iimInit & iimOpen returning -1

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
smptech

iimInit & iimOpen returning -1

Post by smptech » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:52 am

Hi,

I am running imacros 7.5.1 (scripting edition) locally on a windows 7 box without any issues when iimInit or iimOpen is used. However when I deploy my application to the server and launch the function in my app that runs iMacros scripts, it will launch the browser (imacros browser), but I get a -1 returned when either it init or open commands are executed. As I'm sure you know this error indicates that the software was not setup correctly.

Any suggestions?
chivracq

Re: iimInit & iimOpen returning -1

Post by chivracq » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 pm

smptech wrote:Hi,

I am running imacros 7.5.1 (scripting edition) locally on a windows 7 box without any issues when iimInit or iimOpen is used. However when I deploy my application to the server and launch the function in my app that runs iMacros scripts, it will launch the browser (imacros browser), but I get a -1 returned when either it init or open commands are executed. As I'm sure you know this error indicates that the software was not setup correctly.

Any suggestions?
FCI: iMB v7.5.1, Win7 + iMB v7.5.1, OS...?

Your "when I deploy my application to the server and launch the function in my app" is a bit vague... What "Server", what "Function", what "App"...?

But have a look anyway at this Thread from yesterday, I reckon you are both in the same "Situation" and I would give you the same Answer...:
- iiminit returns -1 on Windows 10
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...