How can I make sure the macro ran well

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chiaravel

How can I make sure the macro ran well

Post by chiaravel » Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi,

I see that with .NET Component IMacros only run saved macro with PLAY stattement.

But..

In my Macro, I load a web, fill textbox, make a login and do a click into a button...

But in VB.NET you can't do it line by line.. you just run an entire macro

I just want to know when the macro is finished, if it was executed successfully or there were errors. Specifically, I want to know if the macro clicked correctly on the correct button.

Thanks

Chiaravel
chivracq

Re: How can I make sure the macro ran well

Post by chivracq » Tue May 23, 2017 2:35 am

chiaravel wrote:Hi,

I see that with .NET Component IMacros only run saved macro with PLAY stattement.

But..

In my Macro, I load a web, fill textbox, make a login and do a click into a button...

But in VB.NET you can't do it line by line.. you just run an entire macro

I just want to know when the macro is finished, if it was executed successfully or there were errors. Specifically, I want to know if the macro clicked correctly on the correct button.

Thanks

Chiaravel
FCIM...! :mrgreen:
Sorry, I'm always a bit "autistic" and I don't read Qt's if FCI is not mentioned, read my Sig..., but if I can do what you want in pure '.iim', I would think you can convert that easily to 'DOT.NET' or 'VB.NET' (hum..., didn't know there was a 'VB.NET' Component, ah-ah...!, I thought you can do whatever you want in '.VBS'/'.VB' using the Scripting Interface, a bit surprised there is a 'VB.NET' Component...? (OK, never used it, so I'm not sure about my allegations...))

Hum, and this previous Thread of yours is still waiting for some Feedback/Follow-up... yep, nearly 3 years later...! :shock:
(Sorry but I only help Users who follow up a bit "correctly" on ALL their Threads... and finish them neatly and share their Solution...)

And hum, if using 'DOT.NET' or "your" 'VB.NET', you probably have some Support License, the 'DOT.NET' thing is very expensive I thought, as a paying Customer, TechSup will help you much better than the Forum I would think... There is not much Expertise on the Forum I would think, I only reacted because I would know how to answer your Qt in pure '.iim'...

EDIT: Strange "Typo": "will well you" = "will help you"... (corrected)
Last edited by chivracq on Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chiaravel

Post by chiaravel » Tue May 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Yes I have a legal license in my name. Was adquired in 2014.

I haven't support now, my license is from 3 years old.

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 24, 2017 12:20 am

chiaravel wrote:Yes I have a legal license in my name. Was adquired in 2014.

I haven't support now, my license is from 3 years old.

Thanks
Yeah, don't worry, I don't really care about your License, ah OK, Support is only for one year, OK, I didn't know... (I only use the Free Add-on(s), mostly for FF...)

But can you mention the Info about your Environment...?

And it would have been "a bit nice" 3 years ago if you had finished that previous Thread of yours "a bit neatly" just to acknowledge that you had seen the Reply from TechSup, I guess asking for a mini-Thanks is too much, but if I see that you didn't/don't follow up on (previous) Threads, that doesn't motivate much to want to help you (again), is my Feeling then...

And I don't know this 'VB.NET' Component. But hum, even Google can't find it... :?
Is it, like the 'DOT.NET' Component, some kind of Browser in which you can run Macros either in "pure" Native ''.iim' Language, or do/can you use (only?) '.vbs' Scripts and you create on-the-fly '.iim' Macros that are launched through 'iimPlay()'/'iimPlayCode()'...? (I've never heard of a "PLAY Statement" in iMacros..., maybe if you posted your Script, that would help me understand a bit better and quicker...!)
And if it's not a "direct" Browser, in which Browser (+ Version...?) + Add-on Version...? + OS...? are you playing your Macros...?
It's a Technical Forum, is it that complicated to mention 3 Versions...? And many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...

I may not know this 'VB.NET' Component but as I mentioned earlier, if I'm able to do what you want in pure '.iim', you can always convert it to your "preferred" Programming Language if you wish or if that's needed, but you need to answer my Qt's... (I simply don't answer Threads if FCI is not mentioned, sorry... And I normally don't even read such Posts...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chiaravel

Post by chiaravel » Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 pm

LOOK,

At first.. HOW ARE YOU ?

I do not tolerate your sarcasm because you do not know me and I owe you absolutely nothing.

If you don't know about .NET Component don't answer in this subforum.

.NET Component is used in every .NET Language (C#, VB.NET, Java.Net, and more).

You don't need my Imacros .NET Component VERSION, or my Browser version o nothing, because I'm not reporting some ISSUE.

I am asking about some kind of control after having executed the macro. I need to know if it worked well.

And I can run the Macro in the Imacros Browser and I see that it runs fine, but my application will be an application distributed by thousands of users and I can not know which Browser or Operating System or variables will each have ...

Are you happy with my explanation now or will you continue to use your sarcasm and bad mood with me?

Go away and let someone who knows answer ... and do not bother me anymore.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 pm

chiaravel wrote:LOOK,

At first.. HOW ARE YOU ?

I do not tolerate your sarcasm because you do not know me and I owe you absolutely nothing.

If you don't know about .NET Component don't answer in this subforum.

.NET Component is used in every .NET Language (C#, VB.NET, Java.Net, and more).

You don't need my Imacros .NET Component VERSION, or my Browser version o nothing, because I'm not reporting some ISSUE.

I am asking about some kind of control after having executed the macro. I need to know if it worked well.

And I can run the Macro in the Imacros Browser and I see that it runs fine, but my application will be an application distributed by thousands of users and I can not know which Browser or Operating System or variables will each have ...

Are you happy with my explanation now or will you continue to use your sarcasm and bad mood with me?

Go away and let someone who knows answer ... and do not bother me anymore.
Yeah, I'm fine, Thank you, and yep, I'm happy/happier with your Explanation, which belonged a bit to your original Post.
Don't need to know the DOT.NET Component to find a Solution to your Pb, but OK, I won't bother you anymore, don't worry, good luck with other (Advanced) Users... 8)