Extracted Data in different columns no placeholder anymore

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mrjjman

Extracted Data in different columns no placeholder anymore

Post by mrjjman » Sat May 20, 2017 4:41 am

Anybody have any ideas? On the 8.9 build, when the macro didn't have any data to extract, it would fill in eanf. This would keep all the data extracted in the same column, neat and easy to filter. Now, when nothing is there, it simply moves the data over, so I end up with something like this:

A B C D
A B C D
A C D
B D
B C D

Instead of this

A B C D
A B C D
A #EANF# #EANF# D
#EANF# B C D

Apart from using the older build, is there any fix for this? Basically, I want eanf or some other placeholder for when no data is extracted, so the columns are easily filtered.
chivracq

Re: Extracted Data in different columns no placeholder anymo

Post by chivracq » Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm

mrjjman wrote:Anybody have any ideas? On the 8.9 build, when the macro didn't have any data to extract, it would fill in eanf. This would keep all the data extracted in the same column, neat and easy to filter. Now, when nothing is there, it simply moves the data over, so I end up with something like this:

Code: Select all

A	B	C	D
A	B	C	D
A	C	D	
B	D		
B	C	D	
Instead of this

Code: Select all

A	B	C	D
A	B	C	D
A	#EANF#	#EANF#	D
#EANF#	B	C	D
Apart from using the older build, is there any fix for this? Basically, I want eanf or some other placeholder for when no data is extracted, so the columns are easily filtered.
FCIM...! :mrgreen:

+ I think I've already expressed my "Feeling" about your Use of the Forum perfectly, in a more diplomatic way than how I was going to react, hum "lucky then, you", ah-ah...!:
chivracq wrote:Hum, you always ask interesting Questions, pity you didn't understand how to use a Technical Forum a bit correctly, by not following up on (all I think) your previous Threads for example, and I don't answer your Threads anymore now... :roll:
Arggghhh...!!, woaw...!, you are very bad if I checked them all...!, ah-ah...! Love you actually, I like Stats and I think you hold the Record: 9 previous Threads and no Follow-up on all 9, ah-ah...!! (And I already reacted on a few of those 9, Nb_10 now, Okay..., I'm used to it, don't worry...) :D :D

But hum, 10 Threads now with no Follow-up = No Answer, that places you directly in the Top_5 or maybe even Top_3, I would think of the worst Answer Rates on the whole Forum, most Users stop after 5 or Max 7 of such Threads, ah-ah...! Okay, glad for you if you are Happy, but you didn't get one single Thread solved, sorry I don't get it, some kind of "Sport" maybe...?, or maybe you are playing some secret Challenge...?, OK, why not... :roll:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
mrjjman

Post by mrjjman » Sat May 20, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm here! Sorry, I get caught up on other things and forget :oops:. I always end up having the tough questions! lol
mrjjman

Post by mrjjman » Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm

I wouldn't mind just using the 8.9 build, but it seems to randomly get stuck and different loops, and I imagine the newer build fixed that. So I'm stuck in a rock or hard place lol
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 21, 2017 12:56 am

mrjjman wrote:I'm here! Sorry, I get caught up on other things and forget :oops:. I always end up having the tough questions! lol
mrjjman wrote:I wouldn't mind just using the 8.9 build, but it seems to randomly get stuck and different loops, and I imagine the newer build fixed that. So I'm stuck in a rock or hard place lol
Oh...! Follow-up, I'm impressed, very good...! :D

But "FCIM" for this Thread (read my Sig...) + idem for all 9 previous Threads + you need to finish them all a bit "neatly" and useful for the Forum Community by sharing your Solution as I guess you managed to find a Solution by yourself (of from some other Forum), or you should have bumped those a long time ago already... and I hope you'll be using the Forum a bit correctly from now on...!
Sorry, I get caught up on other things and forget :oops:.
Yeah-yeah, maybe once or twice but not 9 times in a row, ah-ah...! What's the point of asking a Qt if you forget each time directly about it...!? Nice Try, ah-ah...! :shock:

>>>

Oh but I read your Qt, yep known Pb for v9.0.3, there are a few Threads already on the Forum, I've mentioned a (cumbersome) Workaround in one of those Threads, but "best" Option is to revert to v8.9.7... I don't know anything about your "Loop" thing, but v9.0.3 doesn't fix anything, on the contrary...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
mrjjman

Post by mrjjman » Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 am

Nope, I just moved on and find new problems lol. I guess this is just another new one that has no answer.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 21, 2017 4:16 am

mrjjman wrote:Nope, I just moved on and find new problems lol. I guess this is just another new one that has no answer.
v8.9.7 for FF is the "stable" Version at this moment, still works on FF52/53 as v9.0.3 for FF is full of Bugs and Limitations compared to v8.9.7 but if you want to stick to v9.0.3 and you'll be the only one, ah-ah...!, then go ahead, and if you want to solve your Pb, you can always implement the Workaround I mentioned in one of the Threads I mentioned, that's your Solution... until some v9.0.4+ or v10 Version gets released... no idea when...
mrjjman

Post by mrjjman » Sun May 21, 2017 6:02 am

Now you see why I don't contribute! When, like you've said, I've posted 9 times and gotten zero answers, makes it hard to wanna contribute :roll:. You just repeated to me what I said at the end of my last reply, which isn't helpful or efficient. And you said you mentioned threads, and it may be a bit late, but I don't see any threads... So we have a repeated answer followed by referencing threads that aren't in the post :?: