Issues with trial period popup

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
o11i3

Issues with trial period popup

Post by o11i3 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 am

Hi all,

I've recently installed imacros for IE on a virtual machine which has IE 11 and imacros v 11 on it. However, when I run my scripts a pop up appears warning me that i have X days left until the trial period finishes. My scripts will not run without this pop up being closed by a user first. I have now reached the end of the 30 day trail and the pop up appears advising the trial has expired and asking me to buy imacros or close the application -i have no other options.

At the same time I have another VM which has been running scripts for several years on IE 8 imacros v 8. This version is also the free version of imacros but I do not have any pop ups to remind me that the trial version is over.

I assumed from the blurb on the imacros/download page that imacros would default to a trial version permanently once the trial period had finished. https://imacros.net/download/
but I've found some threads on this forum which suggest the new version of imacros behaves differently to the old version and that this "expired" message is now the default. However, this is not in keeping with the description on the website.

Is this correct? Has the old behavior of reverting to a more basic, free version of imacros been changed?
Should I revert to an old version of IE and imacros?
o11i3

Re: Issues with trial period popup

Post by o11i3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 am

I got around this by switching to imacros add on for FireFox.
a2515125

Re: Issues with trial period popup

Post by a2515125 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:00 pm

use Pale Moon browser 26.3.3/Firefox 8.8.7.1
that is more stable than Firefox......

Firefox usually crashed for no reason