a strange assumption considering I never bumped the previous one. :idea:
The Answer to your Qt is in the Wiki btw..
I'm sure it is. Doesn't necessarily mean I was able to locate it or find the context that applied directly to my issue.

If you weren't so busy trying to be witty and condescending, you might understand the potential for those sorts of things to occur. :idea:
dubflakes

Post by dubflakes » Wed May 17, 2017 4:12 am

CIM
iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Windows 10 64 bit
I'm just sayin', when someone asks for audio engineering help on a MB, I help, because I want to and have the knowledge to do so. I don't do it for some need for personal validation. If no one replies, I just assume they found their answer and move along. I especially don't use my knowledge to be patronizing to the people that need that help. I found the answer to my question almost immediately after my first post and never received an email of a response, so I simply forgot about it. I promise that vengeance and malice against you was not remotely close to being my motive. :roll:
I'm sure it is. Doesn't necessarily mean I was able to locate it or find the context that applied directly to my issue.

If you weren't so busy trying to be witty and condescending, you might understand the potential for those sorts of things to occur. :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:29 pm

dubflakes wrote:
CIM

Code: Select all

iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Windows 10 64 bit
I'm just sayin', when someone asks for audio engineering help on a MB, I help, because I want to and have the knowledge to do so. I don't do it for some need for personal validation. If no one replies, I just assume they found their answer and move along. I especially don't use my knowledge to be patronizing to the people that need that help. I found the answer to my question almost immediately after my first post and never received an email of a response, so I simply forgot about it. I promise that vengeance and malice against you was not remotely close to being my motive. :roll:

:wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...