PDF web form

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zirjeo

PDF web form

Post by zirjeo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:30 am

IE 11, Windows 10, VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403

So you can only automate on a page that contains html I believe, so there is no automating a pdf form. But isn't a pdf web form somehow connected to a html page or xtml, im not sure how that works exactly. The page I'm wanting to automate has .aspx in the url. It's in a Framework I think. Is there anyway to dig deeper into the frames to possibly be able to pull off some automation? Maybe convert xtml to html.
chivracq

Re: PDF web form

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:53 am

zirjeo wrote:

Code: Select all

IE 11, Windows 10, VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403
So you can only automate on a page that contains html I believe, so there is no automating a pdf form. But isn't a pdf web form somehow connected to a html page or xtml, im not sure how that works exactly. The page I'm wanting to automate has .aspx in the url. It's in a Framework I think. Is there anyway to dig deeper into the frames to possibly be able to pull off some automation? Maybe convert xtml to html.
Yeah, I don't know exactly to be honest, hum..., because I never had a "chance" (well "challenge", I guess...!) to give it a "Go" myself and do some Testing by myself...

Sbd posted stg about '.PDF' Forms a few months ago, with some "Trick" or using some Add-on, I don't remember exactly... :idea:

If you have some URL or a way for me to have a look, I would be willing to throw my "Creativity" at the "Struggle", ah-ah...!
(+ exact/complete Instructions of what you want exactly, of course... And hum, you are on IE11, I would be doing my "Creative" Testing on FF/PM, but if stg works on FF/PM, then there is already Hope for on IE I would think... :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:04 am

The site requires a login. Can you do private messaging on this rig? :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 am

zirjeo wrote:The site requires a login. Can you do private messaging on this rig? :D
Nope..., PM is disabled on the Forum, but you can send me a Mail: "[My_Pseudo_on_the_Forum]@gmail.com" + some "clear" Subject-Title mentioning the 'iMacros Forum' then I should notice it...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 pm

I sent you an email last night, just wanted to check you received it? Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:57 am

zirjeo wrote:I sent you an email last night, just wanted to check you received it? Thanks
Yep, got your 2 Mails indeed, was a bit "busy" today, and tomorrow even more, and oops!, already 04h in the morning for me now, but I tried to have a look... (Managed to log in perfect with your Instructions, and to navigate to the 'CA-LA' PDF Tax Form...)

1- PM: I can't open the PDF Form using my "favorite" Browser, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (+ iMacros for FF v8.8.2), even if I change my User Agent to IE11, all I see is are the 4 Buttons at the Top of the HTML Page and a Blue Area that should display the PDF...

2- FF: Exact same thing with FF53 (+ iMacros for FF v8.9.7), no avail either if I change my UA to IE11.

3- IE: Same thing as well with IE11 (v11.0.42), I only get the Blue empty part and no PDF Displayed. I never use IE, I only have it installed "just in case", I guess I need to install some PDF Viewer, and I don't even have iMacros installed.

4- Edge: (I'm on Win10-x64) Is the "best" of the 4 Browsers, ah-ah...! I get some 'PdfHandler.pdf' displayed in the Blue Area telling me:
To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

For further support, go to http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html
Doesn't look "too promising" until now, ah-ah...! I'll give it a try again on Friday after installing some PDF Viewer in Edge + IE, and installing iMacros for IE once I manage to see the Form..., or to try to open the Page (with the Form) locally in PM/FF, but it needs ActiveX, so I guess only IE indeed will be able to display/handle it... (I can't believe btw that anno 2017, there are still Sites that only work in IE, ridiculous, ah-ah...!)

I managed to save the full HTML Content of the "Blue" Page from PM, with all '.js' Scripts and even the 'PdfHandler.pdf' File which is there, even if it's not displayed like in Edge, I'll have a look at the Source and if I can come further on Friday...

And I handled the 'BACK' + 'Back to the Queue' correctly + 'Sign out' correctly I think from the 4 Browsers, (and I was able to be logged in from all 4 Browsers at the same time, ah-ah...!), and I saw you were probably working on some 'MI' Case at some moment as it was locked...

Did you try btw to use the 'EVENT' Mode and the 'DS' Mode...?, only the 'DS' Mode for example is able to "handle" Flash Objects, I guess PDF "Objects" might be a bit like Flash Objects...
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 am

Ya it is annoying how's it's IE only. I think the active x should do the trick. I had tried Event mode but I have the free version so DS mode is not available to me. If I knew that would work for sure I might consider upgrading.
Will be curious to see if you can work any magic. Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:11 pm

zirjeo wrote:Ya it is annoying how's it's IE only. I think the active x should do the trick. I had tried Event mode but I have the free version so DS mode is not available to me. If I knew that would work for sure I might consider upgrading.
Will be curious to see if you can work any magic. Thanks
Hum, was a bit "late" when I typed/posted my previous Post, had to correct a few Typos when I re-read it right now...

Well, concerning the 'DS' Mode, you could always install the Trial for iMB v11.5 to give it a try...
iMB is forked/built on the IE Engine, so if this Site only works on IE, there are chances it will work on iMB as well, even if hum..., the PDF Viewer (Version) might still pose a Pb, if even my Up-to-date Edge (v40) needs some "later" Version of the PDF Viewer while Edge is able to natively open PDF Files...